Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:32:10 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  There are two types of boys.. what type were you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: There are two types of boys.. what type were you?  (Read 19919 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:35 AM »

Heck I'm still collecting action figures now, the Marvel Legends and DC Direct stuff and I'm always on the lookout for original Star Wars figures, I had cars when I was younger, I've still got my Scalextric set and the majority of my Lego but things like that didn't interest me as much as the figures did, to the extent that when I did get Star Wars figures when I was younger I never got any vehicles for them as I didn't think they were of any use.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 05:47:01 AM »

Allhallowsday-Oops! Yeh...Kong and Godzilla...I forgot! The Forgotton Prisoner and the Witch wer'nt either. Or Jekyll and Hyde! I think the only one I did't have was the Bride of Frankenstien. No wonder I'm so messed up. I musta went through hundreds of tubes of airplane glue! We usta buy those paint by number kits(the ones with scary clowns and big eyed kittys) just for the paint!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »

Yep thats a small DarkSider on his Smurfmobile.

Ahh, how cute!   Smile

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 03:46:46 PM »

All of my friends were girls growing up.  So I played hopscotch, jumprope, cat's cradle. 

So, were you a little player back then, just friends, or were girls still "icky" and you had to wash your hands after playing wtih them for long periods of time?   Smile

BTM

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

but then again I had literally a thousand green army men. .

Oh, oh, forgot about those!  Loved Army as well!  The "real" dark green and tan ones, not the various knock version which broke too easily.  Mom didn't trust me with firecrackers, so, unlike most boys, I didn't blow mine up...

My brother had the train set. We use to set up the village with all the scale housing and back then there was this stuff called green slime in a can and I would have the town attacked by green slime just like in the film THE BLOB. The train station blob attack was my favorite with all the very tiny figures waiting for the train. If they only knew the blob was nearby.

HAHA!!  If I had had a train set, I'd probably would ahve been putting walls or other figures and letting the train crash into it!  Hehe.

[/quote]

I don't think kids do these things anymore.
[/quote]

Don't really know.. other my nieces and nephews, I don't hang around a lot of kids (I think the parents on my block have told them to stay away from our house...

Hey, don't look at me, I don't know WHERE that kid got the ligther, honest!

BTM

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »

We also played cops and robbers on our bikes, with six to eight chasing the one or two robbers.  You do not know all the places that a dirt bike can go until you are about ten or eleven.

I look back on childhood fondly.

Wow.. that must have been nice to have a lot those... uh... what you call them?  Uh.. "things" to play with... you know, other people who hang out with. 

For various reasons, most of my childhood was pretty solitary.

Hell, things haven't really changed that much in that respect, but that's another thread...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:57:51 PM by BTM » Logged

DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »

All of my friends were girls growing up.  So I played hopscotch, jumprope, cat's cradle.

So, were you a little player back then, just friends, or were girls still "icky" and you had to wash your hands after playing wtih them for long periods of time?   Smile

There was some doctor play to be sure, but it was all innocent curiosity.  Things haven't much changed.  All but one of my friends are female.  And believe it or not, all this feminine exposure has actually doomed my sex life.  I am forever fated to be the shoulder to cry on.  Damn my listening skills!  Bluesad  I feel like Orpheus sometimes.  (Because he visited Hades while he was alive, he could never properly die.)  Because I've been to "insider" hair/makeup/fondue parties, I can never be in a romantic relationship.  *sigh*  Haha.

++josh;
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »

I was into both as a kid. I loved Hot Wheels cars and loved to play smash-up derby with them. I even had those that showed damage when you crashed them together. Also loved those little cars that you ran on a track with a remote control. Still I'd have to say overall I preferred action figures, especially G.I. Joe and LJN wrestling figures. I had most of the A-Team figures too and numerous DC Super Powers figures. I could easily be swayed if I had more money to get back into collecting action figures as they seem far more detailed and impressive nowadays (although it's undeniably a nostalgia thing as the figures that most attract my attention are based on old classic movies or old-time wrestling from the 60s through to the 80s).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 09:18:11 AM »

I was both an action figure and model boy. Never really the "go outside and break my fragile joints" kid, as you could probably infer here Wink.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 09:59:33 AM »

I cannot count the number of times we hurt each other.  Another of our favorite activities was having dirt clod wars.  Once, we had a game that involved throwing old pieces of siding at each other.  They were a couple of feet long and flew like javelins.  I still have a small scar in my eyebrow from that.

We'll not even get into throwing walnuts at each other, with only garbage can lids as shields.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »

I was the kind of boy who was born female.    TeddyR

Trust me, that's the best kind of boy!

This is absolutely the truth, I've been married to a "tomboy" for 36 years and in my opinion they make great wives, at least Poogie has been for me.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

I cannot count the number of times we hurt each other.  Another of our favorite activities was having dirt clod wars.  Once, we had a game that involved throwing old pieces of siding at each other.  They were a couple of feet long and flew like javelins.  I still have a small scar in my eyebrow from that.

We'll not even get into throwing walnuts at each other, with only garbage can lids as shields.

Dirt clod wars rock.  In fact, they should be used to settle all minor legal disputes.  Want to sue someone because they ran over your toe?  Clod War!  Winner gets the money!

This is absolutely the truth, I've been married to a "tomboy" for 36 years and in my opinion they make great wives, at least Poogie has been for me.

At least you know the correct terminology........Mr. Snivelly once referred to me as "low maintenance", which immediately cost him an extended trip to the mall while I made a liar of him. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »

Dirt clods! Also,we would take green apples and sharpened sticks...and call them wicks. Put the small apple on the end of the stick...whooosh! Thos e suckers would fly...and hurt! Also have spear fights with the big reeds that grew near the swamp. The root ends were sharp and heavy with dirt...those hurt too.The migrant workers that lived up the road had a million kids...we used to have rock fights. REAL rock FIGHTS. This was serious sh!t to us little monsters!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »

Allhallowsday-Oops! Yeh...Kong and Godzilla...I forgot! The Forgotton Prisoner and the Witch wer'nt either. Or Jekyll and Hyde! I think the only one I did't have was the Bride of Frankenstien. No wonder I'm so messed up. I musta went through hundreds of tubes of airplane glue! We usta buy those paint by number kits(the ones with scary clowns and big eyed kittys) just for the paint!
  Missed your response here. 
Buying the paint by numbers set for color choices is true dedication to your project; I used to do stuff like that but forgot all about it.  Thumbup I did not have THE BRIDE either, and still don't!  Yes, I went back and collected many of the old monster models and the boxes (which I now recognize I'm more fond of, like any true collector.)   Time goes so quickly that all of those models are now packed away and the boxes stacked in the closet . . . back in the early 70s, I also had many Aurora snap together kits, and now still can't believe my Mom bought me the Prehistoric Cave store display . . . with the cardboard volcano!  Man, kids are stupid!  I let that disappear after only a little while, tossed out and unappreciated as the ephemeral treasure it was!  I had the cave for years, but it too, is now decades gone.  Bela, I applaud you yet again, and you too, BTM, for a good thread! 

PS.  I had most of the Aurora Monster Scenes, including the character VAMPIRELLA which is best described as Wow, and I have re-collected several of them unopened.  Now have two packed away from "DARK SHADOWS" MPC BARNABAS COLLINS builtups, plus a builtup WEREWOLF w/box and an unbuilt Barnabas in box, unbuilt Vampire Van, too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:35:44 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  There are two types of boys.. what type were you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.