Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:17 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Best Hamburger You've Ever Had  (Read 23073 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: May 26, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »

My vote goes to Johnny Rockets and their Route 66 burger.  Whats your favorite?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 10:13:51 PM »

This is a tough one........Hmmm. Just had a pretty good one at Outback Steakhouse last week. Best? I don't really know for sure. If you have plenty of ketchup/Mustard/or Mayo it always turns out good.

If your talking fast fast food. Naturally the flame broiled ones at Burger King are good, and now they have the angus burger, but so are the ones at McDonalds with those little diced onions. Putting bacon/cheese on any burger improves things. Not sure why, but I always liked Carl Jr.s star burger out West. Jack In The Box has insane burgers with chilli and all sorts of stuff. Or was that french fries? Pure fast quality goes to the In N Out franchise in California. They only do hamburgers and freshly cut fries. In N Out now that's the best overall hamburger place for the simple burger.

I can make some good ones at home, but not as much as I use to.

Sushi has become my number one favorite take out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:15:55 PM by Scott » Logged

dean

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 12:21:40 AM »

There is a trend developing here that has taken off is gourmet burgers that are huge, and packed full of not only semi-healthy goodness, but big bits of quality meat.  They're pretty awesome, and one of the 'big guns' in this area is a place called 'Grill'd'.  A personal favourite of mine is the "Simon Says": Grilled Chicken Breast, Avocado, Crispy Trim Bacon, Salad, Relish and Herbed Mayo.  Yum.  For some reason I've always been a fan of the chicken burgers, but as you'd expect they have a great selection of beef burgers as well.

Sure fast food is quick and easy, but gosh darn these burgers are awesome.  Though for almost AU$10 a burger they'd better be eh?

Damn, now I'm hungry...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:25:58 AM »

There's a strange, dodgy restaurant in downtown Boulder City, Nevada, that can't quite decide if it is a greasy diner or a fashionable, California eatery.  Its identity crisis makes for some great combinations.  Imagine one pound of smoky, fat-ass grilled beef with avocado, 1000 island, ketchup, onions, tomato, and lettuce between huge slices of sourdough bread for $4.  Oh, and it comes with a gazillion fries made from actual potatoes and cola in a glass bottle.  I wish I could remember the name of the diner.  It's about 20 minutes outside Las Vegas.  On the right-hand side if you are following signs to Hoover Dam.  Oh well.  TeddyR

++josh;
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 07:28:33 AM »

The McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders are the bomb!   Thumbup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Burger King's Stackers but whenever I eat one, I can taste it for at least 12 hours afterwards everytime I belch.

(you don't get that with McDonalds burgers)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy's Triple Cheese Burgers are pretty good...depending on the restaurant..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don't have In-&-Out's here in Iowa.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We only recently got Sonic here.

I've eaten their food in Missouri.
They make an OK burger.

Has anyone here had Steak & Shake burgers?
We've had one of their restaurants here for several years now and I've never tried it.
Are they any good?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 08:15:38 AM by Ash » Logged
Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:40 AM »

We made a stop at a Sonic near Monument Valley in Northern Arizona. I like the whole set up and the food was decent.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:23:14 AM by Scott » Logged

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 11:36:33 AM »

These are probably more like steaks, but who cares? I like burgers fried in teriyaki and soy suace with butter. Better than any fast food burger.
Scott

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 11:52:15 AM »

Years ago when German immigrants came over to the U.S. they were cooking something called the steak burger without bread. It was a ground beef steak. Our hamburger of today.

Torgo

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

There's a place located in downtown Roanoke, VA called Texas Tavern that sell these little burgers that are the most delicious that I've ever eaten.  They also have a type of burger called The Cheesy Western that is 2 of their beef patties, fried eggs, relish, onions and cheese.  YUM YUM!

There's a great place in Charlottesville, VA called The White Spot right near UVA that sells The Gus Burger.  It's kind of The Cheesy Western taken to the next level and I swear I can feel my arteries hardening up when I eat one, even though they're delicious as all get out.   They add more eggs and lettuce, tomato and ketchup which you can't get at Texas Tavern.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:20:59 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:35:39 PM »

Any of the ones I didn't have to pay for.

Actually there is this little spot in the road deli/gas station/grocery/video rental/small engine repair place near me. (Can you tell I live in the boondocks) that makes the best burgers ... It's 100% Angus beef because the owner has a cattle farm too. They are THICK and JUICY and CHEAP and extremely good ... no beyond good THEY'RE GGGGrrrrraaeeettttt!!!! (Said Tony the Tiger-ish)

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »

Any of the ones I didn't have to pay for.

Actually there is this little spot in the road deli/gas station/grocery/video rental/small engine repair place near me. (Can you tell I live in the boondocks) that makes the best burgers ... It's 100% Angus beef because the owner has a cattle farm too. They are THICK and JUICY and CHEAP and extremely good ... no beyond good THEY'RE GGGGrrrrraaeeettttt!!!! (Said Tony the Tiger-ish)

Now that sounds good....the best burgers are the ones that come off a real grill, and aren't processed patties.  I don't eat a lot of beef, but when I want a burger, it has to be a real one, no fast food please.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 08:35:45 AM »

Those mushroom and swiss burgers from Hardees are my favorite.  Mmmmmm  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 11:20:13 PM »

FIRST, for those uninitiated, let me reveal the secret of a truly GREAT HAMBURGER : once ground, minimize handling of the meat.  Pounding ground meat does not make it more tender.  Also, a great burger can be made in a skillet and need not be fire-grilled (though lovely) but the second secret of a great burger is that it be flipped only once! 

Agree with Snivelly, fast food burgers and true Hamburgers are different animals.  Though their burger is kind of fast-foody, it's the best of the bunch and to-order: WINDMILL here in NJ. 

There is a place about 20 minutes west, probably called "DINER" on Route 33 west of Neptune (can't remember for sure, being a good boy) that is truly a hole-in-the-wall that makes an outstanding, to-die-for, hand-formed hamburger of choice ground beef and just-right acoutrement -- ask for cheese!   TeddyR   Applause to those cited. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:21:45 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 07:26:12 AM »

I weep for all of you who do not live in Utah, because that is the only place one can find the family-owned Crown Burger outlets, truly the greatest hamburgers on earth.

I introduced a visiting friend to the overwhelming goodness that is Crown Burger, and now she curses me because she frequently wants one and can't get one where she lives.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

A Memphis outfit called Huey's has the best burger in the universe--or multiverse even.

Laurel

My vote goes to Johnny Rockets and their Route 66 burger.  Whats your favorite?

To achieve harmony in bad taste is the height of elegance.--Jean Genet
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.