Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:10:51 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Transformer (2007): BEWARE « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Transformer (2007): BEWARE  (Read 31331 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

First Michael Bay movie for me, and last. Boy, do I agree with the author of this thread.
Humor is juvenile. The screenplay is pathetic. I wasn't thrilled with any of the action. I got bored with the battling CGI robots real fast. I probably spent more time looking at my watch than what was up on the screen. Michael Bay is a wretched film maker. He lacks class and style. This movie is for people with a short attention span.  It's like watching a XBox video game. This movie is for people who loved ID4 and Godzilla (1998)

A real, genuine, popcorn action movie would be a little movie that goes by the name of Raiders of the Lost Ark

You're just hopin' for a Micronauts movie, aren't ya?
Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 01:19:48 AM »

My reaction: meh.

Saw it Monday night and I've already forgotten a good two-thirds of what I saw. Most of its now a blur. I seem to remember being pretty entertained up until about the point the Autobots turned into the Three Stooges in the kid's backyard and John Torturro's wacky underwear appeared on the screen. It seemed to fall apart about that moment and never won me back - not even with all the indecipherable action sequences in the third act. I seriously do not understand the people praising the action scenes because I couldn't tell what the hell was going on most of the time during the finale. This was also not the movie to have to sit front row second seat from the righthand aisle.

I also challenge anyone to justify the inclusion of the hot blonde computer girl and Anthony Anderson.

Giant robots tear up downtown Los Angeles, no shortage of witnesses, and in the end the goverment covers up the whole thing. Say what?

I was never into the toys or the cartoon as a kid so the prospect of a live action film neither set my heart racing or made me scream about how they were going to rape my childhood. My inner child is still playing with Masters of the Universe and Godzilla toys and has come to accept those two have already been made into s**tty Hollywood movies. To me TRANSFORMERS is basically the second coming of ID4 except I didn't despise this movie like I did ID4. Just another big dumb loud orgy of computer effects wrapped around stupid jokes, weak characters, and a bad script. In other words, pretty much like every other blockbuster thus far this summer.

The most morbidly fascinating aspect of TRANSFORMERS to me has been the level of madness this movie had induced. Thirty-year olds screaming bloody murder about how Hollywood was going to destroy their favorite childhood toy has now given way to people getting furious at anyone that didn't love the movie to the degree they did.

I'm already sick of having people spooging over Transformers resorting to some variation of:

What did you expect?
It's a summer blockbuster so it's suppose to be dumb!
It's just a movie based on a toyline!
You just wanted to hate it!
You don't have any inner child!
You're too old to appreciate it!
Go watch an art film!
Get over yourself!

And so forth to attack anyone that didn't think this movie was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Go to Rotten Tomatoes and look at the review comments for any negative review and read the critic getting flamed. Heck, the critic at IGN FilmForce actually gave the movie a 3.5 out of 5, saying he enjoyed it but it had flaws, and people are flaming him because he didn't give it a higher rating. They're attacking a guy because his good review wasn't good enough? I'm beginning to think the hardcore "Transfans" who had been hating on everything leading up to this movie are actually more emotionally balanced than some of the fans of this movie who have taken to treating everyone that didn't love it an enemy that needs to be crushed.

I'm definitely thinking some psychologists need to have a look at this phenomenom to figure out what it is about Transformers (the toys, the cartoons, the new movie) that seems drive people to madness.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 03:10:46 AM »

I think it's some sort of primeval love of giant robots Foywonder. The Japanese openly show their love of giant robots in cinema with TV shows, movies, comic books, and toys. Here in the US, the only homegrown giant bots we have are the Transformers. Maybe people see it as an American institution. Or.... subliminal advertising could be the culprit.

