Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:03:26 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Fuzz « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Fuzz  (Read 5568 times)
Susan
« on: June 01, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »

Ok, venting here. Today I went to my folks for a quick lunch and driving out of their neighborhood there was an incident.

Residential street - speed limit 30. Car in front of me driving erratically and dropping speed to nearly 2mph and then up to 7 and down and then weaving to the right. So basically I thought it was an old person or someone who was lost and trying to find a house and not paying attention to the fact someone was behind them.

So i eased up so I could pass them, a car was parked on my left i was trying to get past so i could do this. They pulled over, i passed and then i heard an engine rev and i saw the car behing me gunning it. So my assumption was they were LOST and were using me as a compass to get out of the neighborhood (lots of winding turns and such). After the second street I saw flashing lights. Apparently this was an undercover cop car. Just my luck, so I sat perplexed wondering what i did?

Cop walks up, looking stern, partner in the car exiting and going god knows where.

"I pulled you over because your brakelight is out and you were driving too close". He leans over and looks at my registration sticker "Want to explain this?".

Uh yeah, since they put the sticky side on the front of the sticker i had to readjust it last year and it kinda goofed up the 6 but it still looks like a 6..just wobbly. No remark from him.

"let me see your licence and registration". He walks off.

I was stewing because he had some nerve to say i was riding too close to him. If he hadn't been driving like a crackhead geriatric i wouldn't have gotten so close. Meanwhile a second cop car pulls up next to his and then all the other cars driving around are slowing down to stare at the "situation that is unfolding". He comes back and says

"That plate around your licence plate...."
I had to think about what he meant and realized the one that said TOYOTA OF PLANO was what he was referring to
"...Is illegal. You can't have a frame"

"What?! Illegal? Since when?"
"It's the law"
"But i didn't even put that on my car. The dealership did. It's not obstructing any of the numbers on my plate"
"It's illegal"

Well IMO when they pass a law on vehicles, the department of motor vehicles or when they give you your registration should send something in the mail to notify you because everyone and their mama has one of these on the car. I just sighed, rolled my eyes and he said "drive safely" rather rudely and walked off. I've been pulled over and given tickets several times, but nothing this idiotic. I didn't get a ticket, he didn't warn me or say BOO to me. Cops hate me, they are never talkative or friendly or anything. I tried asking him a question as to which light was off and he was more interested in just leaving. I was actually more upset that i was late for work and i have to clock in...which meant i was going to have to work over today.

Why can't cops be more like....

Incidentally when I got home i put a bag of cat litter on the brake and walked around. After a swift kick the light came back on.

Could think of something else i would have rather given a swift kick to. Go bust some criminals for cryin out loud!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:01:51 PM by Susan » Logged
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 07:35:13 PM »

I feel you on this Susan.  I've not had too good of luck with the police in my life.

Once while in high school a bunch of friends and I were playing pool at a local bar/grill.  One of the group had to go home so I drove her home in my buddies brand new truck.  Big beefy V8, the kind of thing that's dangerous to guys.

Anyway, on the way back I stop at a stop sign.  There are some girls at a convenience store on the left of the stop sign and they're staring at me.  I rev up the engine, my buddy just had new exhaust installed, and the girls start cheering.  I decide to rev the truck up and let it go.  I'm there at the stop light, fishtailing a little bit and showing up for this group of girls.  Finally the truck catches traction and I'm out of the blue smoke in an instant.

A moment later there are blue lights behind me.  To the left of the stop sign was a large church.  Parked beside the church was a police officer.  He pulls me over and takes me to his car where we have a long discussion about how to drive and blah blah blah.  At this point another cop shows up and parks behind him, with his lights still blazing.

They take my information, social security number, etc.  They go off to the second cop's car and when the original cop returns, he asks me if I'm aware that there is a George Cook (my name) that is wanted in Raleigh for armed robbery.

