Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  3 days of the Condor « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 days of the Condor  (Read 6971 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 10, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »

Along with "the hot rock" this makes two awesome Robert redford movies I've seen.  This is not a heist movie like "the hot rock" but a conspiracy theory government /CIA/ Nixon era paranoia about such things one.  Some of the themes of middle east intrigue being discovered carry to the present day.  As always, you have to put yourself in the pre-CSI mindset of very limited technology.  It's more historical than it probably intended to be.  But it's still very entertaining.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »

One of ther best spy thrillers of the 1970s.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »

One of the best movies of the 70s, IMO. Works as entertainment, but also touches on deeper more serious real world issues without hitting you over the head with it. The kind of movie where it pays to know something about what was (at the time "is") happening in the world.

And Max Von Sydow's character is much more frightening for his everyday world, outer drabness than the kind of over the top assassins and killers that populate many action flicks and thrillers these days. An unemotional, uninvolved professional willing to work for who pays, ideology never entering into it. I love the cat and mouse game of the elevator ride.

Seeing your topics on this and The Parallax View, have you tried some of the other similiar thrillers (political or not) of the 70s?

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three
Executive Action
Winter Kills
Scorpio
Twilight's Last Gleaming
The Killer Elite

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 05:42:33 AM »

Yaddo has some good suggestions there.  I bought the WINTER KILLS DVD about a year ago and I didn't like it very much.  Many people lovie it, so I'll have to give it another try.  TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING is a title I wish they would release on DVD.  It's a bit long, but still worth watching. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:44:22 AM »

BounceGiggle

This film's release in South Africa again depicted just how paranoid the then government of the day was: the Security Police found ads in local papers, placed anonymously and giving words like "Condor", "Control", "Assassination", "Spies" and a telephone number in Johannesburg, obviously the number of a subversive organization wanting to bring down the lilywhite govt. of the day.

Smile The number given on each of the ads was that of the film distribution offices that were marketing Three Days Of The CondorTeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »

I'll read that south africa a few more times and eventually I'll understand it.  Cheers

yaddo-  I have capricorn one and escape 2000 on my qeue
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  3 days of the Condor « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.