As for the hot-blonde computer tech and Anthony Anderson.... I can't justify them. Sorry.   TeddyR

SPOILER

Did anyone bother staying long enough to watch Starscream beat a hasty retreat out of Earth's atmosphere? They should've followed that up with a big yellow road sign saying "WARNING: SEQUEL AHEAD! APPROACH WITH CAUTION!"  BounceGiggle Am I the only one that would welcome a sequel?  Question

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 07:05:12 AM »

definetly wasnt the best flick ive ever seen, but i went in not expecting much and i came out pretty satisfied. i mean its transformers for christ sakes, i think they did a pretty decent job if you ask me.
Acroyear
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 01:44:35 AM »

[/quote]

You're just hopin' for a Micronauts movie, aren't ya?
[/quote]

Well.. Micronauts are the American equivalent of Japan's Microman. And Microman gave way to MicroChange. American version of MicroChange is Transformers. So in a roundabout way this a "Micronauts" movie..
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 01:50:43 AM »

I knew that would jar loose some geekily obscure chain of analysis.... thanks.   TeddyR
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 05:50:22 AM »

This is definitely not a great movie, but I enjoyed it for what it was: an expensive, noisy, fast-paced piece of summer escapist entertainment.  The best scenes are the ones with Bernie Mac and John Turturro.  I think the movies biggest problem is that it's not sure which audience it is aimed at (very young children, sci-fi fans, action movie fans, the teen crowd, etc.) and it does not completely satisfy any of them.  I did not love it and I did not hate it.  But I thought it was worth the price of admission.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007, 09:05:21 AM »

Saw it with my 22 year old daughter yesterday and we both liked it for what it was.  The real tell for the movie was the little girl sitting in the row below us. She was laughing out loud during the funny parts, especially when the Autobots were trying there best to hide in Sam's backyard.

Regardless of the dissing it's taking here, the movie will make tons of money and in a couple of years you'll be seeing the sequel coming out.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »

Saw it with my 22 year old daughter yesterday and we both liked it for what it was.  The real tell for the movie was the little girl sitting in the row below us. She was laughing out loud during the funny parts, especially when the Autobots were trying there best to hide in Sam's backyard.

Regardless of the dissing it's taking here, the movie will make tons of money and in a couple of years you'll be seeing the sequel coming out.

The action scenes were very weak. Too many quick cuts, to many extreme close ups and too much shakey camera stuff. You couldn't tell what was going on most of the time.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »

I saw it this afternoon and found it to be pretty enjoyable.  It was big dumb and loud, but it was fun.  Definitely better than Deanzilla and more original than ID4.

My favorite line was when one of the "asteroid" observers claimed that "this is way better than ARMAGHEDDON".  Hell yeah!  Best Michael Bay movie since THE ROCK (and I normally hate Michael Bay).
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007, 07:58:06 PM »

The action scenes were very weak. Too many quick cuts, to many extreme close ups and too much shakey camera stuff. You couldn't tell what was going on most of the time.

I heard the same complaint about Batman Begins, but you know it doesn't bother me, in fact it kinda makes you feel like you're in on the action.

It's called different strokes for different folks.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 10:30:38 PM »

Here's a cool fan-made transformers movie:

Small | Large
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »

Here's some cool transformer costumes

Small | Large

Small | Large
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 07:50:32 AM »

I saw Transformers yesterday and it was pretty good!

I had to go by myself because a friend who had agreed to go bailed out on me at the last minute.
The theater was packed.

There were a few things that annoyed me..
One was that sun-saturated look Michael Bay uses in all of his movies.
The orchestral score was too much like The Rock.

Everybody in this film obviously spent a lot of time in spray-on tan booths.
Other than Jon Voight, everybody in it had a fabulous tan. 

And the casting of John Turturro. 
What idiot thought he was a good choice to play the leader of Sector 7?   Lookingup

And the soldiers never wear their helmets!
In countless scenes, there was debris and rocks flying everywhere and the soldiers never once get hit in the head.

Other than those minor gripes, the movie was very good.
I thought the scenes where Bumblebee starts playing music to help Sam get the girl were great.
Also, the scenes where the Autobots are outside Sam's house trying to be quiet were hilarious.
I never thought I'd see Optimus Prime step on a stone fountain and say, "My bad!"   TeddyR

For me, the best thing about the whole film was Peter Cullen's voice as Optimus.
Prime was my favorite character in the entire movie.

All in all, I had a good time and will probably pick this up on DVD when it's released.
I give it 3.5 out of 4 stars.   Thumbup

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:03:02 PM by Ash » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 08:00:03 AM »

Here's a cool fan-made transformers movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TYzRanykbQ

Holy crap... that was awesome. "I may not be a spaceship. I may not be a film star. But, I believe in myself."  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Transformer (2007): BEWARE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.