Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:46:44 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Highwaymen (2003) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Highwaymen (2003)  (Read 4358 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: June 16, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »

HIGHWAYMEN (2003) - A co-worker let me borrow this DVD and I'm surprised at how good it it because I have never heard of it. If you like DUEL (1971) and DEATHPROOF (2007) then you love this film. A husband and wife are staying at this motel and she goes across the street to a produce stand. When she comes back there is this menacing Cadillac El Dorado bearing down on her and runs her down as the husband watches from the motel balcony. Then we find the husband years later still trying to find the killer with a modified  Plymouth Barracuda equipped CB/Scanner. The killer we find out is missing legs and arms and needs a wheelchair when not in his car. He's a psycho who seeks out women to kill on the highways using his automobile as a weapon which leaves no finger print and no weapon at the scene of the crime. The madman is a real monster. This movie moves as fast at the vehicles they drive. You'll be glued to the screen. There is a real horror element to this one.

Thumbup Thumbup (8 out of 10 Stars) You won't be disappointed. Great cinematography also.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-EIZN4zgaic

soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:55:29 PM »

I have to agree totally, Scott.   Thumbup

I'd seen the video cover around a few times and it didn't look too promising, I didn't catch that it was the same guy who made THE HITCHER.  But then I caught it on tv and was thoroughly impressed.  Tight, no-nonsense storytelling.  Comparisons to road thrillers of the 70s like DUEL(and by proxy, DEATHPROOF)are very appropriate.

I was particularly fond of Colm Feore.  I really dig this guy in everything he's done(even PEARL HARBOR!), and c'mon!...a crippled madman is an exploitation wet-dream!

Plus who doesn't like to look at Rhona Mitra?(She was best damn thing about BEOWULF!)

ps.  One of the threads in the IMDb forum for the film is apparently the director Robert Harmon responding to questions..makes for an interesting read.

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:05:46 AM »

I remember seeing trailers for this in the theater and then it disappeared only to materialize later on as a straight to video film.  It sounds pretty cool.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Highwaymen (2003) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.