Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:07:05 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Toy Father and Son Mouse Cartoon Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toy Father and Son Mouse Cartoon Movie  (Read 5452 times)
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 19, 2007, 02:08:28 PM »

This has been driving me nuts for a long time.  When I was a kid (probably early 90's), Nickelodeon had this feature length cartoon about a toy father and son mouse (that you had to wind up) who were holding hands and couldn't be separated.  (When you wound them up the father mouse would flip the son mouse over his head)

I forget how but they get lost in the woods (they were in a toy store originally).  They meet a bunch of weird forest animals and finally, they meet up with a badger or mole who could separate them but only if  they could chop down a tree that was outside his burrow.  It took them all winter but they managed to do it.  They get separated by the badger...

Then, for some reason, they end up in a riverbed and they're facing a can of dog food.  The label shows a creepy smiling dog holding a can of dog food with the same label on it.  The camera keeps pulling in to the next dog holding a can of dog food in the label.  It was really trippy because the scene went on for a good minute or so.  I guess the director wanted to show the audience what infinity was like or something.  Pretty heavy concept for a kid's movie.  (I know this sounds weird but that what I remember).

Does anyone have any idea what this movie could be?  I've tried all kinds of key words in google and IMDB to no avail.  Thanks.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »

Ugh, I can remember almost the whole movie except for the title!  The two mice toys were taken as slaves by a rat who made other toys work for him, the rat lived in a doll house that was somehow attached to a post on a train line.

I wish I could recall the name.....I remember this movie really creeped me out as a kid.  There was something really depressing and dark about the whole movie.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »

Wow!  I'm glad I'm not the only person who remembers this movie.  I've talked to many people about it over the years and nobody has a clue what I'm talking about.  This movie was very creepy.  Don't the toys kill the evil rat at the end or something.

But, that dog food can/infinity sequence is what sticks in my mind...I'd love to see it again as an adult and see if it still comes off as strange.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »

WOOT!!!!  I found it!  The movie is called The Mouse and His Child (1977)!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076416/

Wow!  I answered my own question...Cool, I guess.  Case Closed.  I hope it comes out on DVD!

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »

And...It's on youtube!  Enjoy!

Small | Large

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »

Wow, that was fast work.

I own a copy of this film; it was one of the hardest pieces to get, since it's out of print and never got put on a DVD. So now it's on Youtube? Wow.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Toy Father and Son Mouse Cartoon Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.