Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:19 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Post-apocolyptic w/android and man-eating plant? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post-apocolyptic w/android and man-eating plant?  (Read 8492 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 04, 2007, 03:28:46 AM »

This is sketchy.

All I remember is that there was and android and a man and woman wearing leather, black-and-white (maybe black-and-silver) outifts.  The android and was after the other two, in a desert setting.  At one point, the woman was attacked by some manner of man-eating plant.  Somehow or another, the woman got out and the android fell into the plant, which gave the man and woman time to get away.  Later, the plant had died from trying to eat the android and he got out of it.

The android looked just like a regular human.  I've got a feeling this was pre-Terminator, probably 70s.

Any ideas?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:31:43 AM »

Your description set off a huge flash in my brain, but I cannot remember the title yet.  Now I am interested in remembering the title.

ADDED:  Some of my memory is foggy, but I wanted to add that a (possibly false) memory is that the thing that eats the android might be not so much of a big plant, but a mass at ground level.  Also, this could be an episode from a series and not a film.  I seem to remember the android bursting up and out of the man-eating menace.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:51:41 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »

The specifics of the scene don't ring any bells with me, but the outfits make it sound like it could be an episode of the TV show based on the book/movie Logan's Run. Time frame is right as the TV series was late 70's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075527/

The sandman's outfits were black and silver IIRC.

Here's Michael York from the movie. If this helps. The TV Series starred Gregory Harrison, but the outfits were the same.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1085/10239_0001.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0074812&seq=14
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:59:31 AM by Puzzled » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:15:56 AM »

I almost have this remembered.  The thing is a starfish monster or something like that in the sand.  This might be an episode of "Star Trek."  I am so close to having the full memory pop out.

EDIT TO ADD:  "Buck Rogers" perhaps?  I can vividly remember the android/robot tearing its way out of the underground starfish monster.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:50:50 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »

I almost have this remembered.  The thing is a starfish monster or something like that in the sand.  This might be an episode of "Star Trek."  I am so close to having the full memory pop out.

EDIT TO ADD:  "Buck Rogers" perhaps?  I can vividly remember the android/robot tearing its way out of the underground starfish monster.

Logans Run the TV series did also have a human appearing robot, but none of the epsiodes synopsis on TV.com seem I've looked at (not all of them) list such an encounter, but most of them are pretty basic.

http://www.tv.com/logan-s-run/show/1275/episode_guide.html
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »

Yes ... YES!  It was kind of like a starfish.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »

"Buck Rogers" - "Unchained Woman" is the episode.  His costar is Jamie Lee Curtis!

Is this the scene?  (864K video file)

http://www.badmovies.org/multimedia/tvmovies/buck_unchained1.mpg

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »

YES!  THAT IS IT!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I've been wanting to see that for years and years.

The costumes I was thinking of, however, definitely were from the Logan's Run TV show.  Maybe Buck Rogers reruns came on right after Logan's Run reruns.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »

I'm glad that I could help.  Puzzled's input about "Logan's Run" the TV series has me interested in that now.

Isn't it funny how our minds will mix and mash stuff together?  However, when we see or hear exactly what happened again, the memory completely unlocks and we say, "Yeah!  That is exactly what happened!"  I felt that way a lot as my brain dredged up this memory.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Post-apocolyptic w/android and man-eating plant? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.