Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:25:56 PM
714346 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Raiders of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Raiders of the Living Dead  (Read 1868 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: July 04, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »

A reporter investigates a farm with a frightening past and encounters zombies.  Though he survives the night, he then finds that he is hunted by the walking dead.  A nurse picks him up as he hitchhikes and the two go on a date, because what woman wouldn't fall for a guy who they picked up on the side of the road - especially after he disappears and the police find a rotting corpse with its brains blown out in his temporary apartment (yup, she goes looking for him after that).

With the help of a talkative doctor, the reporter delves into the mystery and discovers that a mad scientist is creating zombies and has used them to infest an abandoned prison (actually, it looks like a crumbling WWII military installation).  The reporter has his wits, the doctor has a bow and arrows, and the doctor's grandson has a laser pistol.  Oh, and just when it appears all is lost, the evil scientist is overcome when his pistol is suddenly snatched out of his hand by a character offscreen.  The end.

The best parts of the movie are the doctor's grandson accidentally frying his hamster as he experiments with the laser and the theme song that opens the film.  "The deeaaaaaddddd are after meeeeeeee!" (And I ain't got no privacy!)

Lessons Learned:
Laserdisc players contain weapons-grade lasers.
Zombies can only be killed by having their head blown off, being shot with an arrow, or any contact with a laser.
Lasers look like white squiggly lines.
In the old days, the leading cause of brownouts was the electric chair execution of a criminal.
If you say the right things to a gun store owner, he will immediately reveal and sell you a sawed-off shotgun.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »

I somewhat liked this movie. Yes, it was corny as hell, and in some places it moved at a snail's pace, but, considering the home video budget they were apparently working with, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

The laser ray was particularly funny, as well the reaction of some of the zombies when they were shot with it.

Normally I wouldn't particularly care for a zero budget attempt at a zombie movie, but this one does, from an entertainment perspective, rise above its limitations.
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

I liked the zombie in the house-shotgun scene the best. But my favorite thing about this movie is the music. The main title song is great and the song that plays in the nuculear power plant chase is great too. I was really suprised about the DVD realease. So many extras for a movie that was long forgotten.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

I was really suprised about the DVD realease. So many extras for a movie that was long forgotten.

Me too, all three different versions for pretty darn cheap, like $15.  I haven't gone through them all, but having just watched "Raiders of the Living Dead" it is much better than the VHS I had.  Not a "wow, amazing" DVD print, but very clean for a film like this.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Raiders of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.