Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:13:08 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Best Hamburger You've Ever Had  (Read 23079 times)
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 06:54:34 AM »

But then, out of the blue, I think of the A&W burgers, that have a sort of salty, greasy, caramelized-meat flavour. Mmmmmm. When you get right down to it, the meat is what really makes a hamburger.

Oooh, ok I am going to have to change my fav fast food burger. The A&W double motzza melt. I am so getting one of those for lunch now. I can actually hear my arteries hardening when I eat one of those! Thumbup

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 07:11:50 AM »

The McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders are the bomb!   Thumbup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Burger King's Stackers but whenever I eat one, I can taste it for at least 12 hours afterwards everytime I belch.

(you don't get that with McDonalds burgers)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy's Triple Cheese Burgers are pretty good...depending on the restaurant..

We only recently got Sonic here.

I've eaten their food in Missouri.
They make an OK burger.

Has anyone here had Steak & Shake burgers?
We've had one of their restaurants here for several years now and I've never tried it.
Are they any good?

I haven't had Sonic in about 4 years.  There are none anywhere close to where I live (The closest one is 40 miles away).  The first time I had a Sonic Burger was in Kitty Hawk North Carolina.  I loved it.  It's a shame they don't have any closer to where I live, I think if they did I would probably end up going there all the time for food.

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:27 PM »

The only Sonic I ever went to was in Kayenta, Arizona in Navajo territory just after visiting Monument Valley around sundown. We got a bite to eat at Sonic. It was a brief outdoor dining moment. The Sonic and Hotels are entirely staffed by young Navajo. The town is basically a flat dusty area where you can find gas, food, and lodging, but the surrounding areas in each direction are incredible.

Then we headed towards Page, Arizona. It was really weird. Following the sun over the horizon. The sun light should have been gone, but we followed dusk for about 90 miles till we arrived in Page, Arizona and finally dark. Waking up the next morning in another neat place.

Photo of downtown Keyenta. The Sonic isn't in the picture, but head around the corner South on Rt. 160.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYBs3qRM3_U

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 08:46:34 PM by Scott » Logged

Torgo

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

Sonic has an absolutely delicious spicy breakfast burrito that I've gotten hooked on a bit.

There's a Sonic a couple of streets over from my house (along with a Dairy Queen & Hardees.)

If you like some hot stuff with a bit of kick to it, try their breakfast burrito's some time. I doubt you'll be disappointed.  They have a great coney island style hotdog as well that I like a lot.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
MST3KFan
Dedicated Viewer

Watches too many bad movies

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »

Best burger I've had is probably one I had at Bennigan's.
THE BIG IRISH 1 LB. BURGER
Two juicy, 8 oz. patties perfectly grilled and served with two slices of melted American cheese and an extra bun.

Unhealthy as hell, but tasty. Heck, you NEED the steak knife they include to chop it in half cause of it's huge size to really eat that sucker. I wish though they still did their never ending fries though.

"And a noble race dies out...sometimes. This LOSER race though will not be missed." -Crow T Robot, MST3K "Prince of Space"
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

Kuma's Corner here in chicago...all their burgers are named after metal bands and are served on a pretzel roll bun..hmmmmmmmm

anson vince
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

i like dead animals : :
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »

The best burger I had was one I made myself with ingredients from the supermarket.  A flat-ish freshly baked hamburger bun from the bakery (I hate the high domed ones), slathered thickly with a fancy dip made from chilli crab and pesto mayo.  A patty of burger meat, 4 slices of bacon that had been cooked in the fat from the hamburger patty and done until just starting to crisp.  A filet of beer battered fish.  Two slices of cheese - one tasty, the other swiss. Once large leaf of fancy lettuce.  Two slices of tomato.  All topped with bbq sauce.

My son is 6 foot 1 and built like a Mack truck.  After one burger he was conceding defeat.  But the groans of culinary ecstasy emanating from his very full mouth during the feed made me glow with pride   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pilgermann

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:02 PM »

As far as fast food burgers go, I generally like Burger King, and Hardee's has great ones.  I miss the old Hardee's menu when they had those awesome Chicken Biscuits during breakfast hours.

I really can't think of any great burgers I've had other than homemade ones.  There's a local place called Kaelin's that's one of three joints that claim to be the birthplace of the cheeseburger (I think it's the only one still operating, though) and I'd like to try theirs sometime, although I'm sure it's nothing special.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 08:04:48 PM »

There's this bar/restaurant I go to fairly consistently that has a good burger. 

The restaruant I work at has fresh ground patties made up everyday (no frozen patties or anything like that), and they have a special one called the "Royal Burger", which is two patties, lettuce, tomatoes, and one or two onion rings (fresh made) thrown on top.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008, 10:44:46 AM »

Red Robin is currently on top for me.  I had their Peppercorn and Mushroom burgers recently and thought it was near perfect to a burger as it could be. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »

Down in Myrtle Beach, SC, there's a chain of restaurants called River City Cafe and they get my vote for the most juicy, toasted-bun-pickle-loaded-with-cheese burgers I've ever eaten. Also, 5 Guys and Fuddruckers- couldn't narrow it down to one Question

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
redsneaker
Dedicated Viewer

Malcolm, get me my hypo-gun - quickly!

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2008, 09:57:21 PM »

Has anyone here had Steak & Shake burgers?
We've had one of their restaurants here for several years now and I've never tried it.
Are they any good?
My wife swears they are awesome. She made it a point to drive 40 miles to get to one when she went home for a trip.

"Strange and unexplained events are occuring."
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2008, 11:20:13 PM »

steak & shake is pretty great for a chain.

in chicago, there's a joint just off the cross-street of damen & chicago ave, called "odge's yellow submarine". great burgers, kitschy digs.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Best Hamburger You've Ever Had « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.