Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:42 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Transformer (2007): BEWARE « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Transformer (2007): BEWARE  (Read 31347 times)
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 02, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »

I got to watch the new Transformers a couple of nights ago, and I must say that it is atrocious.  Basically the Transformers themselves take a backseat to the annoying cast of human characters.  These folks are all horribly developed, annoying, and far too numerous.

The bots themselves are very impressive even though they hardly resemble their original designs (Optimus Prime is well made, though).  Their battles are stupendously bad, though.  Half of the time you can't tell what's happening, and it cuts to too many shots of the human characters scrambling around being dumb, and everything is so drawn out that it becomes boring.  Oh, and Starscream is basically non existant, and Megatron is in it for about 20 minutes.

This movie is full of rediculously bad jokes and gags, too.  Let me put it this way: Hot Rod fishing with Daniel is less silly than anything in this film.

If you like the Transformers at all, or if you feel like watching a decent action film, PLEASE do not see this!

dean

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »

I love the Transformers, and am seeing it tonight in the luxury of gold class cinemas [big recliners, booze and lots of relaxing!]

So in sum, bugger you, since I'm seeing it anyways.   But really, anyone with a lick of sense would have been warned off ages ago by that nice tag 'Directed by Michael Bay' so you knew what you were in for.  I'm just after giant robots kicking butt and taking names.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 05:27:16 AM »

I suspect that this will be nothing more than a 2 hour advertisement for transformers toys and other merchandising gimmicks . . . but I intend to see it anyway.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 07:27:56 AM »

I’m not doing that stupid, silly toy movie
Michael Bay

Who knew Michael Bay was a fan of ATTACK OF THE SUPER MONSTERS?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:01:36 AM »

I suspect that this will be nothing more than a 2 hour advertisement for transformers toys and other merchandising gimmicks . . . but I intend to see it anyway.

Isn't that what the cartoon was?

Yeah, I have reservations about this film as well.   In the trailer you have a guy saying "Bring It!"...Cheezy.  (I'm wary when they feature a character saying stupid dialog in the preview).  It's a Bay film so beware...

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:21 AM »

After seeing a TV spot for a car company that featured the Transformers from this movie, followed by a pitch for Transformers action figures I think I'll wait till this one's on cable.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 08:35:32 AM »

Their battles are stupendously bad, though.  Half of the time you can't tell what's happening, and it cuts to too many shots of the human characters scrambling around being dumb, and everything is so drawn out that it becomes boring. 

Typical Michael Bay.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

Hey!
Roger Ebert liked it!

He gave it 3 out of 4 stars.
Click the link below to read his review:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070701/REVIEWS/70620006/-1/email_headlines
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »

Wasn't that all the original cartoon (and most cartoons from the 80's anyway) were?   Wink

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 06:25:18 PM »

Hey!
Roger Ebert liked it!

He gave it 3 out of 4 stars.
Click the link below to read his review:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070701/REVIEWS/70620006/-1/email_headlines

glad to see Ebert has recovered from his medical problems to writing reviews again.

Even when I disagree with him, you can't say that he doesn't explain always in the best way possible why he feels a certain way about a film good or bad.

Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »

I just got back from seeing it. Standard Michael Bay fare. Shakey cameras, extreme close ups, and quick cuts. Everytime one of the robots would transform, the camera zoomed in so close you couldn't see anything. Most of the action scenes were like that. The musical score was awful as well. It's too bad, because the plot was actually pretty good, as were the characters. This movie would have been much better in the hands of a better directer. Like Steven Spielberg.
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »

I really, really, really, really, really, really can't stand Michael Bay.  I think that he really represents wholeheartedly what has been wrong with most modern cinema for quite some time. 

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 01:05:36 AM »

I just got back from seeing it. Standard Michael Bay fare. Shakey cameras, extreme close ups, and quick cuts. Everytime one of the robots would transform, the camera zoomed in so close you couldn't see anything. Most of the action scenes were like that.

Wow, I'm even considering not seeing this movie when it comes out on DVD now, let alone rolling the dice on a theatrical viewing. Maybe I'll buy a bootleg from my local Korean guy who seems to know exactly when I have nothing smaller than a twenty in my pocket... At least this way I can see it and have all right to complain about it while helping support the bootlegging industry and simultaneously taking money out of Michael Bay's pockets! Hmmmm....

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
dean

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:21:33 AM »

Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup

I don't see how you can't be entertained.  I'm used to the standard 'Michael Bay' style directing, close-ups shaky cameras and whatnot, but I really didn't expect any less.  I'm not bothered by it at all.

In sum, it was a great film.  I very much enjoyed it based on the fact that it was just plain fun.  Anyone thinking that it would be a classic piece of cinematic genius obviously is expecting more than meets the eye [hah I'm hilarious.]

Sure its an ad for the toys.  The original was made to sell products.  It says in plain bold letters at the start that this movie was made in conjunction with Hasbro.

Besides, anyone getting all angsty about how it's not as good as the original is taking some types of crazy pills, since the original movie and tv series was full of many more inconsistent plot points and moments than this new movie.

So far I'm in the minority here, but heck, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I expected giant robots causing havoc and I got it.  I don't need to get hung up on the smaller details.  I'm quite happy to wait for the Neon Genesis movie if I need a fix for an intelligent Giant Robot movie...

My only disappointment is the treatment of Jazz.  That plot point was kind of glossed over.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 07:21:03 AM »

You guys whine too much.  I'm going to see it because it looks like a good summer flick, you go in and forget your troubles for a couple of hours.

Bay is what he is, if don't like his stuff then avoid it like the plague .   I for one like the occasional no-brainer shoot'em up. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Transformer (2007): BEWARE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.