I tell him no, I was not aware of that.  I then proceed to ask him what the hell that has to do with me since I live about 4-5 hours from Raleigh and rarely travel there.  He doesn't say anything for a moment, then tells me that they are running my ID and social to find out if I am the same person that's wanted for the robbery.

I am shocked stupid at this point and just sit there while he goes and talks to the other cop.  I don't know if he realizes that I can hear everything that he is saying over the police radio in his car.  I hear him speaking to the dispatcher back and forth while they indeed check to see if I am wanted for robbery.

Obviously, I'm not. 

Anyway, he ends up writing me a careless and reckless warning ticket.

So, a few months later (about 6 or so) the same group of friends and I are heading towards home.  Each of us are in our own cars, and we are on a long stretch of highway.  We all seem to decide at the same moment to start racing.  I'm in the last and I pass a couple of cars and catch up to my friend Mike.  He's driving his mother's old huge Lincoln and I fly past him.  At the exact same time as I do this, a cop is coming up to an intersection and sees me pass the car.

I have no idea the cop is there and I'm doing about 80 in a 45.

Apparently the cop gets behind me and follows me for a while.  After a mile or so the blue lights come on and I'm pulled to the side of the road.

Once again, it's the same damn cop from the first time, but he doesn't recognize me.  I go to his car, we go through the same thing - safe driving and all that.  He tells me that he could tell that I was racing with the other cars (but didn't decide to pull them....) and that I could have scared the old man in the Lincoln to death....

Anyway, once again I get a careless and reckless warning.  As I'm about to step out of his car, he asks me if he had pulled me a few months ago.  I tell him I don't recall and go back to my car.

I now find myself to be a much better driver, surprisingly because of the stupid things I used to do.  I have had two speeding tickets in my life, both within a two year period but I luckily had both dropped.  I now keep a radar detector/blocker in both of my cars.   Smile

I have yet to understand why so many cops show up though.  It seems like every time you see someone pulled over, there are at least 2 cop cars there.  Are they so bored that they have to help each other with the stops?  Is that where all of our tax money is going?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »

Gotta give you some karma on that, Susan.

I got pulled over this past weekend enroute to my college reunion.  I had some time to kill so I stopped off in Woodstock (the town).   I left and on the road out I passed a couple of cars and pull back into the right land (4 lane road).  Suddenly a cop shows up behind me (maybe I was going 5 mph over the speed limit) and the lights come on.  Pull over, license & registration, where was I coming from. 
Um, Toledo, (like it says on my license which is in your hand) oh, today -- Woodstock, the town.

Turns out there had been a disturbance at the local Harley dealer, which I had just passed, and my truck fit the description.  After a couple minutes she let me go.

Now, I'm 5'8", 155 lbs -- not exactly the type who goes around trying to start fights with bikers.

All the times I could have been in trouble if I had gotten pulled over while in college, here I get pulled over while 100% legal.
Susan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:58:31 PM »

All the times I could have been in trouble if I had gotten pulled over while in college, here I get pulled over while 100% legal.

Funny you mention that, i was just talking to a coworker about that very thing. Back in our "bad troublemaker" days i never got arrested, pulled over, anything and i was into all kinds of stuff.

Then i turn into a responsible, tax paying adult trying to work, be a lawful citizen and vote for someone who isn't a total maniac. And i get pulled over left and right for some of the most frivolous *&#$

If i had gotten a ticket i would have contested that one in the court. I almost wanted to shout as i drove off "thanks for keeping our city safe at night from people like me!"

screeeeech

lol
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:00:51 PM by Susan » Logged
dean

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 02:04:10 AM »

Strangely enough, I've yet to have overly annoying police officers deal with me.  Everytime I have gotten a fine I have been doing the wrong thing which is fair enough [even if it is extremely frustrating to me] Even just in everyday police shenanigans, the ones I have had have been fairly easy-going and calm: not complete a-holes like normal.   Maybe I've just had a good run [despite my three fines and demerit points almost getting to be too many etc] so go figure...

