Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 06:00:16 PM
530139 Posts in 40010 Topics by 4998 Members
Latest Member: Kato44
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Order « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Order  (Read 2005 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 20, 2007, 06:03:37 PM »

anyone else out there a fan?

i haven't been able to put down Brotherhood lately.

i'm dying to get Low Life, the Perfect Kiss, Love Vigilante, lots of great stuff on that album.

Substance - disc 2 has also been in heavy rotation.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:24:52 PM »

Haven't heard the newer stuff, but New Order never gets old for me either.  I've liked all of the albums I've heard, and owned a few too.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:57:10 PM »

I was always more into Joy Division myself.  Haven't listened in a few years as I need to get a new needle for my turntable.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »

Right on Snivelly, i thought the Sirens Call was a pretty strong album, I didn't hear the album before that but nonetheless i still feel Sirens Call has a lot of strong tracks on it and is very diverse in it's influences, much like Technique.

Haven't heard the newer stuff, but New Order never gets old for me either.  I've liked all of the albums I've heard, and owned a few too.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »

i hear ya Raj. i guess i've always loved them both. Joy Division just popped out of this weird time for punk, all the anarchist - mohawk stuff was kinda fading away. JD really brought their personal stamp to the whole thing.

i don't know if it's just me but sometimes when i hear Ceremony i can feel the spirit of Ian in Bernard's voice.   Smile

I was always more into Joy Division myself.  Haven't listened in a few years as I need to get a new needle for my turntable.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 04:27:38 AM »

For my birthday last month we went karaoke-ing and to open proceedings I 'sang' [loose term here] Blue Monday.  Nothing like a one and a half minute intro to really kick things off.  I have video footage of it somewhere around, but I'll be damned if I post it. 

Great track, can't get enough of it, but haven't heard any of their new work recently, except if memory serves me correctly, the did the soundtrack to "Sunshine" which was really nice ambient music.

Must admit that whilst I'm a New Order fan, I haven't really heard anything barring the usual suspects [Bizzare Love Triangle etc etc]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Order « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.