Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:55:21 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies do you have that no one else has ever heard of? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: What movies do you have that no one else has ever heard of?  (Read 34942 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »

Most of the movies I own are pretty well-known, but I do have Monster From Green Hell and Red Idol.  Oh, and She-Gods Of Shark Reef.

I'm assuming this is the Guitar Wolf Red Idol Fishy? And please, please, please tell me all you can about She-Gods of Shark Reef! Heh heh. TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 08:28:43 AM »

Yes it is, thanks to our mutual friend Grendel72, and She-Gods is easily the dumbest dang thing I got for Squidmas last year.  It's just this oddly slow and unsatisfying romp on an island full of lovely maidens in sarongs who are being pressed into service as workers in, I guess, Dr. Evil's Factory Of Dark Secrets.  Not NEARLY enough sharks, gosh darn it.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »

That sucks. Well then, in the words of Hans Moleman, "Booooo-urns".

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=e_Z_UJh09h4
Good Moleman to you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:40:36 PM by tombofanubisdotcom » Logged

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »

Well, don't take that to mean I didn't like it.  You know my tastes, sir.  But I would never include it on Action Movie Nite.  Man, I c an't believe I haven't reviewed that at ye olde website yet.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Drew
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 11:18:27 PM »

Inyarear - i have been trying to figure out the name of the movie that you have the icon to. what is the title of it?
Drew
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 11:33:08 PM »

I just figured it out what you your icon is but reading your blog, the Great Land of the Small was a classic flim that i loved as a child. You helped me find it, thanks!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 01:04:48 AM »

I don't actually HAVE it, but I seem to be one of the very few on here who has actually seen NINJA BACHELOR PARTY.  One of the greatest bad movies I have ever seen.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
hellbilly
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

Next Of Kin (1982)

I just recently bought the R2 DVD. Seems like not too many people remember this New Zealand-made chiller. I even had to explain the plot/movie to Code Red when they were looking for suggestions for possible releases at another site two years ago  TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »

Two shot-and-released directly to VHS horrors from the 80s: BOARDING HOUSE and SCREAM DREAM.  BH is actually a laff riot and minor cult item (I may do a reader review some day).  SD not so much...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 08:20:31 PM »

DEVIL MASTER-aka DEMON LOVER-made right here in good old Michigan,by the genuis who gave us HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN,Donald Jackson.A Ted Nugent wannabe uses black magic to kill his buddies! And summons a demon too! And Gunnar Hansen has a bit part! And it's really badly acted! And dumb! And I love it! Thumbup

I have it on VHS in a glorious old, black plastic (oversized case).  My edition is called The Devil Master too.  It's hilarious.  In addition to Gunnar Hansen, there's a Frank Zappa lookalike who sticks out his tongue.  You just can't beat the '70s.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »

I have a quite a few films with Bernard Herrmann scores that have never been released on VHS or DVD like HANGOVER SQUARE, WHITE WITCH DOCTOR, A HATFUL OF RAIN, TWISTED NERVE, and THE NIGHT DIGGER that are lovingly recorded and traded amongst us Herrmannophiles.

I also have a bunch of bizarre stop motion animated films by the likes of Jan Svankmajer, Charlie Bowers, Jiri Trnka, and, my favorite, Ladislaw Starewicz. They used to show brief clips of Starewicz's films on the old USA Night Flight. If you ever watched that show and caught a clip of some bizarre b&w animated stuff involving puppets, frogs, and demons and thought "WHAT THE &@&# WAS THAT?!?" it was probably Starewicz.   TeddyR

That's pretty incredible.  I was a huge Night Flight fan.  I used to work with someone who was one of the producers for the show.  Have to sit him down some day and shake some stories out of him.  Twisted Nerve...is that a.k.a. Horror High?  I recall seeing it on our Tampa Bay horror host show Creature Feature with Dr. Paul Bearer either in the late '70s or early '80s...very gory for Saturday afternoon TV!!!  Like Horror Hospital, it's one of my all-time faves.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 06:21:39 AM »

DEVIL MASTER-aka DEMON LOVER-made right here in good old Michigan,by the genuis who gave us HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN,Donald Jackson.A Ted Nugent wannabe uses black magic to kill his buddies! And summons a demon too! And Gunnar Hansen has a bit part! And it's really badly acted! And dumb! And I love it! Thumbup

I have it on VHS in a glorious old, black plastic (oversized case).  My edition is called The Devil Master too.  It's hilarious.  In addition to Gunnar Hansen, there's a Frank Zappa lookalike who sticks out his tongue.  You just can't beat the '70s.

