Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:14 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best Hamburger You've Ever Had  (Read 23072 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »

OKI, for fast food burgers, the Texas chain called Whataburger ROCKS!!!!!!!!  It is head and shoulders above every other franchise.

For "Home grilled" style burgers, there is a little gas station in Lone Oak, TX that will cook up a double cheeseburger while you wait.  It comes with a plateful of fries and is THE BOMB!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 07:37:13 PM »

I'll second Indianasmith's vote for Whataburger as the best fast food burger, although I really like Hardee's also, though we don't have them down here in South Texas.

For gourmet burger chains, I'd go with a Fuddrucker's 1/2 pound buffalo burger; those are quite tasty.

But the best burger I've found anywhere is from a local place in Corpus Christi called Backstreet Burger: It's 1/3-pound of beef flame-broiled, loaded to capacity with fresh veggies. It's juicy, hot and wonderful, and the owners are really nice people, too.

I think I'm noticing a trend here, though: the best burgers don't come from chains, but rather from independent restaurants that cater to local people rather than to regions or states or nations.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 07:42:59 PM »

For gourmet burger chains, I'd go with a Fuddrucker's 1/2 pound buffalo burger; those are quite tasty.

I used to love Fuddrucker's, but the last few times I have been to one they were not so good.  Maybe the ones in the Midwest are held to a higher standard?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »

I used to love Fuddrucker's, but the last few times I have been to one they were not so good.  Maybe the ones in the Midwest are held to a higher standard?

Either that or we just have less to choose from. Fuddrucker's is still fairly new here, so they are still trying to please customers. Otherwise, there's Wallbanger's, which has gone a bit downhill in the last few years.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
a
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »

I really liked the taco salad.  Once i found a little fruit fly in it. I guess that will happen every once in a while. The last time I had one, THE LAST TIME, there was a large dead fly at the bottom of my salad!!  I will NEVER eat there again.  Gross... Thumbdown
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »

FAT MO'S!

No doubt at all!

Plus: Milkshakes made with Purity ice cream!

here's their menu:

http://www.fatmos.com/custpage.cfm/frm/1681/sec_id/1681

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »

I haven't been to a Fuddruckers since I visted Edmonton in the 80s. The chain's not in this part of Canada. At the time, I was pretty impressed - meat freshly ground, buns baked daily, patties of various sizes cooked to order, an impressive topping bar and self-serve pop. Is it still like that?

I'd say, of the restaurant burgers available here, I'd have to go with Kelsey's cracked peppercorn burger. Big, juicy patty crusted in cracked peppercorns, with lettuce, tomato, pickle, red onion, cheese and fried onion rings, served with a basket of various bottled condiments for easy customization.

Hard to pick a fast-food burger. Each has its unique charm.

Probably the most spectacular burger I ever bought was at a place called Reuben and Wong's (combination Chinese and deli, as the name implies). It was the Brontosaurus Burger. I can't remember if it was a half, three quarter or full pound of beef in the patty, but it was like a meatloaf on a loaf of bread. And it was covered with cheese, bacon, onions, tomatoes and pickles, whole fried mushrooms and a bunch of other stuff. That was a meal and a half.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »

Probably the most spectacular burger I ever bought was at a place called Reuben and Wong's (combination Chinese and deli, as the name implies). It was the Brontosaurus Burger. I can't remember if it was a half, three quarter or full pound of beef in the patty, but it was like a meatloaf on a loaf of bread. And it was covered with cheese, bacon, onions, tomatoes and pickles, whole fried mushrooms and a bunch of other stuff. That was a meal and a half.

AHHH! yes! Except down here in London, ONT it was called the Kong burger. i am quite miffed that they closed up shop and i can no longer get it anymore. In the R&W at Whiteoaks mall I was quite well known there as the guy who could eat one of those, plus all the fries and gravy, plus desert.. and help his wife finish her meal. I have yet to find a restaraunt that can offer me a burger as good as that one!

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »

For a fast food burger, I would have to say the Hardee's 'Monster Thickburger'.  Hardees was a local restaurant chain that was started near where I live but ended up being bought out by Carls Jr. a while back.  Originally it was just the Monster Burger which was much much smaller than what Hardees now has.

