Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows that should be CANCELLED! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Shows that should be CANCELLED!  (Read 43069 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:36 AM »

My vote would be for probably 98 to 99% of television to be cancelled... all but a few shows are garbage at best, or probably harmful to people in some way in the long run, at worst.  I don't watch TV.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »

My vote would be for probably 98 to 99% of television to be cancelled... all but a few shows are garbage at best

It continues to surprise me how many crap series are on, especially since there aren't that many shows that I watch.  OTOH I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that I've actually seen an episode of "Desperate Housewives" :gag: yet have no idea who or what "Life of Riley" or "Demons" is.

I also find it disturbing that, while I've never watched the show, I immediately knew who "that Carson guy" was.  They used to air promos for that make-over show all over the dial and the hosts (?) seems to appear on all the talk shows.  If hatred has a name and a face it is "that Carson guy".    Lookingup

Seriously the hype some of these shows gets annoys me.  If I wanted to watch the show I'd already be watching the show.  I don't care how many millions of dollars you spend on promo ads if I don't want to watch the show all you're going to accomplish is to awaken the rabid rage monkey that lives in the dark corner of my soul.   Wink   TeddyR

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

Anything that has to do with losing weight as a competition.

Any competition that appears as if the contest is to see who is the skinniest bimbo b!tch on the planet (top model, cheerleader show).

Those shows where they take some dumpy, unmotivated teenager and try and transform them into a ballet dancer, rap artist, pro skater or something like that in 30 days.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 12:02:10 PM »

I only have one...American "F'ing" Idol!!!  Hatred

Last year a friend I hadn't seen in a long while went down to the local bar to catch up and play a little pool.  There was one of those cool jukeboxes that downloads songs off the internet (or something like that).  Well, we picked like $20 worth of songs between the two of us and started to play pool.

About five minutes later, the bartender walks up and says "How many songs do you have left because I've got to turn off the jukebox?".  We told her that we just started playing our $20 worth of music.  She says "American Idol is coming on and the rest of the people in the bar (five other people) want to watch it."  She turned the freakin' jukebox off after it had played three songs!

I've always hated American Idol but after this incident I loathe it with every ounce of my being.  I refuse to be in a room where it's playing on the TV.

Another thing that bugs me about it is its name.  I'm an American and I don't idolize any of the winners, contestants or judges that have ever been on the show.  Hell, I don't like pop music at all so why should I look up to somebody who karaoke's their way to the "top".

I myself am a musician and composer.  It infuriates me that some of us spend years and years perfecting their craft while others get away with writing and performing crappy music that we could write in our sleep...and they get idolized for it.  Oh yeah, and they get money too. Hatred

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

That new Caroline Quentine "comedy" on BBC 1.

Oh, yikes Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »

I only have one...American "F'ing" Idol!!!  Hatred

That show is still on?  Wow.  Yeah, cancel that sh!t.  Are people still watching that?  My friends all seemed entranced with Clay Akin (luckily I don't have TV), but I haven't heard a peep about it since.

Where I live, the local FOX station has to have at least one American Idol story in it each night. I'm so sick of that show and the lame news stories about it that I stopped watching anything on FOX entirely.

Other shows (and networks) I wish that were canceled:
Nancy Grace - This woman spends night after night whining about crap like it happen to her personally.
The O'Rielly Factor - Can we just lock Bill in a room with a set of speakers playing the words, "You're right!" over and over again while the rest of us can go on with our lives
Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network - Everytime you watch either of these, God kills a puppy. Think of the Puppies.
The Insider - What other show can dig up Anna Nicole's dead corpse for another story about her two years after she is dead like The Insider. If you want lame celeb news, then it's the show to watch, for the rest of us, it's crap.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »

Nancy Grace - This woman spends night after night whining about crap like it happen to her personally.

The inmates that work for me talk about her quite a bit. Not sure why, but for whatever their reason for watching, they don't seem to be complaining about her.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2009, 07:09:43 PM »

There's this show I stumbled across on one of the "educational" channels, I forget which, TLC or Discovery or The Travel Channel maybe, that seems to be a parody of the Man vs. Wild type shows.  Only it's Man vs. Food and is apparently about nothing more than some guy stuffing his fat face with obscene amounts of food.  I don't know how long it's been on but, having been subjected to even a few minutes of this disgrace, I'm adding it to the pile of shows that need to be cancelled.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »

There's this show I stumbled across on one of the "educational" channels, I forget which, TLC or Discovery or The Travel Channel maybe, that seems to be a parody of the Man vs. Wild type shows.  Only it's Man vs. Food and is apparently about nothing more than some guy stuffing his fat face with obscene amounts of food.  I don't know how long it's been on but, having been subjected to even a few minutes of this disgrace, I'm adding it to the pile of shows that need to be cancelled.

LOL I actually like that show ... then again I like to eat.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows that should be CANCELLED! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.