Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:56:30 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Silent Hill « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Silent Hill  (Read 12776 times)
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 07:39:16 AM »

(I have a 15 month old boy and I don't want him watching anything to intense). 

I don't have any kids so I'm curious.  When does one stop counting their child's age by months and uses  years?  (No sarcasm.  I really am curious.)  Thanks.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

You all have my curousity about this film SILENT HILL. Sounds like a good one. It's on my list.

fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 01:21:07 AM »

I think people usually start counting years at age 2. Personally I still like to hold up my fingers and say "this many" still. But some of my coworkers give me weird looks and then I crawl back into my cage.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 07:27:10 AM »

In the third video game they had a female lead character, but she wasn't looking for a kid.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:45 AM »

SILENT HILL - Just saw this creepy film last night. If it takes Hollywood to use a video game concept to make an original movie then so be it. The film also borders on other films and is like a mix between HELLRAISER and CARRIE, but the look and feel of the film mixed with this story make SILENT HILL a unique production. The to female leads seemed to be overly brave about going into this dark world. Both actresses were good and the casting department picked two interesting body time to play them. The cinematography (CGI?) were different. Still I don't care for dark shots especially dark CGI shot, but I guess that was part of the story. The town of Silent Hill, Virginia was a neat idea.

Thumbup Thumbup (7 out of 10 Stars) This might become a cult film because of the two females and the town.

Torgo

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »

In the third video game they had a female lead character, but she wasn't looking for a kid.

In the 3rd game you're actually the girl from the 1st game all grown up.  You're surrogate father is Harry Mason from the 1st game as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Neville

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »

I saw it on the theatre, and while I enjoyed certain things (some visuals, like the ash rain, Radha Mitchell's performance, the hospital scene, the production design, the epilogue) I felt it dragged and that the plot was poorly explained.

The people I bullied to watch this movie instead of something more arty still mention this movie when they want to get leverage on any conversation.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
BTM

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »

I have to agree with what a lot of people are saying, GREAT visuals, kickass effects and great job on the monsters, my favorite part is how the world would "shift" from one reality to another, going from old and gray to hellish, rusted and rotten.

I haven't played the first game but I did play (and finish) the second.  I do know some of the background story for the game, which they changed a lot for the movie. Among other things, the cult in the game was NOT a fundamentalist Christian group, they were Pagans, trying to create the birth (or rebirth) of an ancient god.  Granted, they probably changed the story to make it simpler for the audience...

What's really weird to me is there's no real reason given for the mother to go to Silent Hill, other than that's where her daughter (who's adopted) came from and she keeps having dreams about the place.  According to various synopsises of the film, supposedly the mom is taking her to a faith healer in hopes that she can cure her daughter of some disease, but this is NOT mentioned in the film at all. 

Interesting notes:

The little girl in Silent Hill (Jodelle Ferland) also played the ghost Mary in Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital (thought she looked familiar, so I looked it up on the imdb)

The nurses were played a group of dancers (they were needed to perform the various odd movements the creatures make.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 06:41:27 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 04:07:01 AM »

SILENT HILL - Just saw this creepy film last night. If it takes Hollywood to use a video game concept to make an original movie then so be it. The film also borders on other films and is like a mix between HELLRAISER and CARRIE, but the look and feel of the film mixed with this story make SILENT HILL a unique production. The to female leads seemed to be overly brave about going into this dark world. Both actresses were good and the casting department picked two interesting body time to play them. The cinematography (CGI?) were different. Still I don't care for dark shots especially dark CGI shot, but I guess that was part of the story. The town of Silent Hill, Virginia was a neat idea.

Thumbup Thumbup (7 out of 10 Stars) This might become a cult film because of the two females and the town.

Expect some ham and excess in the dialogue and you'll thoroughly enjoy this film.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 01:54:49 AM »

(I have a 15 month old boy and I don't want him watching anything to intense). 

I don't have any kids so I'm curious.  When does one stop counting their child's age by months and uses  years?  (No sarcasm.  I really am curious.)  Thanks.

I stopped counting months after about 18 months.  Then at 2 years old I said he was 2 and that kept up until about a month before each birthday and I'd say, he'll be 3 next month.

But everyone is different.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Silent Hill « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.