Here is a synopsis from Wikipedia:

The Monster Thickburger is a type of double-bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise. The burger contains 1,410 Calories (5,900 kJ), 107 grams of fat, and 2740 mg of sodium.

Ingredients include a sesame-seed bun, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, butter-flavored shortening and two patties of ground beef made from Angus cattle for a total of 2/3 lb (300 g uncooked) of meat.

The marketing of this burger may represent a neo-comfort food movement against alarms raised by nutritionists about an obesity epidemic. In an interview on CNBC, Hardee's CEO Andrew Puzder said the sandwich was "not a burger for tree huggers." The burger was also parodied on an episode of the Late Show with David Letterman when the "CEO of Hardee's" came out to talk about the then-new Monster Thickburger to David Letterman, only to die from a heart attack after just taking one bite. Nevertheless, sales for the 2,067-restaurant chain have risen steadily since the introduction of the Thickburger family in 2003, with same-store sales up 7.8% annually.

The Monster Thickburger is based on the Monster Burger, which had similar ingredients but was the size of a double quarter pounder instead of two-thirds of a pound.

I'm telling you that this burger is one of the most delicious things on earth.  I'm a mayonnaise fan to an extent and this thing is covered with it.  It's not just regular mayonnaise but a spicy recipe that only Hardees seems to have.  That along with all of the meat, cheese and bacon makes for a great heart-attack inducing meal.  Throw in some curly fries and you are set for the day.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »

AHHH! yes! Except down here in London, ONT it was called the Kong burger. i am quite miffed that they closed up shop and i can no longer get it anymore. In the R&W at Whiteoaks mall I was quite well known there as the guy who could eat one of those, plus all the fries and gravy, plus desert.. and help his wife finish her meal. I have yet to find a restaraunt that can offer me a burger as good as that one!

You're in London? I used to live in the Waterloo area. Went to the R&W by the university. I still haven't seen another burger like that one. Mind you, I was also a big fan of the Mongolian Grill that set up in the same location a little later. I now live in a place at least 40 minutes of highway driving from the nearest Tim Hortons, so chain restaurants are kind of a treat. The Americans on here probably can't appreciate how remote that is. I used to pass three Timmies on my way to work in the morning.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 08:25:36 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

The best I ever had was a marinated, flame broiled buffalo burger my brother made.  Oh my god, I think I would pass up sex for that burger.
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 06:26:07 AM »

I now live in a place at least 40 minutes of highway driving from the nearest Tim Hortons, so chain restaurants are kind of a treat. The Americans on here probably can't appreciate how remote that is. I used to pass three Timmies on my way to work in the morning.

Dear god Andy.. 40 mins from a Timmys?? How do you manage?? I thought I was out in the boondocks living 15 mins. away from one. You know it is kind of funny that most Canadians will use a Timmy's as a key landmark in most directions. TeddyR

Oh and for a fast food burger, my vote goes to the Wendy's Baconator Thumbup
just because i like the word Baconator.

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 10:54:22 PM »

I have to second Skaboi's nomination for the Hardees Monster Thickburger.
Though I disagree about the Mayo part.
(I can't stand mayonnaise  Blech!  Thumbdown)

You will feel guilty after eating one of them.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:12:47 PM by Ash » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 07:39:47 AM »

A restaraunt in town here called Big T's has a great Portabella Mushroom burger...the 'shroom is as big as the burger! So good! I like to have onions ,dill pickles, tomato,mustard, + horse radish!

I don't like fast food burgers at all...but for Wendy's Hot and Spicy Chicken sandwhich!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »

You know it is kind of funny that most Canadians will use a Timmy's as a key landmark in most directions.

There just happens to be one at every major intersection, so it works  TeddyR

I couldn't begin to pick a favourite fast food burger. This is one area where the major chains have actually shown some diversity. McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. They all have a distinct style of burger, so it's hard to compare.

I had been trying to decide between the Big Mac and the Whopper with cheese, although sometimes those little McDonalds cheeseburgers (so basic, they're almost the antithesis of what I'd consider a good burger) can really hit the spot.

But then, out of the blue, I think of the A&W burgers, that have a sort of salty, greasy, caramelized-meat flavour. Mmmmmm. When you get right down to it, the meat is what really makes a hamburger.

---------------------
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.