Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:23 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cosmos: War of the Planets « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you seen it, did you like it?
Yes, I have seen it and liked it. - 4 (50%)
Yes, I have seen it and would like to wash with a brillo pad and bleach. - 2 (25%)
?????? - 0 (0%)
No, Have not seen it, but very curious. - 2 (25%)
No, Have not seen it, and do not plan on it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cosmos: War of the Planets  (Read 5075 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« on: May 30, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »

I just saw  this movie.  What was I was I thinking? Question Question Question

I saw the cover art for this movie at B-Movie Central, and all I have to say is,
the Cover Art LIES!!!  The cover art makes it look like a cool movie, not!!!

Here is the cover art:

(Not sure why the picture did not come thru, watch this clip instead.  I will try to fix the picture.)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H245myW9Pso

Did anyone else feel ripped off???

***I will probally watch it again, because I love these movies and severely brain damaged from the movies before this one.***
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:07:01 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »

This was hard viewing JPickettIII, but one that all of us here should see. One of many mandatory bad movies leading towards our badmovie doctorate degrees.

Bought it and viewed it along with WAR OF TH ROBOTS about 3 years ago and they may never leave the shelve again.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:07:41 PM by Scott » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:03:20 PM »

HA! Another victim for Cosmos.  If you think this one was annoying you should check out Star Odyssey!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »

Wow. I never seen this one! It sounded kinda...kinky! BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »

Yep, All directed by Alfonso Brescia. STAR ODYSSEY(1979, WAR OF THE ROBOTS (1978), and WAR OF THE PLANETS (1977) are all Italian Sci-Fi films that attempted to bank in on STAR WARS (1977).

By the way May 25th was exactly 30 years that STAR WARS was released.

History Channel just did a special on STAR WARS that was very good relating the movie to ancient mythology and archtypes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:46:03 PM by Scott » Logged

JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:11:50 PM »

HA! Another victim for Cosmos.  If you think this one was annoying you should check out Star Odyssey!

I have that movie.  I will watch it tonight!!

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:59 PM »

I got the retromedia two-pack featuring this and War of the Planets. I had previously seen War of the Robots, so I knew what I was going to see.  I really like the movies. It is better than most movies that come out these days. I have also seen Star Odyssey by the same guy. I actually liked that more. Marcello Giombinis music for these movies really make them better. I have heard that the director had made 5 sci-fi films in the seventies.I will try and seek those out.
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »

Are any of these included in the Mill's Creek 50 Movie packs?

I know there's some 70's Italian sci-fi in a couple of them but I get a bit confused with all the alternate titles.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 08:41:58 PM »

It's funny...if you showed that clip to any random buncha folks off  the street, how many would MAKE PLANS to see it? BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »

Are any of these included in the Mill's Creek 50 Movie packs?

I know there's some 70's Italian sci-fi in a couple of them but I get a bit confused with all the alternate titles.

They should be, I got all three in a 20-pack, though I previously had Star Odessey on a Japanese subtitled VHS labeled Captive Planet

JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »

I just noticed something, the music in this movie sounds pretty dang close to Demons 2.  Anyone else seen both and noticed this???

John

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:07:19 PM »

I previously had Star Odessey on a Japanese subtitled VHS labeled Captive Planet

Based on your best recollection how would you say that the Captive Planet version compares with Star Odyssey?  (For a quick overview of the major gaffs in the known PD versions of Star Odyssey see my review here.)

Scott,

Believe it or not the Star Wars knock-offs by Alfonso Brescia (Al Bradley) actually include two other titles not available on the budget labels, one of which has gratuitous nudity.  I beleive this is the order in which they wree released: BATTLE OF THE STARS, COSMOS: WAR OF THE PLANETS, WAR OF THE ROBOTS, STAR ODYSSEY (AKA: Captive Planet), and BEAST IN SPACE (A sci-fi version of Walerian Borowczyk's THE BEAST).

Someone really should do a box set for these.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Scott

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »

Those uncut versions might be more bareable.  Smile  I'll quote Indiana Jones regarding the uncut versions "Those things belong in a museum."

Thanks for the info Kester Pelagius.

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:46:31 AM »

I previously had Star Odessey on a Japanese subtitled VHS labeled Captive Planet

Based on your best recollection how would you say that the Captive Planet version compares with Star Odyssey?  (For a quick overview of the major gaffs in the known PD versions of Star Odyssey see my review here.)

I haven't watched the DVD ones, I was planning to hit all three (and compare the VHS vs. Star Odyssey versions) at the same time but they have been pushed back repeatedly.  I think it is because the first time I watched Captive Planet I had no idea what was going on (usually that only happens in Godfrey Ho movies!) and knew I needed time to sort the whole thing out.  Hopefully I will get to them sometime this year, but with Grad School making me more busy that might not be possible.

cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »

Shalom Kester, do you know of a source for Battle of the Stars?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cosmos: War of the Planets « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.