Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:00:29 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Gymkata « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Gymkata  (Read 71158 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »

I remember the trailers of this...thing.
Even those memories make my mind freeze up.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Torgo

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 10:35:48 PM »

While I think it's great that they finally released Gymkata on DVD, I really wish that maybe Blue Underground or Synapse could have gotten their hands on it and done  a full special edition for it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:35:39 AM »

I agree, Torgo.

I like this film so much that I would have paid them for permission to do an audio commentary on it as a fan of it.   Drink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mikki
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »

Gymkata must hold the world record for longest ever time spent in slooooow-moootion. The escape from The Villiage Of The Crazies was in slow-mo for about 10min!!
Watched as a kid
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »

I remember watching this Movie, at the time it wasnt bad, yes chessy movie, but fun to watch,
I did not remember this movie untill I came to this web site, and looked at all the movies.
Thanks for reminding me of this one and others

Ice Pirates

Adv. of Buckaroo Banzai (Great show also - watched as a kid and liked this)

Bad Taste

Howard the Duck

and what about the Toxic Avenger movies (Chessy but great to watch)(Include those also Please or rate them)

I am sure there are others that I cant remember that are probally lost (No VHS or DVD's made) that we can never play again,

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 07:16:53 AM »

Just watched this film.....Hilarious!!  BounceGiggle

Intangible Skeleton
Dedicated Viewer

Rip your flesh.

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »

I just got this thing from a second hand shop recently. It's pure awesome all the way through.

cornholio_by_the_sea
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 11:49:48 PM »

:question:did anyone realize that this movie is based on an actual adventure that came out in paperback many, many years ago...I wish I could remember the title...something like "The Terrible Game"...the book was actually  quite good... Cheers

"Time is an illusion...lunchtime, doubly so...."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »

:question:did anyone realize that this movie is based on an actual adventure that came out in paperback many, many years ago...I wish I could remember the title...something like "The Terrible Game"...the book was actually  quite good... Cheers

I remember reading that somewhere, I think it might in the end credits.

Just watched this film.....Hilarious!!  BounceGiggle

This is one of those films that catch you by surprise.  The premise sounds ridiculous, and you think "it could never be as cheesy as it sounds.", but you watch it, and it does.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »

The book's called "The Terrible Game" and it's by Dan Tyler Moore.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 09:34:04 AM »

The first I'd ever heard of this movie was when I saw the review posted on this website. Just by pure dumb luck, one of my friends happened to own it. He didn't even know he owned it. We stumbled across it by accident, amongst a crap load of VHS movies his father had taped off the television years ago. Awesome.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Jeremy
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god!!! I saw this movie when I was like 7 years old, and I've been looking for it for AGES!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! Thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!
Phoebe E
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 04:45:17 AM »

My favorite part of this brilliantly awfull movie is where the unsuspecting extra gets mowed over by a horse . . . ON ACCIDENT!!!! I think it's about a third of the way through the movie, look closely at the scene where Jonathan and the other game participants are riding out of the city on horseback. One of the last guys on horses totally hits an extra and looks visibally startled and tries to help him out. Unfortunately the budget must have been tight or they were almost out of film because another guy on a horse kinda motions him to keep going and forget about the guy eating pavement. It really is quite amusing and worth looking for.
Ollie
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:33 AM »

Would be interested if anyone noticed the guy at the dock scene, wearing what looks strangely like a Christmas hat (when he's leaning on the rail in particular). I was too busy focusing on the other guy's handlebar tash to notice the first time  BounceGiggle

@Andrew - props for the site and keep up the work my man - you've kicked off a real obsession for bad movies in me (not sure whether I should thank you or curse you  TongueOut )
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »

@Andrew - props for the site and keep up the work my man - you've kicked off a real obsession for bad movies in me (not sure whether I should thank you or curse you  TongueOut )

Thank you, and what is wrong with loving movies for being entertaining (no matter how they manage to be entertaining)?  If "Gymkata" is on your list, then that is the start of a great list.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Gymkata « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.