Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:05 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movies REALLY scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: What movies REALLY scared you?  (Read 42346 times)
Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »

A Nightmare on Elm Street ( The whole this guy can get you even in your dreams schtick was very scary and when poor Tina saw him step out into the alleyway and then his arms extended it was creepy as all get out)

Poltergeist (everything from the soundtrack to the sound effects to the special effects made this one very scary for ol 'Kroo, the ethereal hand darting out of the TV was brilliant)

Night of the Living Dead (not scary per se but i still get left with a odd unnerved feeling after watching it.)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »

Jeepers Creepers freaked.me.out.  I don't remember another movie that has ever had me holding my breath.

Wrong Turn.  Man those inbreds are nasty!

The Ring.  When the girl cralws out of the telly.   Buggedout

Dawn of the Dead.  But zombies  movies in general have me clawing at the ceiling.  And I love them all dearly  TeddyR

Silent Hill.  All that fog combined with not really seeing what's up ahead until it's nearly too late.

In The Mouth of Madness.  I noticed this movie in my local dept store.  Sam Neill, John Carpenter directing, cheap price of $12.95.  I bought it on those strengths alone, having never seen it before.  LOVED it!

Also, The Others with Nicole Kidman.  Not really a fan of hers, but watched it at night by myself.  When the servants are walking up to the front door... I nearly wet myself with fright!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Susan
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8EVGHIg9e0

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

And finally, "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer". I haven't seent his movie in years but i still have been unable to shake the "feeling" it gave me from some of the scenes. There's just something shocking about true stories because you see how it happened to a regular person, something so horrid

Also I decided to pick the review of the movie vs scenes. Some of the scenes are too graphic - but i wanted to post this because I MISS the siskel and ebert team, as much as we used to make fun of them. And I love the rant about the MPAA..lol This movie got an "X" rating on it's release.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZIE4m3PXg
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:02:56 PM by Susan » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »

Henry. UGH! Classic film...scary as all HELL!!! Excellent choice. I felt scummy just watching it. I felt I needed to scrub my brain with Ajax after the home invasion scene!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Susan
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »

strangely it's one of those films that has just disappeared. Yet people get creeped out by Silence of the Lambs.

Whether or not there's truth to the actual story of Henry and to what extent, the fact remains that this movie is simply scary because it exposes the deviant nature of murderers and the wa they see women, or others, as inanimate objects. And it does so in a very, un-hollywood, realistic way. To me that makes it just one notch scary under the real thing
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »

I saw both Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Stephen King's IT when I was about 6.

Haven't been a fan of clowns since.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
telegonus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:52 AM »

I saw The Exorcist when it  was first released and it was very frightening to watch in a theater, especially one packed with people scared out of their wits. It worked like a charm in its day, doesn't hold up on television. Now I find it almost comical. That it's been parodied so much doesn't help.

From the same period, the crime thriller Klute had some scary scenes and an unsettling ambiance, and still does, even on television. It really captured a certain mood of big cities in America around the time it was made. The tension,--sexual, racial, you name it--was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It's all there in Klute.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »

Miss Congeniality probably scared me more than just about every film I've ever seen.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
ChaosTheory

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »

In The Mouth of Madness.  I noticed this movie in my local dept store.  Sam Neill, John Carpenter directing, cheap price of $12.95.  I bought it on those strengths alone, having never seen it before.  LOVED it!

Agreed!  Love this & it's spooky as hell!  Cheers

Candyman - I watched it late at night in my dorm room, not thinking I was scared, but then I went to brush my teeth in the communal bathroom and it was just me and a giant wall of mirrors ..... Buggedout

No Country For Old Men - not strictly horror but there's a scene where Josh Brolin's character has just realized that Sigur is able to track him and he dials the front desk in the hotel he's staying in, and you can hear the dial tone as well as the phone itself ringing in the other room - freaked me out in a big way

Nosferatu - speaks for itself

Zodiac - amazing how a movie that's 85% guys shifting through mail could be so
intense

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
venomx
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2011, 05:51:49 AM »

Only 2 movies that made me jump... because of the 'cheap jump scares'. Twirling

Dead Silence

Stay Alive
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »

The Others kinda creeped me out because it was, just, well, scared me then! Buggedout

yeah no.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2011, 05:28:56 AM »

I have not been scared by alot, but there is one film that scarred me . It's a short called Cutting Moments, have any of you seen it?

It's not a horror, but man is that messed up.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2022, 01:16:48 AM »

As a pre-teen, I remember being scared by The Boogyman (1980). The last film that scared me any was the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2022, 02:30:01 AM »

The Believers
The Hitcher Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout
Jannie Totsiens
Prince of Darkness
The Medusa Touch
The Sound of Music
Event Horizon
In The Mouth Of Madness
The Shadowed Mind
Race With The Devil (1975)

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2022, 12:51:27 PM »

To a lesser extent but still scary:

Baffled! (1972)
Ghostwatch
Horror Express
Stephen King's IT
Salem's Lot

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movies REALLY scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.