I even remember when I was younger, parked in a quiet place with the girlfriend, getting 'busted' by the police, not once but twice.  Either I'm lucky or it's just procedure, but all they did was drive right up to the car, turn their spotlight on the windows and drive away.  Kind of a 'hello, just letting you know we're here, now bugger off.'  Can't imagine having to explain that one if they wanted to take it further...

My problem is usually with snarky security guards but we all know how much of a pain they can be...

My friend, however, seems to have all the bad luck.  Since he's somewhat of a night-owl and spends a bit of time driving around at the wee hours of the night, he does get pulled over all the time.  Doesn't matter if he's not speeding etc [in fact he's quite a responsible driver.] but pretty much at least twice a week he gets pulled over with the usual 'what are you doing out here at night' type deal.  This has been going on for the better part of three years, poor guy.  Must be frustrating.

His twin brother however, is a hoon, and has been busted speeding quite often and lost his license twice in 24 hours.  But by far the best story involving him is about the modifications he did on his car.  He had installed a big sound-system, blue neons for under the car, speaker and microphone so that he can shout out to people on the street and flashing blue lights on the headlights [much like a police light essentially]. 

One day he was driving at an infamous 'hoon' street where by chance there happened to be a police blitz checking cars.  Off goes all the lights and whatnot, but right when he pulls up near the police, a song he loves comes on.  "This song is f$%^ing awesome" he shouts with glee and starts tapping his feet to the beat, until he accidentally knees the switch that turns everything on, right in front of the police.  Talk about bad timing!  Ah, great fun to rip into him about that one, the goose...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 03:07:41 AM »

Wow, Dean.  And people complain about American police?

I very seldom am pulled over.  I drive pretty reasonably, I use my turn signals, and I'm an unremarkable looking white guy, nearly bald, with rimless glasses.  I figure I just don't look like trouble.    I was more aware of police attention when I was  a practicing motorcyclist.  =)

For the most part, I have a lot of respect for the officers around here.  It's a crap job -- like being the umpire of the real world, I'd say -- and whenever I use that phrase they laugh.     Being a doctor can be kind of like that (being around people in a crisis/problem state), but at least most people are respectful of me and moreover they know I'm trying to help, in a direct way.   The more abstract idea of helping by creating more social order (by penalizing YOU) is harder for anyone to take.    Plus, almost no one ever takes a swing at me or tries a weapon on me.    Honestly I don't know how police officers can do it.

Not meant as a slam at you, though, Susan.  I know some officers are jerks.  My brothers say that at our old high school, there was a guy who liked to lurk in the school zone and pull you over for doing 26 in a 25 zone... just to warn you and let you go...   annoying powertripper.   Lookingup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 03:41:59 AM »

I get along with cops for the most part...Iv'e been arrested for public intoxication more than once (sleeping on the steps of the County Courthouse during GRAPE FESTIVAL is a high(?)point) but I recall an incident on Long Island years back...
  OK. Me, my pal Joey,his girl Aileen,and my girlfreind Nicki were parked at the beach at night,listening to some music. We we're drinking ozo,except Aileen...who didn't drink,and was the driver. Joey had to take a p**s,so he gets outta the car and walks down the beach a peice. A minute later,I hear a knocking on my side window...(I was in the backseat). A flashlight is in my face-I figger it's Joey goofing off,so's I give him the finger. BAD MOVE. The light lowers..I see a Badge. Next thing I know the pig jerks the door open grabs me by the hair,and starts beating my head against the side of the car! BAM!BAM!BAM! Sh!T F#CK! "You little basterd! Who the f**k you think your'e f**kin' with!?"-Cop
"What the,sh!t,man,..I.."
BAM!BAM!BAM!
  Finally,his partner jumps in and sez to me-"Empty your pockets." So I do. They ask us what the hell are we doing parked on the beach at night,and where are all the drugs(?). Aileen sez,"I'm driving,sir,but I don't drink. We were-"
 ' That's enuff. Get outta here and never come back. Excuse Officer______,he's going through a bad divorce."

