Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:45:50 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  KELLY'S HEROES 1970 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KELLY'S HEROES 1970  (Read 10703 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

An annoying uncle of mine got me to watch this once and I was hooked, a great over the top caper film. I too have too many quotes from this floating around in my head. The older I get the more I relate to Big Joe. Great cast of big names and familiar character actors having a ball.

Pointless story, before I went to a day shift job, the head of another department at work had a dry erase board in "The War Room" filled with rallying messages and slogans when his department was going through a rough time, mostly due to his incompetence. One of them was "'No negative vibes.' - Donald Sutherland" I took to pointing out to people in his department that he had the line wrong and that he was using a line from a character named Oddball who might be insane (certainly an opportunist and possibly a deserter) to "inspire the troops". After a few months the quote got corrected. Most of the men knew the line already, the women didn't, not their kind of flick I guess.

I have threatened to make my best friend's wife watch this one to make up for all the chick flicks she makes him watch. It's a guy's flick and there ain't nobody pretty looking for her to gaze at, no Brad Pitt or Olando Bloom types in this film.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 07:49:52 AM »

Personally, I adore this movie. I love how it goes out of its way to be as accurate as possible about the German vehicles when other, more serious war films of the time such as Battle of the Bulge and Patton just slapped German insignia on American tanks and such. I also liked that they had the German characters actually speak German (real German, too, since my sister, who understands the language, was able to translate it for me while we were watching recently; I can't remember everything but I do remember the dialouge of the German lieutenant at the minefield).
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 01:38:21 AM »

I once went on and on about how great it was that they'd somehow managed to find real German Tiger MkIV Panzers in Yugoslavia to film for this, and some killjoy pointed out to me that these are actually Soviet M-34's -- far more available -- rigged & painted up to look like Tigers.
Boy, was I depressed --
peter history/denny buff

I have no idea what this means.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 12:27:26 PM »

I once went on and on about how great it was that they'd somehow managed to find real German Tiger MkIV Panzers in Yugoslavia to film for this, and some killjoy pointed out to me that these are actually Soviet M-34's -- far more available -- rigged & painted up to look like Tigers.
Boy, was I depressed --
peter history/denny buff
even if they were M-34s at least they made em look like panzers. Unlike the afformentioned patton But stuff like that really doesn't bother me too much.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »

This is one of the VERY few war movies I like.

Donald Sutherland with his hippy attitude and the "negative vibes" comments are hilarious! 

A definite DVD purchase if I can find it.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »

I wonder how many people got into movies like this because an older brother watched them. Count me in that number.

I have to say the Oddball quote that cracks me up the most has to be when the bridge they're about to cross is blown up. It's just so absurd.

Oddball: See what sending out them negative waves did, Moriarty?

Moriarty: That ain't my fault, Oddball. I've had nothing but good thoughts about that damn bridge ever since we left.

Moriarty was Gavin McLeod's best character, I think. I just love the way he knew oddball was nuts, but seemed to get pulled into the insanity.

And, thanks to Seinfeld, I have a new joke to make when Len Lesser shows up as Bellamy: "Uncle Leo!"

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »

"Jerry! Hello!"

He's in Slaughterhouse Five also, ditracted me the first time I saw it after being a Seinfeld fan.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  KELLY'S HEROES 1970 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.