Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:31:26 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Classic Songs That Need Retirement « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Classic Songs That Need Retirement  (Read 35066 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but I'd settle for "Distant Early Warning", "Xanadu", or even "New World Man" which used to get airplay years ago.

And where the hell do radio stations play "Michelle" much less overplay it? I like the song and rarely hear it on the radio. Then again I've known a few Michelles in my time I was fond of.

I could live with Kiss getting radioplay if they played some of their few songs I like: "COld Gin", Strutter", or "Loud" (I think that's the name).

Same goes for Aerosmith, I like about four songs by them, only one from the post-Run DMC comeback. Everything else from that era of their career can vanish from the airwaves for all time and make me happy. Especially "Ragdoll", "Dude Looks Like a Lady" and "Don't Want to Miss a Thing."

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:14 AM »

I disagree about the Led Zepplin choices, but I would argue we should preemptively stop The Black Eyed Peas from releasing any more singles, collectively and individually (Fergie). I'd also put an end to Creedence Clearwater Revival,  Def Leppard, Van Halen and all of Rush's stuff.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 01:21:34 AM »

Please, no more My Humps.  NO MORE!!! Brain... hurting... Must use...hammer...to... make it...stop.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »

Anything by Led Zepplin.  And this is not classic, but the whole Everclear playlist.  Egad, we get it...your childhood sucked, now get on with life and stops singing about it.
-Ed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:01:28 PM by Ed » Logged

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 08:33:47 PM »

Hmmmm no one mentioned Tom Petty yet eh?  Well let me add these...
American Girl
Refuge
Anything by Led Zepplin.  And this is not classic, but the whole Everclear playlist.  Egad, we get it...your childhood sucked, now get on with life and stops singing about it.
-Ed

Everclear...I curse the people responsible for bringing that band into the mainstream. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
MillionaireWaltz
New Visitor

Shameless Queen fangirl

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 09:46:31 PM »

Please, no more My Humps.  NO MORE!!! Brain... hurting... Must use...hammer...to... make it...stop.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly call My Humps classic.

Despite being a Queen fanatic, I'm rather sick of Bohemian Rhapsody. Really, Queen has so many songs to choose from! Why just play three or four of them? I've never heard Tie Your Mother Down on the radio at all, which sucks because it's such a cool song.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »

Eh, I wouldn't exactly call My Humps classic.

Having never seen your humps, I can't say whether they're classic or not either *rimshot*

heh heh  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Amontillado
Dedicated Viewer

John, you know Rosalynn.

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »

Despite being a Queen fanatic, I'm rather sick of Bohemian Rhapsody. Really, Queen has so many songs to choose from! Why just play three or four of them? I've never heard Tie Your Mother Down on the radio at all, which sucks because it's such a cool song.

I, too, am a huge Queen fan. I can agree with you that "Bohemian Rhapsody" is over played, I would rather say bye bye to "Killer Queen." It is true that Queen has a catalog of other songs that aren't "Rhapsody," "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions," "Under Pressure," or "Killer Queen." However, out of the lot, I think "KQ" is the weakest. I've actually heard "Tie Your Mother Down" on the radio. What I haven't heard is "Radio Ga Ga," which I think is a little ironic.

www.almostqueen.com
I saw these guys in January of '06. I'm not usually a fan of cover bands, but these guys were amazing! The singer sounded just like Freddie, and they played A LOT of stuff (including a ton of early album tracks along with a couple B-sides). If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. A friend of mine went to see Queen + Paul Rodgers in Jersey and said Almost Queen was 10x better. 

If I can build and install a pacemaker in this man\'s chest, I can damn well bouce a microwave off a satellite!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 02:17:13 AM »

My #1 choice for kill it ...

Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light Hatred

The classic rock station here plays that putrid song about 8 times a day ... I can never find the mute button fast enough. God I hate that song ... what it is about a hour long?

Heart - Magic Man .... once a years is enough thanks.
Elton John and Keke Dee - Don't go breakin' my Heart ... First, WTF is doing on a classic rock station. Second, never play it again.

And about any of those 80's big hair ballad songs.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »

I'm sitting at work today listening to an internet 80s channel and the ultimate "has to go" song comes on...I thought I read somewhere that the artist even hates it...

Don't Worry Be Happy  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Hatred

DarkSider's Realm

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »

I'm sitting at work today listening to an internet 80s channel and the ultimate "has to go" song comes on...I thought I read somewhere that the artist even hates it...

Don't Worry Be Happy  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Thumbdown  Hatred

It would seem the song is not working ...

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »

It would seem the song is not working ...
Indeed, its a bit of a reverse effect that song puts me in.  I get worried and unhappy. 

DarkSider's Realm

Pilgermann

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 07:19:43 AM »

American Pie should never, ever be played again.  Period. 

Same goes for Hotel California.

KARMA POINTS!

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »

Our House, ever since that Maxwell House commercial let people "sing" the chorus, I don't want to hear it again

The Madness has a lot of way better songs than "Our House".  "One Step Beyond" is probably my favorite ska song of all time.  "House of Fun" is another solid 80's ska/punk song.  I never understood the appeal of "Our House" since it really doesn't sound like most of their other stuff.

Kind of like "Drive" by The Cars.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »

NO MORE PINK FLOYD!

I agree! If I hear Another Brick in the Wall one more time I 'm driving by the radio station and heaving a brick at them.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Classic Songs That Need Retirement « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.