Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:28 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Monster goes "Roar!" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monster goes "Roar!"  (Read 5344 times)
El Dogo
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 05, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »

This has been bugging me for a while.  I don't know if I saw this, hallucinated this, or read a really innacurate review that mentioned this.

I believe it was a sci-fi movie, I remember it taking place on another planet.  I think it was old enough to be in black and white, but I can't really remember if it was in black and white or color.

It featured this monster that was just some guy in a black body suit, with some really stupid makeup that made it look like he had a real bad case of zits.  Not exactly scary.  But the really stupid thing was the sound the monster made.  It was just the actor going "roar!"  Not a roaring sound, mind you.  He just yelled the word "roar."

So, anyone got any ideas?
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

Sounds like maybe FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE. It definitely features a "monster" consisting of a guy in a black leotard with a lumpy face that shouts "ROAR!" I believe MST3K got a hold of this one.

Here's an except from the Wikipedia entry:

Fire Maidens from Outer Space, released in the USA as Fire Maidens of Outer Space, is a 78-minute 1956 black-and-white science fiction feature film. It was a British "quota quickie", written, produced and directed by American filmmaker Cy Roth as a collaboration between Cy Roth Productions and Criterion Films, and distributed in the UK by Eros Films and in the USA by Topaz Film Co.. It has sometimes been cited by critics as one of the worst films ever made. The film starred Anthony Dexter as the lead astronaut, Susan Shaw as a "fire maiden" who befriends him, Paul Carpenter as the expedition captain, and Jacqueline Curtis as the "fire maiden" leader. There were 13 additional "fire maidens". The music score featured cues excerpted from the opera "Prince Igor" by Alexander Borodin.

Synopsis
The story involves the discovery of signs of life on the 13th moon of Jupiter (which, in real life, wasn't discovered until the late 1970s) and the sending of a crew of five British, chain-smoking male astronauts, armed with handguns, to investigate. On the moon, they discover a dying civilization composed entirely of women (save for a single middle-aged man, who claims to have fathered all sixteen women present) and the leader of the women determines to hold them captive to use as mates. A strange, humanoid creature, however, lurks outside the women's city's walls and, when it breaks into the city, is killed by the earthmen, as a result of which the women decide to let them return to earth. One of the women returns with them, and the astronauts promise to send spaceships back to rescue the rest.

Trivia
The film featured a creature (given no actual name in the film), a male hominid around six feet tall from Jupiter's 13th moon. Described in the movie as a "man with the head of a beast", the creature is slender, with dark, pitted skin and is impervious to bullets. The anonymous actor playing it wears dark, tight-fitting clothing with clearly-visible zippers.

In November 1992, Fire Maidens of Outer Space was featured as an episode of movie-mocking television show Mystery Science Theater 3000.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Monster goes "Roar!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.