Mines in a plastic  big box too...it's got a generic picture on the cover of a skull with one eyeball in one of it's sockets that looks to have been inspired by the old TALES FROM the CRYPT film of the 70's. I had no clue about the movie I was buying!
 Oh...welcome!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
peter johnson

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

Re.  Most Obscure Films --
This is good because it ties in the Night Flight & Lobster Man From Mars references here --
     The most obscure/unknown/little-seen movies I own have to be The Firesign Theatre films "Nick Danger and The Case of The Missing Yolk", "Martian Space Party", and "Everything You Know is Wrong".  Night Flight used to almost incessantly play "Nick Danger/Yolk" every Saturday night around '91/'92, yet nobody seems to own it.  You can get boot DVD transfers of it, but my copy is proudly in a plastic VHS box from Pacifica that suggests "adjusting your VMP Player should tracking fail".  It seems to have been made orginally as a shot-on-videotape video in 1983.  It combines a film-noir detective story with a look at a dystopian future.  One character walks by in a "Rolling Stones Farewell Tour:  1999" T-shirt, which is hysterical on so many levels, considering how old "Nick" is!  If you remember a musical parody number making fun of fast food:  "Rat in A Box" -- which Night Flight would sometimes run on its own -- that was from this film.
     You should open your Lobster Man From Mars box & watch it, as parts of it are quite funny -- It's a cobbled-together mishmash from different films, ala "They Saved Hitler's Brain", wherein the film makers are using found footage from someone else's horror movie to do their own story of some film-exec-wannabes trying to convince Curtis to back their picture.  Phil Proctor, of The Firesign Theatre, plays one  of the people sucking up to Tony Curtis, and has some funny lines.
     "Martian Space Party" actually used to play as part of double-bills in the early '70's, and I remember people trying to describe it too me long before I'd even heard of The Firesign Theatre, however almost nobody has seen or heard of it today.  Mine is a VHS transfer from 35mm film made sometime when bootlegging was just getting started.  The film itself is like the comedy albumn of the same name from 1972:  Different scenes of live theatre randomly cut together & interspersed with shots of windup Godzilla toys & lit matches destroying minature sets.  I don't recommend it unless you're already familiar with their work, as it is extremely disjointed.
     "Everything You Know is Wrong"(1976) got little or no distribution, and never seemed to have had a commercial release.  It's about aliens, UFOs, Government Conspiracy, and just plain weirdness. You can get a modern copy of it, along with the other films I mention and more, at www.firesigntheatre.com or www.lodestone.com.
peter obscure/denny huh?

I have no idea what this means.
sleepyweas3l
New Visitor

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2008, 03:07:06 AM »

I have just been loaned "Cannibal the Musical".  I had never heard of it til now.  It apparently is Trey Parkers film school dropout project.  I have not finished it just yet but so far it is shaping up promising.  It is  a Troma distributed film and I am a lil surprised there is no review up on this site for it.  It was done I believe in 91 or 92, and features Matt Stone and "Sqeak" from Baseketball.  I have already heard a number of soon to be South Park Voices in it also. 

It's a schpdoinkle day!

No body expects the Spanish Inquisition!
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »

I have just been loaned "Cannibal the Musical".  I had never heard of it til now.  It apparently is Trey Parkers film school dropout project.  I have not finished it just yet but so far it is shaping up promising.  It is  a Troma distributed film and I am a lil surprised there is no review up on this site for it.  It was done I believe in 91 or 92, and features Matt Stone and "Sqeak" from Baseketball.  I have already heard a number of soon to be South Park Voices in it also. 

It's a schpdoinkle day!

They have a READER review on here about it.

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/cannibalm/

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies do you have that no one else has ever heard of? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.