Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:35:17 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Al Adamson!!!! « previous next »
Poll
Question: Favorite Al Adamson movies?
Psycho a Go Go (1965) - 0 (0%)
Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969) - 1 (11.1%)
Satan's Sadists (1969) - 2 (22.2%)
Five Bloody Graves (1970) - 1 (11.1%)
Horror of the Blood Monsters(1970) - 1 (11.1%)
Lash of Lust (1970) - 0 (0%)
Hell's Bloody Devils (1970) - 1 (11.1%)
the Female Bunch (1971) - 0 (0%)
Blood of Ghastly Horror (1972) - 0 (0%)
Angel's Wild Women (1972) - 0 (0%)
Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1972) - 1 (11.1%)
Brain of Blood (1972) - 0 (0%)
Mean Mother (1972) - 0 (0%)
the Naughty Stewardesses (1973) - 0 (0%)
Girls for Rent (1974) - 0 (0%)
the Dynamite Brothers (1974) - 0 (0%)
Blazing Stewardesses (1975) - 0 (0%)
Jessie's Girls (1975) - 0 (0%)
Black Heat (1976) - 0 (0%)
Uncle Tom's Cabin (1976) - 0 (0%)
Nurses for Sale (1976) - 0 (0%)
Bedroom Stewardesses (1977) - 0 (0%)
Black Samarai (1977) - 0 (0%)
Cinderella 2000 (1977) - 1 (11.1%)
Sunset Cove (1978) - 0 (0%)
Nurse Sherri (1978) - 1 (11.1%)
Death Dimension (1978) - 0 (0%)
Carnival Magic (1982) - 0 (0%)
Doctor Dracula (1982) - 0 (0%)
Lost (1984) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Adamson!!!!  (Read 6245 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 23, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »

What do Lon Chaney Jr.,Jim Kelly,the Ritz Bros.,Georgina Spelvin,Lazlo Kovocs,Kenneth Strickfadden, and Angelo Rossito have in common?
 They all,at one time or another,worked with Z budget legend AL ADAMSON!!!!
Al was one of the reasons this site exsits....he made some of the worst,most bizzre,incomprehensible ultra insane films of ALL time! I love Al's stuff! Read through the titles...I'm sure most of you have seen at least a few of his "classics"films. Horror,biker,blaxploitation.sexploitation,scifi,musicals,westerns-hell-sometimes all in one movie!!! He was,to say the least,simply AMAZING!!!

Al frequently employed great comic book artists,such as Gray Morrow,(below)
  to do his ads for his wild movie posters!

Trailer for Al's anti-classick,SATAN'S SADISTS!!!
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkZacYiGOQ   ...RIP Al.

Ok...what are your 3 favorite Al Adamson movies? For the record,mine are HORROR of the BLOOD MONSTERS,SATAN'S SADISTS and DRACULA vs FRANKENSTEIN.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

Thanks you for starting a thread on him! Iv eonly seen a few Adamson films, but what Ive seen, Ive liked. I voted for Horror of the Blood Monsters, Brain of Blood, and Dracula vs. Frankenstein. I own Doctor Dracula, but its not too great.  Horror of the Blood Monsters is my favorite of his. Even though he didnt really direct it, ( bought all the footage) it was still fun. I really want to see more Adamson films (like the shock-o-rama releases) especially Nurse Sherri and Death Dimension. Again, thanks for startin a thread on the very "unique" director.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »

Iv'e visted the site that you have posted on your threads...great site.!A good book about Al and his films is SHLOCK-O-RAMA: the FILMS of AL ADAMSON by David Konow. I bought a copy through an ad in a Psychotronic magazine a few years back...I'll bet it's available on Amazon or Ebay somewhere. Lotsa info on the films,interviews,pictures,and about his unfortunate demise that rivals anything in his movies. He was woking on a new project (the HAPPY HOBO) and was planning on making a comeback into movie making at he time.Sadly,it was not meant to be.RIP,AL. He was one of the Greats.

Independent International,Al and partner Sam Sherman's film company,also helped launch the American premiere of Paul Naschy's FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR,and the Blind Dead trilogy! Sam also worked for Jim Warren on interviews for FAMOUS MONSTERS and SCREEN THRILLS ILLUSTRATED,which is how he met Denver Dixon,an old star of b-westerns...and Al's dad! History was made!

By the way...Victor Adamson/Denver Dixon was also a filmaker of his own...and was considered one of the Worst western directors ever! Wow! Guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree! Here's a link...http://www.b-westerns.com/barrel.htm

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Al Adamson!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.