I think some cops are closet Nazi's,and a badge gives them some kinda hard-on. Maybe they got pushed around in the lunch line at school too much.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Susan
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »

Zap - i have nothing against cops. In fact i've always respected their job because they don't get paid much and they are there, like teachers or the military for our benefit. It just seems like some of the men who end up becoming a cop are on some kind of power trip. They put on those stupid multi colored sunglasses and try to give you the tough look and talk. I also have a theory that some of those "machos" prefer pulling over women so they can assert that authority. I've had this happen twice where the cop stopped all of the cars in the road speeding and singled ME out and let the others go. And as friendly as i've tried to be with them they have been rude to me. I figure those particular guys go home and their wives are the ones who wear the pants in the family...sorta their way of working out that frustration
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »

I think that the worst encounter that I did not deserve was with a MA Trooper on the turnpike.  Driving my 69 Camaro home for some leave, I was doing 67 mph (if memory serves) and did not see the one sign that reduced the speed to 55.  Other cars were going faster than me, but I was pulled over.

The trooper seemed to lose his mind.  He ranted about me speeding, struck his fist against the side of the car, and threatened to impound the car for being too loud.  The funny thing was that I had just had the exhaust system put on and it had passed inspection.  He ranted and roared for a bit more, I sat waiting for him to finish, and eventually I left with my big ticket (speeding, noise, some other BS).  When I went to court, the judge looked at the receipts (for the exhaust) and registration I provided and tossed everything out except the speeding.  I paid that.

I did get pulled over for speeding in GA on a bs charge.  I was not speeding, because I had just passed the cop when I was going the other way.  He pulled me over and gave me somebody else's ticket.  I fought that one, made the cop look like an idiot in the court.  Along with quoting him (he was rather unprofessional and obviously trying to give me a ticket for out of state plates, but I'm military), I went back and took some pictures of his speed trap, with him not looking professional or operating the radar gun correctly.  Heck, I even showed that he could not get a clear line of sight to my car in the lane I was in.  I still lost.  Before I left, a retired Marine who was a lawyer came up to shake my hand and told me, "No matter what, you were not going to win that one."  and also said he got a hoot out of me giving the cop a red face.

If I'm doing something wrong and get ticketed, I pay the ticket.  If you want to see me fight, just be unfair to me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

When I lived in Louisiana I got pulled over one morning going to work by a state trooper. He said he couldn't prove it was me, but he could swear the car looked like mine. I told him I was not speeding, but he gave me a five minute tirade about the evils of speeding and still thought it was men he clocked.

I also got stopped in a little town called Delhi, LA  for speeding in a very obvious speed trap.  I'm tooling along at the edge of town just before the city limits ended and they had one sign that said  35 and less than two blocks up the street was the 55 sign.  I guess I started to speed up before I got past the 55 sign and got pulled over.  The cop writes out the ticket and tells me if I just mail in the fine they won't report it to the state and my car insurance company wouldn't know about it.

Talk about a racket!

The little township where I grew up now has a police force  and it was reported in the paper that 85% of their budget comes from traffic fines.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 03:14:20 PM »

I have had my problems with NYPD. I was going to join them and was a cadet (Program to pay for college) for awhile and quit. They have been sliding down for awhile now anyway and are very low payed. My mom works for them and she wanted me to join but now their having big problems and told me don't bother.

One time I was doing something wrong Peeing in public over in the Bowery by CBGB after having one too many drinks. The cop asked for me why I did it I told him I had no money to go into a restruant or bar to buy something than go to the bathroom. He asked me for my ID and he must of saw my PBA card  in my wallet(Given to people who have family members in NYPD) because he asked for it. Guess my story and that were good enough to  call his Serganet and he gave me a scolding how a PBA card is not "Get out of jail free card and shouldn't be flashing it". I was p**sed and told him the his officer ask for it and I didn't flash it. He said thats not the point and let me go.

I was doing something illegal don't get me wrong but don't start givening me crap over something that I didn't do.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Fuzz « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.