Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:48:32 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mortal Kombat: Annihilation « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat: Annihilation  (Read 13145 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »

He plays a lot of heavies.  But to tell the truth I thought Lambert was a bad choice also.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 03:33:50 AM »

Hatred Hatred Hatred

Oh my fncking God!!!  I remember watching that piece of sh!t with my brother.  Not only was I p**sed after watching it, I remember a lot of people at my college (at the time) were p**sed the next day.  I remember Liu Kang getting his ass kicked royally.  I also remember the potentialfight with Sheeva.  The reason why I said "potential" is because the fight was gonna happen but a cage fell on her head and that was it, robbing us of at least something bearable.  The actor for Raiden sucked (and so did his stunt double).  The actor for Shao Khan was a screaming, overacting waste.  As for Jax, y'all don't remember that dude from American Gladiator who was Sabre.  That's no excuse for the script, but he did talk like that.  The first one was strictly for the  fanboys but if I wasn't a gamer, I'd still watch that than Annihilation, oh, I mean Abomination. Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 08:16:21 AM »

I saw the first one. I really liked it with the exeption of the writing and all of the ninjas being bad guys. Ive never seen the second one, but I heard it sux. Id really like to see it anyway, As long as its not boring. Has anyone ever seen the live action tv show?

The tv show was a major guilty pleasure of mine.  Actually wasn't that bad,  Kritana Lokken was in it.    Thumbup  Stil the cheese factor was all over the show.  The show ended on a down note because it was never renewed.  Basically Shao Khan took over and that was it.  No follow up, nothing. 

Darn you Andrew, see what you started...now I'm going to have to dig this film up and watch it...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

That is always my problem with reading message board posts.  Somebody talks about a film I have not seen (or have not seen in a while), I go and find a copy, then *pow* I'm in the middle of pain.  One of the "What was that film?" threads actually got me to sit down and write a review for "Monster High."  Actually, that was not as bad as my memory had told me.

In the case of "Mortal Kombat:  Annihilation," I had finally purchased the DVD after one of the brief mentions about it on here.  The disc sat on my shelf for a long time before I finally sat down to give it a viewing.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »

The first Mortal Kombat was a fun piece of cheese but the 2nd one gives a new meaning to the phrase DEEP HURTING!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 11:23:50 PM »

Hey trekgeezer, is that a real book? The bad movies for dummies?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 05:35:42 AM »

Well, with the "animality" you suddenly have Kahn turning into a hydra and Liu Kang turning into a small dragon and fighting.  The CGI for that was just a little better than the Hell scenes from "Spawn."

They should have cut down on the number of different scenes and devoted more time to a few of them.  It seemed like all the characters did was spend the whole movie (I actually typed "game" vice "movie" at first) running from location to location.  And, yeah, Jax's lines were terrible.  Again - was this written by a thirteen year-old?

Good call, Andrew- the CGI in this movie makes Spawn & Deanzilla look good... hell, even the newer Yongary was better than this.

The guy playing Baraka made me burst into a fit of laughter- he's just wearing a glorified halloween mask!

All the supposed heroes came of completely inept- the one playing Sub-zero (no jokes, please) looked particularly gay for some reason... watching Scorpion kick him around was at least a mild diversion from the endless slow-mo fight scenes that looked more like bad music videos....

One more thing, this movie- was it 4 hours long? Or did it just seem that way?
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 05:48:25 AM »

One more thing, this movie- was it 4 hours long? Or did it just seem that way?

The DVD case claims it is only 98 mins.  I wonder if they need to convert that into dog years...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 07:47:10 AM »

I saw the first one. I really liked it with the exeption of the writing and all of the ninjas being bad guys. Ive never seen the second one, but I heard it sux. Id really like to see it anyway, As long as its not boring. Has anyone ever seen the live action tv show?

Consider yourself very lucky that you did not see the second movie.  It was done badly.  It failed on several reasons:

1: Too new many characters
2: Too many character actor/actress changes
3. Way to much stuff packed into the short film. 

With reason 1 there were many characters that were added and their sole purpose was get killed.  For example (Note spoiler warning) when Rain gets killed by Shao Kahn, he really had no purpose only to get hammered into the Lava.  Many characters were added for the sake of getting everyone in there and them not doing anything of real value.

2.  Lots of Miscasting this time around.  Many of the original actors and actresses from the first movie did not come back to replay their roles in the second movie.  Or the same actros from the first movie played a different role the second time around.  The actor for Reptile now plays Sub Zero.

3.  The idea was good but you can't pack that much in 90 some minute movie.  For it to have worked even on decent level (decent being the operative word) The movie would have to have a) need to be made longer, b) cut out a lot of the character that were not needed.  The cyborgs, Jax and is cyborg arms, Jade, Any other ninja except for Scorpion, and Subzero, remove the anamilty part, and get rid of Nightwolf too while your at it. 

That might ahve saved the film, but even then I'm not even positive that it would have helped. I only watch it if I'm REALLY bored or if I need to laugh at something.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 03:24:24 PM »

Oh, that was Rain... thanks, with all the reds & blacks, I lost track of who that was... they gave him the clown hammer treatment- like Mike in MST3K.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »

He plays a lot of heavies.  But to tell the truth I thought Lambert was a bad choice also.

I have to agree, Remar's deliveries always seem flat or forced (remember his big scene in Hot Shots Part Duex?), and Lambert just struts around waving his finger as if to say, "You don't wanna know where this has been."

It's a shame the couldn't have grafted on one of the Three Storms from BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA- now THAT'S Rayden, right there!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mortal Kombat: Annihilation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.