Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:42 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Stone Cold comes to DVD! God help us... :-D « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stone Cold comes to DVD! God help us... :-D  (Read 6585 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: June 07, 2007, 12:32:20 PM »

I have a soft spot for bad action movies, and "Stone Cold" (which stars Brian Bosworth and Lance Henriksen) is one of my faves. The film has been OOP for quite some time, but MGM is releasing it on DVD on June 12th! Rejoice Bosworth fans, and toss out your worn out VHS tapes and crappy DVD-Rs!  TeddyR

Also, I have to note that there is an amazing number of kung-fu films coming to DVD that week, and most of them hail from the "Bruce-sploitation" era of martial arts cinema. I have no idea if the quality of these releases is any good (probably not), but some of them sound quite enticing. ("My Name Called Bruce" and "Bruce vs. Bill" come to mind.  BounceGiggle)

To see what's new this week (and next) visit my Amazon DVD SHOP.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Lance Henriksen has become the John Carradine of our generation?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:45:21 PM »

You would think UNDEFEATABLE would be out by now, considering... well it should be. I also crave THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN or whatever that was Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Lance Henriksen has become the John Carradine of our generation?

Hmm.... I'm not really with you on that one. If I were to say that anyone was the "John Carradine" of our generation, I'd have to say that John Saxon would fit the bill better.  TeddyR

Undefeatable NEEDS to be on DVD. I saw the film's final kung-fu(?) fight on Youtube and was blown away. Whole lot of shirt-ripping and screaming going on, and the climax of the battle is just ridiculous! SEE YA! BounceGiggle

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:32:26 AM »

Now I'll be able to prove scientifically, beyond all shadow of doubt, that Joe Namath was better in CC & Company! BounceGiggle

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 12:14:33 AM »

I'd say Henriksen is the Cameron Mitchell of our time.

Gary Busey might be the closest thing to John Carradine these days, IMO. You never know where he'll turn up next, or how small or bizarre the part. Yet he still has a profile or name recognition greater than other actors of his age and stature who are still in bigger or more respectable films. Elliot Gould? Bruce Dern? Harry Dean Staton (never really a lead actor though while the others all were at one time)?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »

Is there a part in Stone Cold in which a guy's face or hand is stuck into a motorcycle's wheel spokes while it's running and it mangles him?

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:09:58 PM »

Today's Dwight Frye? Clint Howard?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »

Is there a part in Stone Cold in which a guy's face or hand is stuck into a motorcycle's wheel spokes while it's running and it mangles him?

Yup, the hand.
God Forgives
The BrotherHood Doesn't

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »

Everybody has a movie that they have to watch every time it's on TV, maybe not so much because they like it, but because some primal "car wreck" fascination makes us do so. For me it's Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man and the Car 54, Where Are You? movie with Buster Poindexter and Al Lewis. For my dad, it's Stone Cold. I'd get him the DVD, but again, it's one of those movies that only draws your attention when it pops up on your TV some Sunday afternoon, not when it's made available to you on a daily basis...

I might still pick it up though.  Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Stone Cold comes to DVD! God help us... :-D « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.