Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:37:12 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Do You Think of This Idea? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Do You Think of This Idea?  (Read 1779 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:07 PM »

I have a thing for writing screenplays, almost always screenplays for really stupid B-Movies (at least, they would be B-Movies if anyone actually thought making any of them into actual films was a good idea). And I mean, most of these are brutally stupid.

How's this for idiotic? When Snakes On A Plane was a big thing, I whipped up a quick script called Aliens On A Boat. But that seriously sucked long and hard, so I don't want to talk about my earlier works, especially THAT one.

I recently got an idea that I think is sort of cool. Here's the pitch:
Two slackers find a young woman lost in the woods, ranting about how "The Mantis" is coming for her. The two buddies let her hide out in their seaside trailer park. Of course, it turns out she isn't a normal young woman, because this "Mantis" character is most certainly after her.

You see, The Mantis is an ancient demon who is after this girl for whatever reason, I'd have to think of what a viscous hellbeast could possibly want with her. But it probably has something to do with the fact that she's actually a half-human elf-type creature. Of, and both her and The Mantis came from a underworld called "The Rift", and other inhabitants of this parallel universe enter are world as well. These include robot dinosaurs, cutlass-wielding aliens, and a Predator-looking critter protecting the elf girl.

I've got a title: The Rift. Now of course, with robot dinosaurs and two Tenacious D wannabes, there is no way this could take itself completely seriously. So what do you think? Should I go ahead with this project?

Hey, maybe I just came up with Interactive Bad Movie 3!

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:11:20 AM »

The most important thing about bad movie scripts is that they must accommodate bad movie resources (mostly budget, cast-size, effects).  Having it take place in the woods is a good start, if you live in a rural area, as you can probably get away without securing any shooting permits, etc.  Limiting the main players to 3 is also a good idea.  The mantis seems like it would be your biggest obstacle.  How are you with claymation?  Do you have any lumbering friends that would be good costume-monsters?  Be sure to write the monster scenes in such a way that you could make use of on-camera opticals, etc., and try to keep the mantis and humans separated as much as possible.  This way you can obscure your crappy-looking monster in shadow and such to much greater effect.  In short, by making the script as filmable as possible, the end result will likely be much closer to the mark.

But really, if you've got the friends and the camera, shoot it!  It can't be any worse than ManosTeddyR

++josh;
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »

Well, you see, I don't really intend to make a movie of this one; I was just going to write a script for fun and practise for when I actually do write a script I intend to make into a film. I was just wondering what you thought of the premise.

I'll keep your advice in mind if me and my buds do decide to make a movie of this, though.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

I have a thing for writing screenplays, almost always screenplays for really stupid B-Movies (at least, they would be B-Movies if anyone actually thought making any of them into actual films was a good idea). And I mean, most of these are brutally stupid.
Me too! Except I don't have the guts to admit it.

How's this for idiotic? When Snakes On A Plane was a big thing, I whipped up a quick script called Aliens On A Boat. But that seriously sucked long and hard, so I don't want to talk about my earlier works, especially THAT one.
Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssse????

I recently got an idea that I think is sort of cool. Here's the pitch:
Two slackers find a young woman lost in the woods, ranting about how "The Mantis" is coming for her. The two buddies let her hide out in their seaside trailer park. Of course, it turns out she isn't a normal young woman, because this "Mantis" character is most certainly after her.

You see, The Mantis is an ancient demon who is after this girl for whatever reason, I'd have to think of what a viscous hellbeast could possibly want with her. But it probably has something to do with the fact that she's actually a half-human elf-type creature. Of, and both her and The Mantis came from a underworld called "The Rift", and other inhabitants of this parallel universe enter are world as well. These include robot dinosaurs, cutlass-wielding aliens, and a Predator-looking critter protecting the elf girl
Good idea, but what happened to that thing with the demon in the woods?

I've got a title: The Rift. Now of course, with robot dinosaurs and two Tenacious D wannabes, there is no way this could take itself completely seriously. So what do you think? Should I go ahead with this project?
Yes. Smile Smile... Smile Smile Smile... TeddyR... Cheers

Hey, maybe I just came up with Interactive Bad Movie 3!
OMG just stoppit n00b! I workin az hard as I can to make nxt chapterz 1337!1 an you make 'nother one>?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Do You Think of This Idea? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.