Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:45:04 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  UNDERRATED? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: UNDERRATED?  (Read 49991 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »

I was 10 when that and Clerks came out, and nobody would take me to see them.

God I'm getting old ....

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 10:05:17 PM »

Okay Hallows, now I won't be able to picture "the Criz" without imagining his head as one of those rubber dog dumps that people hide their keys under. Hahaha!
And that ain't worth karma?   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle I reward you nonetheless.   Thumbup
More to the point, I must ask AnubisVonMojo, have you seen ORGY OF THE DEAD...?  Get ready...gimme room... you might enjoy it...  TeddyR  I love Criswell, but recognize that he is, at best, an acquired taste!   "Can your heart...stand the shock...?"  Isn't Criswell's charm his complete autonomatic delivery, complete detachment as medicated mannequin, and completely crappy timing?  Criswell!!!  The GRATE!  TeddyR 
i luvz crizwell

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 10:28:55 PM »

I was 10 when that and Clerks came out, and nobody would take me to see them.

God I'm getting old ....

I feel the same way, oddly, when I see new shows pop up on Nickelodean.  These shows explain why kids today are dumb.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 10:32:29 PM »

The Amazing Criswell predicts ...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xes0F36eTJA

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 01:28:31 AM »

The Amazing Criswell predicts ...
Sorry, must have already given you karma...how appropos...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 02:22:27 PM »

The Quartermass Xperiment seems pretty underrated. It was actually a very good film for the time it was brought out.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »

I really liked Waterworld.  Kevin Costner did a good job and the idea of dirt being more coveted than gold was interesting.

Battlefield Earth.  Let the howls begin.  It was cheesy and silly and John Travolta in platforms was a sight to behold, but I loved it.  I found myself cheering when the humans rose up against the aliens.

Snakes on a Plane.  The special effects were well done and I just love Samuel L Jackson.  'Nuff said.

Starship Troopers.  This is one of my faves.  But I love Verhoeven's movies anyway.

Escape From New York/LA.  John Carpenter is a favourite in our house and these two were pure escapist nonsense.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pilgermann

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2007, 11:22:23 PM »

Battlefield Earth.  Let the howls begin.  It was cheesy and silly and John Travolta in platforms was a sight to behold, but I loved it.  I found myself cheering when the humans rose up against the aliens.

Escape From New York/LA.  John Carpenter is a favourite in our house and these two were pure escapist nonsense.

Oof...I didn't know it was possible to like Battlefield Earth.  I can't truly judge it since I've never seen the entire thing, but the parts I've seen were so bad that it baffled me.

As for Escape from New York, I don't think it's underrated, rather it's well regarded by many people.  But L. A. is underrated for sure.  It's not at good as the first, but it's over the top enough to be entertaining.  I mean, it's got Kurt Russell surfing with Peter Fonda through an L. A. street!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:05:00 AM by Pilgermann » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:42 PM »

Mystery Men- Vastly underrated in my opinion.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie- Decent enough kids flick.
Return to Oz- Shame it wasn't a bigger hit.
Little Nicky- Downright hilarious.

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:33 PM »

I LOVE this movie!  Sure, it has it's flaws but it's more faithful to the Baum books than the Judy garland version.  I love the dark take on Oz that the director had.  I'd like to see another Oz movie that tempers the darkness with  lightheartedness.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

I LOVE this movie!  Sure, it has it's flaws but it's more faithful to the Baum books than the Judy garland version.  I love the dark take on Oz that the director had.  I'd like to see another Oz movie that tempers the darkness with  lightheartedness.
Take this for what it's worth:

Sci-Fi Channel has an upcoming remake/re-imagining of the Wizard of Oz, called Tin Man.  It stars Alan Cumming as Scarecrow, Richard Dreyfuss as the Wizard, and Zooey Deschanel (Elf), as Dorothy.

It's a science fiction type remake.  I heard it's a miniseries though, so it's probably gonna be like, 6 hours long.

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:50 AM »

"House of Dracula"  -It's considered by many to be the low point of the classic Universal horror era.  I love this movie and all of its over-the-top monster madness.  With Dracula, the Wolf Man, Frankenstein's monster, A Jekyll/Hyde type mad scientist, and a hunchback all in the same movie how can you go wrong?  The only thing that would have made it better is if Bela Lugosi had played Dracula.  John Carradine is still great though.  This one is always a lot of fun to watch and is probably my second favorite Universal horror flick just below "Bride of Frankenstein."

I also think the entire spaghetti western genre is WAY underrated!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2007, 06:05:50 AM »

Has anyone ever seen IMPULSE with William Shatner? aka WANNA RIDE,LITTLE GIRL? Bill plays a real creepy scumbag psycho. It has weird child molester overtones...so mebbe that's why it doesn't get too much air play.

The Shat goes WAAAY over the top (more than usual) in this one! His performance makes this a real classick! I saw it only once...in the seventies at the movie theater! In-friggin-credible!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »

Since I've been on a Kubrick kick lately, I'll say Eyes Wide Shut.  Hated it my first time with it but with more viewings, I've found it to be much much more than just a skin flick.  Fantastic film that a lot of people just don't talk about enough.

Also, RC, Impulse looks great!  Might have to search that one out.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2007, 01:01:22 AM »

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113266.0.html

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  UNDERRATED? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.