Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:46:44 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robbed! I mean, burgled. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever been burgled?
Yes - 4 (50%)
No - 3 (37.5%)
Let me at the SOB! I'll rip his eyes out!!! - 1 (12.5%)
Its ok, he needed it more than me, the dirty f#$%r - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Robbed! I mean, burgled.  (Read 5610 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:05 AM »

No insurance which is sad, since we had only just recently moved in and this was our first place [both had still been at home up till that point]

It's just stuff, so no biggie, just a pain.

Funnily enough my family home was broken into three times in two years, and now this one, but my car has not been touched once.  Yet [touch wood].

Like I said, I actually walked in on a burglar once.  I was 16/17 and got off school early.  Because I rode my bike to school I parked it at the back door and noticed it had been pulled off [was a sliding door]

Since this was time number three we had been robbed, I walked in and found the place pretty messed up.  Muttering under my breath I had a quick look around, and was caught by surprise by seeing Mr thief looking out the front door, not noticing that I was already in the house.

Needless to say my heart was racing pretty fast as I ducked out of sight to collect my thoughts as to what I should do.  Since the last time we were robbed my dad had walked in on the guy, and he just bolted, I figured the same thing would happen.  I'm not a built guy, but I was a good half a foot taller than him, so I went down the hallway swearing my beehind off.

He grabbed a couple of bags and tried to shut the door on me, which I managed to get an arm and a foot through. It was one of those fly screen jobs so we were face to face pushing on the door for a few minutes.  He spat at me and said he had a knife, I didn't believe him and told him to show me, whilst I tried to reach around and bop him on the head with a large wooden door stop I had picked up. 

After a few minutes [or at least it seemed that way] I decided it was fruitless and went for the phone.  As I did he bolted, bags in hand, and ran to his car.  I gave chase and caught up with him as he loaded a bag in the car.  Both of us shouting, he made a lunge at me with an object which I took to be the knife he threatened me with before, so I backed off, as he jumped in the car and drove away.  Got the numberplate and car make in the process.

Pretty intense stuff really, but they ended up catching the guy and he got 12 months jail.  When they found him they found a garage full of stolen items, of which they actually found some gear from a friend of ours who had been broken into previously.  Ours was sold to pawn shops and we found some of it, but insurance covered us and we got better stuff because of it.

This recent time is nowhere near as bad so it's just frustrating really.  Especially my girlfriend's jewelry that was taken that belonged to her late grandmother.  Replacing things is easy re laptop etc but the sentimental stuff is alot harder.

Here's hoping the buggers get what's coming to them!  Thanks for all the best wishes too!

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Robbed! I mean, burgled. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.