Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:43:19 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla' « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'  (Read 18914 times)
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »

I'm not against hunting, in fact I can understand that the challenge of stalking and killing a wild animal with a rifle, handgun or bow can give someone the same satisfaction I get out of target shooting with these same weapons. When I saw this on the TV news I was lead to believe that the boy had stalked this animal and killed it with several shots from a handgun in a short period of time, also that he had adult backup armed with rifles. I read the article in this thread about the hog being a domesticated pig, almost a pet, named Fred, placed in a fenced enclosure and then shot repeatedly over a 3 hour period. This is not humane, or hunting, it's certainly not sport. Here is a large pig, used to being around people, he probably spent the final hours of his life unable to figure out why people who looked just like the ones who gave him sweet potatoes and played with him were now hurting him. Fred wasn't hunted, he wasn't even executed, he was tortured to death. The boy's father said they didn't know Fred was a domesticated pig, maybe so, but I have to say that I believe the person responsible for this travesty has earned a place in hell  Hatred Hatred

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 06:10:10 AM »

That is very sad. Pigs are very intelligent critters....jeez...that's...very...sad. Ugh. How patheticlly warped are these people? Is getting there name in the news so dam important? I can picture it" HEY! Looky here,Clem! Sez har theeze folks gotta big ol' pig and kilt it! Hell! Fred is biggeren that old hawg! Lets kill 'em! Yeeehaaa!"Loser rednecks. Sick basterds.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 07:25:43 AM »

where did you find it? Does it have a name?

I Googled "Big Fish" and that was one of the first images that came up. I tried looking it up again to find out more about it (the artist seemed obsessed with fishes vomiting up other littler fishes) and the image now comes up linked to this thread! A modified version comes up on a Colorodo State "Fishery Science" class from 2006, but it's not the one I originally found.  Question

Another unsolved mystery here at Badmovies.org!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
raj

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »

These "enclosed hunts" are disgusting.  I've got nothing against hunting, but you need to match your wits against nature's, not putting an animal in a fenced in area.

Probably get a lot of bacon out of the guy.  And spare ribs.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 11:06:45 AM »

The only upside to this story is that it would make a fabulous B-movie

hogzilla

it has a ring to it. at everyone's scared of wild boars - remember old yeller?

There has already been one monster pig/hog type novel and movie. Razorback, released in 1984, set in Australia, about a giant boar that's a cross between a feral hog and a wild one. It's got some good moments, the one where the hunter realises that this animal is going to tear a hole in the corrugated steel siding of a farm building just to eat him is one. The film was nominated for, and received several awards. It's a good movie, but I enjoyed the book a lot more.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

There has already been one monster pig/hog type novel and movie. Razorback, released in 1984, set in Australia, about a giant boar that's a cross between a feral hog and a wild one. It's got some good moments, the one where the hunter realises that this animal is going to tear a hole in the corrugated steel siding of a farm building just to eat him is one. The film was nominated for, and received several awards. It's a good movie, but I enjoyed the book a lot more.

I always loved that cover, though the movie was deep into b-movie territory.  This is one of the films that my mom's video (she worked there, not the owner) would never rent out the VHS and she would bring it home for me.  Been years since I saw it, though I do have the VHS in my collection.  It is set in Australia, right?  I seem to remember that the limited resources and remoteness of the location worked in favor of the story.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:51 AM »

Hmm, I saw this in a daily local newspaper the other day. I'd have to say I don't much believe this. My father had a few good things to say about it that have persueded me into believing it completley isn't real.

First off, he said, that if there were pigs that big roaming around, then someone would have saw one before. Also, the article reads 'If the claims are accurate', meaning the weight/height etc, so it isn't solid fact. And that the gun they claimed to used , had only recently been turned into a handgun, or some thing like that. And would be hard to get, and is heavy to hold while running three hours. Also, pointed out the gun in the picture looks very much like a paintgun that he is holding. Also said some other things.

We actually were planning to write a letter to the newspaper saying all the things we pointed out about the bogus story, and I think we just might, and to see what they say. And my take on it is that the newspaper I read it in, which is up here in New England, they probably didn't go all the way to Alabama and actually saw the pig with their own two eyes and were certain it was real. Mayeb this picture was sent to them, or they heard it through another dimwit newspaper or reporters. I is probably photoshopped or something like that. People do everything with those darn computers now. Anything for a story though, right?

And hogs and pigs never ever get that big. All of a sudden a new "humungo-pig" species appears out of nowhere? I don't think so.

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.