Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:41:12 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf Woman (1976) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Werewolf Woman (1976)  (Read 4877 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: June 10, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »

WEREWOLF WOMAN (1976) - This is one Italian B-movie masterpiece. Next to Lon Chaney Jr.'s WOLFMAN this has got to be the best werewolf film. A woman really turns into a werewolf with hair everywhere amongst other things. The lead female must have been literally insane while playing this part. I've never seen anything like it. Warning not for young viewers. A must see for werewolf fans. Mills Creek 50 Pack: Nightmare Worlds has an uncut version ! ! !

Thumbup Thumbup (8 out of 10 Stars) This film is insane. Highly recommended gem. 

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:08:29 PM by Scott » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:11:55 AM »

Scott, it looks like you're getting back in form and watching many movies simultaneously.  How many do you  plan on getting in this month.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:59:13 AM »

That sounds like it's worth picking up the 50 pack just for that movie.  I've been meaning to buy one of those for all those long, cold winter nights.  Might just have to get Nightmare Worlds  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »

Scott, it looks like you're getting back in form and watching many movies simultaneously.  How many do you  plan on getting in this month.
Yep, haven't been able to get to the computer much this week. Looking to view about 1 movie a day this month. Might be able to break my own record which is 29 films in one month. You never know. It's like a hitting streak in baseball. Would be neat to get 35 films in this month, but I'm not sure.

That sounds like it's worth picking up the 50 pack just for that movie.  I've been meaning to buy one of those for all those long, cold winter nights.  Might just have to get Nightmare Worlds  TeddyR
Jack, your quite right about WEREWOLF WOMAN being worth the entire cost of Mill Creeks 50 Pack: Nightmare World.  WEREWOLF WOMAN is worth the whole $22. There is also a Shiek Show 3 movie pack version for about $15.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »

Sounds super groovy...om my must see list!!! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »

Scott, you've definitely piqued my interest!  Just to confirm, the Mills Creek pack has the uncut version?  Running around 115 minutes?  Apparently its initial release was cut to as low as 70 minutes in some prints!  Yikes!

++josh;
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 06:58:53 PM »

I have this on my queue at netflix.

i read about this in this book i have called "eaten alive".  it's an interesting book except the authors seem to hold about 90% of the films in utter contempt.  and they give away the endings.  come to think of it, it's a bad book.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:22:34 PM »

i read about this in this book i have called "eaten alive".  it's an interesting book except the authors seem to hold about 90% of the films in utter contempt.  and they give away the endings.  come to think of it, it's a bad book.

Lester½JR:  I've been very happy with the Creation Cinema Collection books.  The first I picked up was Mikita Brottman's Meat Is Murder: An Illustrated Guide to Cannibal Culture.  It is very well-written and complete, even chronicling movies with isolated cannibal-esque moments (like Pink Flamingos for instance).  CCC has books on everything from girl gangs to freaks to psycho killers.  You might want to look into these as a replacement to Eaten Alive.

Cheers

++josh;
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »

Top of the Netflix queue this goes.  Smile

I like when Scott puts up the movie poster up when he reviews a movie. Usually thats a deal break for me.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

Wow . . . I've been holding off on this one.  I will certainly elevate it to a higher position on my "Mill Creek movies I need to watch" list.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 08:59:36 PM »

It's been years since I've caught this flick on VHS.

I think that it was a cut version as I remember it being quite short. I'll have to check this out to see the full uncut version.

I had seen the Shriek Show DVD at Best Buy a couple times, but never got around to picking it up. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »

I just checked on IMDb and I'm glad that I didn't pick up the Shriek Show DVD based on this.

Shriek Show's DVD release under the title "Werewolf Woman" is the uncut version, although an incorrect widescreen transfer results in the loss of some picture information on all sides of the screen, including some nudity.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scott

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »

Scott, you've definitely piqued my interest!  Just to confirm, the Mills Creek pack has the uncut version?  Running around 115 minutes?  Apparently its initial release was cut to as low as 70 minutes in some prints!  Yikes!

There's a reason this film may have been cut on it's initial release. Can't believe the uncut version is on the Mills Creek 50 Pack, but it certainly is. Affirmative DodgingGrunge Mills Creek does have the uncut version.

Burgomaster make it next on your list.

I just checked on IMDb and I'm glad that I didn't pick up the Shriek Show DVD based on this.

Shriek Show's DVD release under the title "Werewolf Woman" is the uncut version, although an incorrect widescreen transfer results in the loss of some picture information on all sides of the screen, including some nudity.

Torgo, I pretty sure Mills Creek version isn't widescreen, but I don't think they missed anything here. Get the 50 pack anyway, because there are other good films on the Nightmare Worlds edition.

Rich Andrini, hope you find it the B-Movie werewolf film of all time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 10:16:16 PM by Scott » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »

I saw this last night / this morning.  at 115 minutes it was a little long, but i liked the werewolf woman.  she did a good job being sexy and then being violent and werewolfey.  I think I would have liked it better if it took place in an old castle. 

her boyfriend  had an entire town (fake?)  outside his house .  he is a stuntman and he practices his stunts in this town he has.  Italian stuntmen must be paid very well
Scott

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »

Yep, it's a good one. WEREWOLF WOMAN is a gem.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Werewolf Woman (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.