Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:04:07 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hey Compadres! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hey Compadres!  (Read 4752 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 19, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »

This is Chris, aka Chopper.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've sort of went off the deep end for a little while.  Both financially and emotionally I guess you could say HAHA!

After my hitch with the military I moved up to Seattle for a year.  I graduated from the Seattle Film Institute's full-time "immersion" program in December.  I'll try to be as fair as I can about my opinions of the school on the web, but if ANYONE has any questions or concerns about attending film please e-mail me!

So now I'm down in Texas, living with relatives to recoup from the massive debt I had to take out from attending film school! And other debt that has piled up at that. 

Has anyone ever rode the bus in San Antonio?  Now THAT is a bad movie right there!

I might be hired onto this film that's doing re-shoots here early next month.  Bad news is though they want PA's with vehicles, or at least that's the impression I got from talking to one of the film's producers on the phone yesterday.  So hopefully one my relatives can lend me something, or I'll have to wait for another shoot or just wait to work on stuff when I get to Austin, which is the plan for now at least.

Take care, I hope everyone is in good spirits.  Feel free to drop me a line or PM.

- Chris

"it's been a long time! I shouldn't have left you." - Rakim
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 05:45:50 PM »

Holy cow, it's Chopper!  Welcome back and saving on rent is always a great way to pay down your debts. 

I had a fun ride on a Greyhound one time from DE down to Camp Lejeune, NC.  Next to a huge woman who kept spilling over the handrest into my seat.  Not a lot of fun, there.  It was during the summer as I remember, so I would guess you had the same sort of trip, only hotter.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:06:06 PM »

Welcome back Chopper and good luck with film work! 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:36:11 PM »

Hey Chris, haven't talked to you in ages!  Good to have you back!

The last I heard, you had just started at the film school.  Hopefully everything from here on out will work out for you.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »

Great to hear from you Chopper!!!! Thumbup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

hey fellas! thanks for the warm welcome back. i'll try and post a little more, which shouldn't be a problem now that i'm technically unemployed (another long story).

i hear ya on the greyhound Andrew, but i was talking about the city bus here in SA. or as i like to endearingly call it - "the VIA limo." HAHA!

funny enough i witnessed a very similar incident on the VIA here in town. this one dude had one of those huge 7-11 cups full of tea, he was loosely holding onto it and in a deep sleep. he then went into such a deep sleep he dropped the cup and the tea spilled ALL over the floor of the bus and was just swooshing up and down the bus as we went over some hills. he looked like he really felt dumb!

yeah does anyone know where i can get some crack to sell to buy a car?  Lookingup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:43:10 AM »

Smile Welcome back Chris / Chopper, warm greetings from South Africa.

I will be attending film school next year at the ripe old age of 40.  TeddyR

Any advice that you can perhaps give me, other than that I should maybe get a face lift so the students don't think that I'm someone's dad or the janitor or heaven forbid, the guy giving the class?  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »

Thank you Trevor!

My best advice would be a few things: Make sure the film school has good access to equipment, make sure that whatever the program you get to practise the craft that you want to do.  Some programs are better known for cinematography, others directing and screenwriting.  Just make sure the program fits into your goals.  Make sure you have the money, loans can really kill you after school, especially considering you're going into film.  But there's work out there, you just have to dig, network, & put yourself out there.  Also go online and read about the school's reputation.  See what their average students are like, if they're known to get a long, anything like cliques or elitism at the school.

And don't feel bad, the director of our school didn't even get to shoot his first film until he was in his 40's.  Very few people make it while they're still in their 20's.  Best of luck and please let me know if I can be of any more help!  Smile

Smile Welcome back Chris / Chopper, warm greetings from South Africa.

I will be attending film school next year at the ripe old age of 40.  TeddyR

Any advice that you can perhaps give me, other than that I should maybe get a face lift so the students don't think that I'm someone's dad or the janitor or heaven forbid, the guy giving the class?  Buggedout
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:00:54 PM by Chopper » Logged
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

Great to hear from you Chopper!
Glad to see you back.   Smile

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:31:34 AM by Ash » Logged
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »

Welcome back, Chopper.

Never ridden the bus to San Antonio, but have ridden the bus between Seattle and Dallas/Fort Worth. Now that was an esperience.
Thank the Lord, I don't have to do that anymore.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Hey Compadres! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.