Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:39:44 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Post-apocalyptic ( maybe australian ) , probably 80s « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Post-apocalyptic ( maybe australian ) , probably 80s  (Read 42927 times)
z3n0mal4
New Visitor

« on: May 31, 2007, 12:03:12 PM »

Hello , i just entered this forum , seems full of nice information . I am searching for a movie ( actually 2 ) .

First it's the subject one , it gives the viewer a feeling of Mad Max series , but it's with some "storm troopers" from star wars . something like that , with some sort of bunkers in desert ( just a door outside , the rest is underground ) , i also remember that some males were looking for females that are not radiated ( those radiated u pull their hair and i breaks ) ... maybe u can point me in some directions .

( The other one i can think of is about a "green product" , some biscuits made of dead humans . u had to stay in line for a bag of water , and they were recycling humans to make food for the masses . Strange society )

If i remember more details i will post , but i've seen both quite some time ago ...

Thank you :)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »

The other one i can think of is about a "green product" , some biscuits made of dead humans . u had to stay in line for a bag of water , and they were recycling humans to make food for the masses . Strange society

That's Soylent Green, starring Charlton Heston.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »

First it's the subject one , it gives the viewer a feeling of Mad Max series , but it's with some "storm troopers" from star wars . something like that , with some sort of bunkers in desert ( just a door outside , the rest is underground ) , i also remember that some males were looking for females that are not radiated ( those radiated u pull their hair and i breaks ) ... maybe u can point me in some directions .

This reminds me of A Boy & His Dog.  Don Johnson travels a post-WW4 desert wasteland with his telepathic dog.  He secures the food, his dog finds the women.  They have spooks called Screamers that terrorize all and sundry, which sound like your Storm Troopers.  There is also a society of sterile "clowns" living underground (just a door on top).  I don't remember anything about breaking hair though...  Even if this isn't your title, it is definitely worth a viewing.  One of the best endings of all time!  I promise!  Wink

++josh;
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »

The second movie has definitely been identified as "Soylent Green."

Can you give any more information on the first?  When did you see it?  What was the desert like?  What sort of weapons were they using?  Were there vehicles?  What were the main characters like?  Pretty much anything to help pin down details.  Two movies jumped to mind, one is "Screamers" and the other is "Radioactive Dreams."

Screamers:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114367/

Radioactive Dreams:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/radiodreams/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
z3n0mal4
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »

screamers i know it .. its peter from robocop ;) , neither seems to be the other one , im looking for those uniform guys .

well i don't know if my memory images are accurate , i saw this movie somewhere in 95-97 ... but on a local post , and it was very bad quality . probably a old VHS .. which points me to 80s . and when i saw the movie i thought imediately of mad max , same outfit , same stunt effects . maybe ill go ask them :))

all i remember in exact form is those guys uniforms . they seemed something like the star wars troopers . damn i was too young to remember more ( like 10 or so ) .

and they were fighting , but i dont wanna say laser weapons because then i can fall under star wars influence and my memory could be bugged ... and then i begin to wonder if this movie exists or i have some bad memories of star wars ( tatooine - desert , underground home/bunker ) .. well ?!? im confusedddddd
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:05:12 PM »

Maybe Megaforce?

(I have no idea...just thought I'd throw that out there)
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 03:29:22 AM »

The first one sounds like A.P.E.X.

dean

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »

The only thing that I can think of off the top of my head that includes people who remind me of Star Wars folk is Masters Of The Universe.  The start scene is semi post-apocalyptic seeming [deserts and whatnot.]  The bad guys have lasers and look kind of like the Death Star gunner dudes [black pointy helmet type outfits]

Plus there's a scene in an underground looking lab which houses the KEY!!! Funkiest portal device ever.

Who would have thought 80s electro synth would be the best way to travel...

It checks some boxes in my mind: He-Man [Dolph] spends the entire film in as little as possible, which reminds me of some Mad Max style outfits, made in the 80s, Stormtrooper [although black] looking generic cannon fodder and lasers.  Plus again the starting scene ends with a semi assault on a lab which is under-ground, but has a large door for an entrance.

If not, this is a fun 80s movie.  So much entertainment!  So I IMPLORE you to watch it all the same!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
z3n0mal4
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:09:41 AM »

well guys thanks for the effort , but i'm beginning to believe more and more that is just a memory slip .
with the replies i got , i got to know some funny movies , which if i'll ever have the chance , i'll sure view them . it's too bad i'm from romania and i cannot find these movies here .. i'll try downloading them :(

thank u all again for the effort .

PS : nice board , i'll try helping others , though i have little knowledge of "not a block buster" movies . too bad
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

Tank Girl sounds like it could be a possibility.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

How about "The New Barbarians" for a match?  That does have the weird Templer guys running around in their white armor suits.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084424/

"APEX" is an interesting thought.  I have a review of that one pending and can see how it might match up.  However, it was a virus and not radiation killing the people.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
z3n0mal4
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »

tank girl surely not , and those barbarians seems quite nice . still i have no idea where to view these movies
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 03:32:29 AM »

How about "The New Barbarians" for a match?  That does have the weird Templer guys running around in their white armor suits.

"APEX" is an interesting thought.  I have a review of that one pending and can see how it might match up.  However, it was a virus and not radiation killing the people.

You're right, I've just checked some reviews for A.P.E.X. and it does say they're infected with a virus, I just seemed to recall that the people who where infected had some sort of device on that looked similar to the kind of devices that check for background radiation.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 07:01:09 AM »

You're right, I've just checked some reviews for A.P.E.X. and it does say they're infected with a virus, I just seemed to recall that the people who where infected had some sort of device on that looked similar to the kind of devices that check for background radiation.

Everyone had small blinking "bio-readers" that were green if they were healthy and red if they were infected.  I can see why you might have remembered them as being radiation detectors.  Perhaps this is the mystery film, as has been advanced?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kev
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 04:58:16 AM »

Zone 39?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Post-apocalyptic ( maybe australian ) , probably 80s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.