Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:26:55 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Highlander: The Source « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Highlander: The Source  (Read 4443 times)
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 01, 2007, 05:11:01 PM »

I toyed with titling this month's Foyeurism "THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY ONE," but changed my mind and simply decided to name it after the movie being mercilessly roasted. If ever a film deserved to be shredded by yours truly it would be HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE, the sequel that actually does the impossible by being worse than HIGHLANDER 2: THE QUICKENING. Hard to believe, but sadly true. And just like that one, this new one is set in a dystopian future, somewhere between that seen in CHILDREN OF MEN and AMERICAN CYBORG: STEEL WARRIOR.

This sequel has only been released on DVD in Russia (where I got my copy from) and the producers are telling people on the film's website to ignore this version because they actually believe that some re-edits and such will be able to salvage the film.

Think about that for a second... How many version of HIGHLANDER 2: THE QUICKENING came out afterwards to try and convince us that there really was a good movie in there? HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE is so bad there's already alternate cuts of the film in the works even before its official release!

I'd only just posted this one online late last night and I've already heard from three hardcore Highlander fans who have also seen the movie. One told me the first half hour (which was all he'd bothered to watch thus far) wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, calling it better than the last one - though not explaining to me why if it wasn't that bad they hadn't bothered to watch the whole thing. Another claimed I actually wasn't negative enough - hard to believe. The third thanked me for nailing exactly what he'd thought, agreeing with mad assesment that it contained no redeeming values whatsoever.

If you're a fan of the HIGHLANDER franchise this Foyeurism might prove depressing. Spoilers aplenty, but then how does one spoil a movie that doesn't even believe in the concept of details? The whole movie is built around them trying to find "The Source" of their powers in order to use its power to save the world without ever really giving you an explanation as to what "The Source" is (aside from being a matte painting) or how on earth they're going to use it to save the world. I'm not even a hardcore Highlander fan and even I find myself flabbergasted by how poorly the producers have handled this franchise.

Here's the link to my roasting. I think just the pics of the movie's villain should be enough to make you slap your foreheads.

JUNE FOYEURISM: HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 09:48:09 PM »

I only consider the first film as canon (which means no sequels).

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 04:12:50 PM »

Probably a good way to stay sane.

GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
Bill C.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:22 PM »

OMG.  Foy, man, how many fingers did you gnaw off trying not to mash the stop button on your remote while watching this?
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:50:47 AM »

I NEED to watch this!  hot  hot

C'on, the first "Highlander" wasn't that good. Take out Sean Connery and all you have is a silly MTV video about modern day swordsmen. I actually prefer the second part as it decides to embrace its own silliness. Plus I love blue tinted scenes. The third and fourth movies do suck big time, this I'll admit.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »

OMG.  Foy, man, how many fingers did you gnaw off trying not to mash the stop button on your remote while watching this?

I watched it three times for the review. My fingers are fine. My brain, not so much.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Highlander: The Source « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.