Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:23:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Atomic Brain « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atomic Brain  (Read 28792 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:41 PM »

Brain transplant mania!  A wealthy old woman pays for a mad scientist's research in return for a promise that her brain will be moved to a comely young body.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeckoningChasm
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »

Oh GOD I hated this movie.  I thought it was sheer torture.  It took me a week to watch it.

I did manage to transcribe everything the Narrator said, though.  For about the first half of the film,  I thought he was the only one who would ever have any dialogue.
mrgb46
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »

Believe me,the only way to watch this movie is with MST3K..It's on one of their box sets.Can't remember which one,but they did a real good job at riffing,as always.I don't think I could watch this by itself...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »

I couldn't believe it, when I saw this film was made in 1964. It has the look of a film that was made during the '50's. One of the reasons I think the film looks older, than it actually is, is because brain transplant films were pretty much passe by the '60's.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

This one was actually pretty shocking and exploitative in many ways.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »

They used a similar corrugated tin reactor in The Amazing Transparent Man.

Atomic brain surgery is evidently bloodless, scarless, and instantaneously heals.

I didn't find the narration as nearly as entertaining as Andrew did.  Some of these old movies really bug me having this off screen voice explaining what you're watching.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:57:42 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Txxic
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »

This could have been a very good movie, espescially if the maid who 'had the same measurements as Marilyn Monroe' had been exploited more. My big problem with the movie is this.........

I know these movies are shot and made on shoestring budgets, but how much do you think it would have cost to FOCUS THE CAMERA??????
Earthbound_X
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »

Hahah! I never noticed that black X when I've watched the MST3K version.
Jay
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

Watching this as I type. An early thought was how wise is it to have your house equipped with a nuclear self destruct button no matter how monstrous your experiments are? Second, the accents these girls try, forget, and randomly change got to me. At least the Austrian girl gave up early and Nina had so few lines before becoming Cat-Nina but Bea went from American to English, back to mostly American, then ??Australian??... I was waiting for her to throw in click-talking at some point. Too bad Cat-Nina didn't take out her tongue instead of an eye.
RAY
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 03:28:21 AM »

haha! yeah...send the mexican chick in the basement.....
Tosh
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 01:24:04 AM »

Anita is pretty convincing as a cat. My poor tortie nearly jumped out of her fur when Anita started to growl.

Bad movie has GOOD sfx!
lostforawhile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  My wife and I just watched this on one of those bargain basement sets,  I laughed myself sick, some people take these moves too serious, they are SUPPOSED to be terrible. Whatever happened to mystery science theatre? nothing better then laughing at a really badly done B movie with a bowl of popcorn, it was terrible!! and hysterically funny. I knew as soon as he  created cat woman, there was going to be a fight between cat woman and man dog.  I would make another comment about why he created cat woman, but this is a family review. And yes 1960's tin fends off gamma rays, always has, or those B movie space explorers would have never made it to mars so many times.    
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »

I'm one of those guys who saw it on 'MST3K'.
It's such a boring movie. The occasional half nude girl is about the only reason to see it.
The music is so crappy it makes me chuckle every time.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »

An explosion of depression...Yes, that's my description, and I'm stickin' to it.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »

I*'d seen this flick back about 1974, on THE LATE NITE MOVIE, then ran across it in one of those Mill Creek compilations. It always reminded me of those horror fiction magazines they used to publish, like this

that were supposed to be scary, but were just sorta dark and cheaply gross; CAPE CANAVERAL MONSTERS and BLOODLUST fall into the same category.

They have their own charm.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Atomic Brain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.