Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:08:14 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Son of the Beach.... « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you like "Son of the Beach"
Yes, I have seen it and liked it. - 7 (87.5%)
Yes, I would not watch again. - 0 (0%)
Is that Bay Watch??? - 0 (0%)
No, Have not seen it, but very curious. - 0 (0%)
No, I have not seen it and do not care to. - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Son of the Beach....  (Read 7916 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« on: June 04, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

I have Volume One, does anybody know if they came out with others???

I loved watching that show.

John

Since no one is replying, I figured I would add this poll.  To see if anyone had watched but were too ashamed to admit it.  I love the show, but dislike Howard Stern very much.  (He helped produce the show.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:43:23 PM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »

I remember catching episodes of the show back around 2000 or so when I first started watching FX.  It was decently funny, and a bit crude if I'm not mistaken.  Didn't realize it was on DVD.  Gonna have to put it in my netflix soon.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:51:16 AM »

My husband watched this religiously, and while it was crude it was a good mockery of shows like Baywatch.  The stories were ridiculous, and the main character was so pathetic he was funny.  I'd watch it again, but only one episode at a time because it would get old quickly if you overdid it.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:38:42 AM »

I could never watch a whole episode, there was absolutely no subtlety in the show. The ep with Par Morita and the macadamea nuts had me on the floor.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:27 AM »

I used to enjoy that show.  I usually don't like that crude over-the-top comedy, but that one really worked well for me.  Maybe it was that blond babe?  That German guy was hilarious, yelling at beachgoers "Achtung!  Mach schnell!"

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ratatosk
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 01:00:20 AM »

Fine show.  Definitely aimed at boys; a little too much snot for me.  But Mark Hamill as a cult leader, the Divine Rod, with magic mind control muffins?  An episode with Gilbert Godfrey and a character called “Osama Bin Laiden six months before 9-11?  The show had some wonderful moments.

I think there were three seasons.  I’ve got a boxed set somewhere.
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »

I saw an episode of this show one time that had a very funny moment on it.

The dumb big breasted blond chick was sitting on a park bench of some sort and was wondering to herself via inner monologue "I wonder what time it is.  I KNOW! I'LL LOOK AT MY WATCH!" She then proceeds to look at her wrist watch.

I can't remember the rest of the episode but that had me rolling in the floor I was laughing so hard.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:07 PM »

THe Stern connection and the hammer you over the head with the obvious punchlines style put me off.

I did like TIm Stack's show spoofing daytime talk shows, Nightstand. I could see buying that show on disk.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Son of the Beach.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.