Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:07 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So Begins THE SLOW TIME... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: So Begins THE SLOW TIME...  (Read 7046 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: May 29, 2007, 04:55:53 AM »

Summer is here and so begins THE SLOW TIME here on the forum.

As many of you have probably noticed within the last week or two, this forum has officially started its summer slowdown.
The Summer Slowdown can be guaranteed to produce:

Relatively uninspired and unimaginative threads...
Less people posting and responding...
Boredom and frustration for us regulars who are used to posting here everyday...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that most of my creative ideas come to me in the summertime when hardly no one is here to read them?   Question

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:35:16 PM by Ash » Logged
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:57:56 AM »

i hear that, its a drag.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »

Ash... you ain't seen nothing yet. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »

Smile

It's winter in South Africa now (yes, it can and does get brrrrr cold here) so I will be here to read whatever you write, Ash.

Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »

Eh, part of our normal wax and wane cycle.  One good thing is that everyone gets out and does things that they have been waiting to do until summer.  Life and experience is where we all get our interesting things to talk about or stories to tell.  I'd not worry about it so.

Heck, once Katie delivers number three, I will probably be less common for a little while.  Having seven or eight pounds of crying baby in the house definitely takes up some of my spare time.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:49:22 PM »

I do most of my posting from at work versus home anyway, so I'll be around regardless to post various meandering thoughts.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »

I'm new, but I find several of the threads interesting.  At least there's dialogue!  Compared to other boards I visit and have visited, this one is pretty lively!   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

Well, I live in the desert.  Come summer time, I begin to feel like Lance Henricksen in Near Dark so the shaded hovel I call home is ever the more welcoming.  I'll do what I can to keep things interesting, even if it means taking cheap shots at Steven Soderbergh and M. Night.  Incidentally, if any of you would like a button, PM me.  TeddyR

++josh;
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 09:45:57 PM »

I've been away off and on for a few days. Doing day trips. Here are some of the places I went:

Philadelphia - King Tut Exhibit

George Washington Crossing - Delaware River/State Park/

New Hope, PA Area - Delaware River/Canal Barge/Steam Engine/Food/Shopping/Scenic Drives/Small River Towns/Narrow Bridges/Tower/Ringing Rocks

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=o-mCXTTlX5I&mode=related&search=

Maybe Andrew could put up a Travel section of our forum. Then I might put more details about the locations. The section would be a neat way for us to share travel destinations.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:54:00 PM by Scott » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 10:09:33 PM »

I still haven't got my laptop up and running so I'm limited on internet time.Their also lots of concerts in the summer so I'm out more and for some reason more horror movies in the threaters. I saw Severance 2 fridays ago and saw Bug yesterday with DayWatch coming up on Friday.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:44 PM »

There goes Rich again watching movies without telling us  Smile. So what did you think of BUG and SEVERANCE?

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

There goes Rich again watching movies without telling us  Smile. So what did you think of BUG and SEVERANCE?

I would do a little review but its such a pain to type on my moms computer so I will make it short Smile

Severance was a great Dark Comedy. Like The Office mets a slasher flick. It had a very limited threater release I juts lucked out because I live in NYC one of the place screening it. Highy recommend.

Bug was a weird one. its a psychological horror film and more of a charater study of two isolated lonely individuals fall in love and how they go well crazy. Not very typical and it was good but I would hold out and rent it. Not for everyone.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 10:30:46 PM »

Thanks Rich. Karma for the extra work I made you do.  Smile

Interested in both films, but I'll what for DVD for both of them. Thanks again.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »

Normally, Ash, I'd be right there with you, but even I am getting out some now. I tried tennis the other day (I need a lot of work), then finally tested out my cousin's kayak that afternoon. No giant killer sharks appeared (see another old thread) and I apparently love kayaking. Been swimming at my best friend's house a lot too. I actually like some exercise, imagine that. I even have the beginnings of a tan for the first time in almost ten years. Also been driving about an hour away on days off to see my sister and her new baby.

Although I have been putting in spotty appearances here lately, I'll try to post more now that I've started my regular work schedule with my new job.

The last b-movie I rented was Succubus:Hell Bent a few weeks ago. I was tempted to try a reader review of it, just to try out some jokes that came to mind watching it, but Time didn't allow for it. May try later.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:37 PM »

I too find this board far more active than any other board I visit at the moment. In fact, Gerry's Scifilm board could use a serious shot of life not that folks like allhallowsday and BoyScoutKevin and many others haven't tried. Said board is simply filled it seems to me with the same folks who know each so well one hardly knows what to post about anymore. Also Gerry has been exceptionally busy what with a new baby and everything and hasn't had time to update the site in quite a while so that's likely a factor there too. I also frequent a pro wrestling board at www.oldschool-wrestling.com which too has slowed down considerably over the last month so yeah, I'd say there's something to the summer doldrums theory not that there's anything wrong with people getting out and enjoying the warmer  weather.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:37:19 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So Begins THE SLOW TIME... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.