Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:21 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Chosen Survivors, The Fly Collection, and Mystery on Monster Island DVDs! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chosen Survivors, The Fly Collection, and Mystery on Monster Island DVDs!  (Read 4945 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 22, 2007, 10:36:05 AM »

Jordan posted great news on his site.  Fox is releasing a small flood of b-movies to DVD on 11 September.  "Chosen Survivors" is one I have been waiting to get for a long time and now it is going to be on DVD!  Along with that is a collection of all three classic "Fly" movies and even the amazingly bad "Mystery on Monster Island" film that has sea monsters with road flares.

I so need to review "Chosen Survivors."  That film haunts my dreams, but I know the memories are going to be way off.

http://bmoviefilmvault.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1182443295

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

THE HOUSE ON SKULL MOUNTAIN is also mentioned as getting a release!

This is one of the strangest of the already strange subgenre of blaxploitation horror. It's sort of an all-black version of THE HAUNTING combined with TEN LITTLE INDIANS with some exploitable voodoo stuff thrown in because, well, the cast is black and it's the 70s. It's all set in an ancient castle on a spooky skull-shaped mountain (naturally) right in the middle of the outskirts of... Atlanta, Georgia! Maybe this is where Tim Burton got the idea for the old house in the suburbs in EDWARD SCISSORHANDS. Mike Evans, the guy who originally (and later) played Lionel on THE JEFFERSONS is one of the stars. Maybe he left THE JEFFERSONS for a while so he could make this movie.

Victor French is the token white, but I think he's supposed to be black, too.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:44:28 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »

. . . and even the amazingly bad "Mystery on Monster Island" film that has sea monsters with road flares.

Alas, not in time for my upcoming review of it.  It's great to hear that all these companies that have been sitting on their stockpiles of lesser films are finally making the fiscally responsible decision of releasing them to DVD.  Now if MGM will only get off it's lazy butt and release THE GREEN SLIME so people will stop berating me about it. . .

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »

Here's an imdb reviews that makes MYSTERY OF MONSTER ISLAND a must-see in my book!  Thumbup

The sea creature was a toy because i can tell from looking at it. The caterpillar is some train like robot. The dinosaurs are stuffed animals man. The Dino's didn't even walk proply, man. I couldn't even tell it was a dinosaur. The sea creature could have been better but he just looks like a man in a werewolf costume. The story is boring and the tribes are really weird. Don't watch this, this is just about people trapped in the island from stuffed animals and a tribe.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 06:07:48 AM »

CURSE of the FLY was a seriously underated little movie! I saw it years ago on TV,and loved it! It doesn't have the Fly-headed monster...but it does have lotsa mutations running rampant as a result of the matter-transmitter gone ape-sh1t! Good movie!

[youtube=425,350]
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Chosen Survivors, The Fly Collection, and Mystery on Monster Island DVDs! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.