Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:46 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Has anyone seen Shrek the Third? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has anyone seen Shrek the Third?  (Read 5200 times)
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« on: May 27, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »

I'm taking my kids to see this one tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone else here has been to see this one yet.  Anyone?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »

I guess no one has seen it yet then!

We went today, and it wasn't terrible, but I could have waited until it hit DVD.  The animation was excellent; for example, on horses, you could see the individual hairs in their hide, grass and trees moved in the wind like in real life, and the scenes with water were beautiful.  But the story was exactly like Happily N'Ever After, which BTW I do NOT recommend wasting time or money on.

Shrek wasn't the ogre-of-action he was in the previous two films.  This time he took a backseat to the other characters, and while it was funny in places, it just wasn't as fresh and original now.  So overall, not terrible, but not what I'd hoped for either.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

I thought that the 1st one was okay.

The 2nd one, though, was terrible IMO.

So I'm passing on seeing the 3rd one anytime soon.   Thumbdown

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »

Got to see it recently. It wasn't as over-the-top funny as the second one, and of course the novelty that helped carry the first is no longer there, but all in all, it's a good way to close out the series. (I've heard there's a fourth one in the work, but it's a prequel. Also, there's supposed to be some kind of spin-off starring Puss in Boots.)

There's a bit of innuendo and grossness to earn it that PG rating, but virtually nothing that could be considered morally offensive. There aren't really any big belly laughs either, but the humor keeps up at a steady pace. I particularly liked the sequence with Fiona breaking the news to Shrek that there's a blessed event on the way and then Puss in Boots giving a lecture on the facts of life when Shrek asks (rhetorically) "How could this happen?"

I was rather surprised to see Justin Timberlake was voicing the young King Arthur, though he does play it well. I guess he fits the part (which may or may not be a good thing). He's not much of a fighter, but he's almost too good for his own good as a politician. (One point that seemed a bit unresolved at the end is that he's very charming and manipulative, qualities that may make him popular, but may also make him a bad ruler.)

As usual, the references and parodies abound throughout the film, but there just isn't much left to lampoon after the second one. The graphics are frighteningly realistic, to the point that I almost expect a scandal in the near future in which an animated feature will be found to have actually had live actors playing some of the parts. My biggest disappointment with it is that it didn't have the after-the-show zinger at the end like the second one.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Has anyone seen Shrek the Third? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.