Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:40:07 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hannibal Lecter « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hannibal Lecter  (Read 5118 times)
crawlfan
New Visitor

"I'll show you what 'horror' means"

« on: June 28, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »

One of my favorite "good" movie series out there.

People seemed to flame any movie made after Silence of the Lambs, sadly, but I thought they were great.

Have an opinion?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 04:35:59 PM »

Definitely one of the most intriguing villains of all time.  I just wished they had kept the original ending from the book on HANNIBAL instead of changing it up.  HANNIBAL RISING was downright chilling.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 06:40:51 PM »

Anthony Hopkins is great, but does anyone else also like Brian Cox's more subdued performance in Manhunter?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:39:55 PM »

Anthony Hopkins is great, but does anyone else also like Brian Cox's more subdued performance in Manhunter?
Seems alot of people don't remember MANHUNTER based on Thomas Harris' "RED DRAGON" but I do, and fondly.  So fondly that I haven't seen the Ralph Fiennes thingy (but I suddenly realize with alarm that I really would like to see Anthony Hopkins reprise Hannibal Lecter!) 

That being said, Brian Cox was wonderful in MANHUNTER.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:20:42 AM »

I'm a big fan of Red Dragon.  I thought they did a really good job with it.  Edward Norton is pretty much great in any movie that he's in.  Plus, I like the dynamic that his character has with Lector.  You can see where Clarice made mistakes with Hannibal.  Will doesn't take any crap from Hannibal.  Ralph Fiennes is weird and creepy as the Tooth Fairy.

I don't know, Manhunter never really did anything for me.  It has too much of an '80's feeling to it, whereas Dragon and Lambs are kind of timeless.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hannibal Lecter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.