Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:20 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Classic/well known films you still haven't seen... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Classic/well known films you still haven't seen...  (Read 43155 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »

Man some of these film some of you haven't seen????!!!! And you call yourself movie fans???!!! FOR SHAME!!! Twirling

Being a incurable insomniac I get to see a lot of movies both good and bad, most from a hazy glaze of awake but not awake. However, I must confess my sins, I've never seen "Gandhi", "300", "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and while I seen the movie I don't think I've see "Gone with the Wind" in one setting. I'd check a little here and a little there and the stupid part is I own the 4 disc set.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »

Schindler's List - just not interested.
Gone With The Wind - I've seen parts of it, but I don't think I ever watched it from beginning to end.
Citizen Cane - I dunno, maybe I saw it when I was 10 years old or something.
Any of the Ilsa films - been meaning to check those out.
Taxi Driver - not interested.
Most of those Italian horror films that the Italian horror fanboys rave about - I've seen a couple of the most famous ones and wasn't the least bit impressed.

Honestly, I have no interest in seeing a film because it's famous.  I only want to be entertained.  I'm quite proud that I don't like stuff that most other people do.  Most other people watch Survivor and Who Wants to be a Millionairre.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »

If it's on an AFI list, chances are I haven't seen it. If it's got Godzilla or Jeffrey Combs in it, chances are I've either seen it or own it and will see it eventually... when the diabetes takes my feet and I'm unable to leave my apartment. Most people shun the idea of losing their feet and spending the rest of their lives in bed, but I look at my comic and movie collections and the thought brings a smile to my lips...  Cheers

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
peter johnson

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »

I still haven't seen most of the Francois Truffaut output -- "The 400 Blows" being one film that inspired both Kubrick's "Clockwork Orange" AND the Lindsay Anderson films "IF" and "Oh, Lucky Man", which everyone on this board SHOULD see --
Ditto "Zero for Conduct".
Still haven't seen DiSico's "The Bicycle Thief" or "The Battle of Algiers".
Still mean to complete my Kurosawa viewings.
Ditto Bergman:  Even though I claim Bergman the greatest director, and "The Seventh Seal" the best film ever made, I have not seen "Hour of The Wolf" and a host of others he made in the late '50's.
Still missing very early and very late Fellini, though have watched "Armacord" more than once.
I still haven't seen Cocteau's "Testament of Orpheus", yet have rewatched "Blood of a Poet" and "Beauty and The Beast" dozens of times each.
"Killer Clowns From Outer Space"
The first/original "Toxic Avenger"
"Dead Alive"
"The Searchers"
"Stagecoach"
Re. gaps in film experiences:  Yes, I would have to say that everyone should see "Casablanca" several times, ditto "Citizen Kane", "Nosferatu", "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", "Battleship Potemkin", "M", "Fury", "Little Shop of Horrors", "Birth of A Nation", "The Cameraman", "Orphans of The Storm", not because they are good for you, or even because they created film conventions that nobody even thinks about these days, but because they are damned enjoyable!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »

My name is Indy, and I've never seen any of the ROCKY series . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »

Never seen Citizen Kane, myself....
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »

Still mean to complete my Kurosawa viewings.

I love Kurosawa films.  I just watched Rashomon again last week, but I haven't seen Ran yet, though I mean to.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

Man some of these film some of you haven't seen????!!!! And you call yourself movie fans???!!! FOR SHAME!!! Twirling

Personally, I've never refered to myself as a "movie fan" so much as a cinemasochist. I watch terrible movies because I get a sick satisfaction out of subjecting myself to them. As such, I prefer the collected excretions of people like Larry Buchanan, Thomas Tang, Charles Band and those sinister Polonia Brothers as opposed to making good use of my time with stuff by people who know what they're doing. I'm only given so much time on this Earth and I've chosen the dark side. TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »

As a bad movie fan,I am ashamed to say I haven't seen many of the "must see" fliks like...
.Russ Meyer films-Only seen one of his few "legit" movies-BEYOND the VALLY of the DOLLS>
.Never seen any Andy Milligan films.
.Yet to see most of Paul Nascy's monster flicks...the 3 I HAVE seen...FURY of the WOLFMAN,the WEREWOLF vs. the VAMPIRE WOMAN,and FRANKENSTIEN'S BLOODY TERROR,I enjoyed .
.Never seen  an anime. Except DRAGONBALL Z when my kids watch Cartoon Network.
.Never saw ZARDOZ. Curious,though.
.Only seen 2 Franco films...REVENGE of the HOUSE of USHER (sucked..except for the ORLAC flashbacks),and some slow motion dullsville movie...VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
peter johnson

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »

(Sn****r . . . chuckle . . .) Oh, by all means:  Everyone MUST see Zardoz!!
(Spews coke out nose . . .)
If you've never seen an Anime, I would say, yes, there's a genre, like Westerns, that can be explored to death.
If you've never seen an Anime, and want to know what the fuss is all about, I would strongly recommend classics like "The Ghost In The Shell" and/or "Spirited Away", just to get the proper tone, & then go on from there to the more obscure stuff.  Either of these films blows the whole "Dragonball Z" franchise into the next Universe . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »

On a positive note, I did finally see Vanishing Point!... so there's that...

fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 12:32:52 AM »

I've never watched Gone With the Wind, My Fair Lady (but I recently bought it), The Deer Hunter (though I started to watch it), Dr. Strangelove, Pan's Labyrinth, On the Waterfront, Dog Day Afternoon, and that Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie involving the bridge and angel ;)

As for "classic" movies that I have watched and love:  Casablanca (best "classic" film, ever), Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Taxi Driver, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Steamboat Bill, Jr., Ordinary People, Psycho, Roman Holiday, and To Kill a Mockingbird

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
crawlfan
New Visitor

"I'll show you what 'horror' means"

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »

Bride of Frankenstein.

It's ironic I haven't seen it since I watch 30s horror movies nonstop.
madbliza
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 05:09:18 PM »

Dune.

I've never brought myself to watch it and I don't know why.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »

Dune.

I've never brought myself to watch it and I don't know why.

It's the freaky blue eyes ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Classic/well known films you still haven't seen... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.