Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:51 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows that should be CANCELLED! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Shows that should be CANCELLED!  (Read 43080 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 06:10:34 PM »

Today's TV seems to be overloaded with little else but mindless trash that reflects the term "idiot box" pretty well IMO. There's far far too many reality TV shows, inane game shows and brutally unfunny but terribly offensive comedy series. Honestly it's come to the point where I hardly bother at all anymore with new series and instead watch the classics from yesteryear.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »

One other show that I THOUGHT was cancelled but should be is Americas Funniest Home Videos.  Does anyone even watch this show?  It's like Jackass for the G rated group.  Who wants to watch random people with kids and pets doing "wacky" stunts on video for money?

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »

I'll add to the dogpile on reality shows, one of the main reasons I don't watch much TV now. Certainly affected my decision to ditch cable.

Any "fat slob/hot wife with smartass kids" sitcom. Never was a good idea, most of them suck, and the trend is played out.

The various CSI, Medium and Law & Order spinoffs and clones. We get it copy what works, 'til it doesn't. At least Raines was a clever flip flop of the "talk to the dead" show, too bad it didn't stand a chance.

Celebrity/celebritante psuedo-entertainment news shows. Press releases, advertising and gossip dressed up as information. Also Pat O'Brian is annoying and a sleazy creep.

Judge/court shows except maybe Judge Joe Brown. The rest are awful and stupid. Judge Judy is an egomaniac who couldn't stop talking if her life depended on it.

The whole CW network. Do even stupid vain self-absorbed good-looking teenagers watch One Tree Hill? If only to say "I could be on that show!"

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »

2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps
x factor

cancelling isn't enough, they must not be repeated ever  in any part of the world

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

As for non cable networks,keep The Simpsons,King of the Hill,and MadTV.
Cancel everything else.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:49 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Let's go back in time several years. I have discovered the original Gunsmoke episodes on DVD. The half hour black and white shows are so much better than the color episodes that are rerun all the time.

Supposedly, Gunsmoke was cancelled several times, but the president of CBS would get upset about it. Finally the main cast said they wouldn't do the show anymore.

At least it should have been cancelled before it went to color.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 01:41:14 AM »

Any "fat slob/hot wife with smartass kids" sitcom. Never was a good idea, most of them suck, and the trend is played out.

Or so one would think,even though Life According To Jim has been on for how many seasons now? Lookingup
avenger the eagle
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »

I hate: Charm school on MTV, Tyra's show(honestly the woman is an egomaniac) wife swap, parental control, Super sweet sixteen, and according to Jim.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

"The Biggest Loser": Let's make a TV show about losing weight, so people that are looking to learn something about weight loss have to, , sit, , and watch the show, , , and what they learn , , is the 'quick results' type of weight loss that is LEAST likely to work long-term. I doubt many people that aren't overweight have interest in this show, but I could be wrong.

America's Top Model: Let's call this "skinny arrogant kids treating others like crap". I can't stand that show, such shallow, worthless people for the most part. I saw once there were 3 of the models toasting "Being young, rich, and sexy". So they were so shallow as to toast THEMSELVES for being young (as if they're the first peopel to ever be young), rich (so they are TOASTING their being 'lucky enough to be born to well-off parents), and sexy (something that also took little effort on their part). They should name the show "Women you will see on INTERVENTION in a decade or so when they realize the world only wants to exploit them while they are young and drops them like a rock once that goes, since there's no intelect, personality, or skill to replace it with"

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »

Hollyoaks, One Tree Hill, X Factor, Songs Of Praise, The Green Green Grass, Dancing On Ice, Big Brother, The Hills, Living On The Edge, Home & Away, Neighbours, Hotel Babylon, Last Choir Standing, Heartbeat, War At Home, Wire In The Blood, Catherine Tate Show, Rosemary & Tyme, Misomer Murders, Katy Brand's Big Ass Show.......

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »

My Sweet Sixteen on MTV.  I'm hoping they may have cancelled it by now. Disgustingly spoiled rich kids who go out of their way to suck many pennys out of their daddy's botomless pockets for their one "special" day where they can pretend to be celebrities with their snotty annoying friends. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »

Good one Darksider, I had blocked that one out. Every time I see that show, I get to a point where I think "Just one hand grenade in the right place, at the right time could do so much good for the world".
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:59:31 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »

One other show that I THOUGHT was cancelled but should be is Americas Funniest Home Videos.  Does anyone even watch this show?  It's like Jackass for the G rated group.  Who wants to watch random people with kids and pets doing "wacky" stunts on video for money?

How does that show stay on the air?  Especially now, with youtube being the home for stupid videos.  If there is any evidence that you can sell your soul to the devil for success, I think that might be the prime example. 

As for My Sweet Sixteen  I have only seen one episode because the kid was the son of my older brother's companies' senior partners (or something like that) It was the first time I was really opernly worried about the gerenations that will be growing up soon.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:08:26 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »

Laguna Beach
The Hills

ANYTHING WITH RICH SPOILT CALAFORNIANS IN !!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 08:10:27 AM »

Laguna Beach
The Hills

ANYTHING WITH RICH SPOILT CALAFORNIANS IN !!!

Then what will The Soup mock?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows that should be CANCELLED! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.