Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:35 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SLEEPAWAY CAMP ~ DUMB FILM « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: SLEEPAWAY CAMP ~ DUMB FILM  (Read 32787 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »

theres 3 groups...
3. people who loved it
The smallest group by far.   Smile
Hey-I own it I resemble that small group.
I love this sick piece of garbage!  Cheers
gARBAGE lOVE pIECE sICK

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 11:59:43 PM »

theres 3 groups...
3. people who loved it
The smallest group by far.   Smile
Hey-I own it I resemble that small group.
I love this sick piece of garbage!  Cheers
gARBAGE lOVE pIECE sICK
Them words in one sentence do not seem to fit-but in this case-they do! Do,man
Dodo!
DoDO!
Dodoodoodoit doit!
Hah! Get on the good foot!
What-Oh yeah-this f**king movie...I love this sick piece of garbage!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »

I've never actually seen the first one, but I've seen the second and third. 

The second I really liked.  For what was basically a standard slasher it felt surprisingly gritty and mean spirited in a way that really gave it some impact. 

The third was decent but you really couldn't watch it without knowing what happened in the earlier movies for it to work. 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 01:13:25 PM »

I've only seen the first Sleepaway Camp, and I pretty much hated it.

If I'd seen it when it came out (when I was an impressionable pre-teen), it probably would've made a bigger impression on me, but for whatever reason I never got around to seeing it till I was in college in my early 20s... and by that time I'd already seen so many other cheap-a$$ slasher movies that I was pretty much a jaded prick (haha).

The "shock" ending was also pretty much common knowledge in the horror community by that point (yes, even before Robot Chicken spoiled it for an entire generation) so I couldn't even get a jolt out of that because I knew it was coming!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2021, 09:23:13 PM »

gARBAGE lOVE pIECE sICK

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2021, 01:49:47 PM »

Love the film. Love the series

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2021, 01:34:24 PM »

Lookingup

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2021, 04:56:55 AM »

my brother got me part 3 for xmas.... even though there was much to dislike, I also kind of liked it. it's about as trashy and dumb as it gets. makes the average F13 sequel look like Suspiria.

also, there was a girl in my form at secondary school called Angela Baker  BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2021, 02:31:07 PM »

my brother got me part 3 for xmas.... even though there was much to dislike, I also kind of liked it. it's about as trashy and dumb as it gets. makes the average F13 sequel look like Suspiria.

also, there was a girl in my form at secondary school called Angela Baker  BounceGiggle

"..you are most certainly probably right to heap abuse on the quiet shy types..."

pennywise37

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2021, 03:30:16 AM »

one of my favorite movies of all time, the 1s tone is a classic film i enjoy the 2nd one as it's a so bad it's good kind of film, now the 3rd one sucks ass but it's citizen freaking kane compared to the 4th one which is WOW is that movie bad.  Alan is well i dunno how to explain Alan but to those who have seen the film will know why. my only question was why was he written to be a character where you want to relate to like Angela in the 1st one you could relate to her in a way.

she was a likable girl that kept to herself pretty much, Alan went from being a character where you were suppose to care about him than he'd be treating others like sh*t  and  you wonder this is who we are suppose to be rooting for?  was Robert H. i dunno how to spell his name without looking it up on crack when he wrote the script and it must have been some good sh*t too. 

also whatever happened to Issac Hayes in the film? it never says i mean if he did die in the film was it filmed? it was made like 5 years before it was actually released.  also check out the cinema snob episodes of these films but if ya haven't seen the first one watch that one 1st the 1st one has a lot of gay undertones that i never even realized until Brad Jones of the Cinema snob fame got to the films and as it's called Snobbed it.

those actually are on the Official  website cause it's  owner loved them so much he got that they were done for fun and they weren't there to say how bad the films are. the cinema snob is just a character created by Brad Jones.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2021, 10:19:16 PM »

one of my favorite movies of all time, the 1s tone is a classic film i enjoy the 2nd one as it's a so bad it's good kind of film, now the 3rd one sucks ass but it's citizen freaking kane compared to the 4th one which is WOW is that movie bad.  Alan is well i dunno how to explain Alan but to those who have seen the film will know why. my only question was why was he written to be a character where you want to relate to like Angela in the 1st one you could relate to her in a way.

she was a likable girl that kept to herself pretty much, Alan went from being a character where you were suppose to care about him than he'd be treating others like sh*t  and  you wonder this is who we are suppose to be rooting for?  was Robert H. i dunno how to spell his name without looking it up on crack when he wrote the script and it must have been some good sh*t too. 

also whatever happened to Issac Hayes in the film? it never says i mean if he did die in the film was it filmed? it was made like 5 years before it was actually released.  also check out the cinema snob episodes of these films but if ya haven't seen the first one watch that one 1st the 1st one has a lot of gay undertones that i never even realized until Brad Jones of the Cinema snob fame got to the films and as it's called Snobbed it.

those actually are on the Official  website cause it's  owner loved them so much he got that they were done for fun and they weren't there to say how bad the films are. the cinema snob is just a character created by Brad Jones.
Brad is great.  Love his reviews.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
pennywise37

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:16 PM »

i've been watching him for 10 years now i've been off and on been putting them to dvd but not for selling them or anything like that just for my own collection so if any get taken down i can watch them. i'm up to i think 2017 i think? or 2016 i forget which ?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2021, 09:07:58 AM »

I revisited the original Sleepaway Camp this past October during my annual Halloween season horror-thon. It was still mostly terrible (let's be honest -- aside from the shock ending, it's essentially a dollar store Friday the 13th knock off), but I had fun with it because my 13 year old was watching it with me for the first time, and his reaction to the "twist" ending ("wait... WAIT. She's a WHAT now?") made it worth sitting through the rest of the film. :D

I also watched SC "2" and "3" last year for the first time, and they made the original look like solid gold. I won't be revisiting any of them any time soon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 09:11:19 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2021, 12:38:50 PM »

I liked it besides of the twist ending
pennywise37

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2021, 08:57:14 PM »

if you want a good laugh i borrowed the dvd set from a friend years ago and reading it on the dvd cases on what Angela is i don't know why but it just never connected to my mind i think? because i didn't think about it all so the twist ending shocked me.  i'm okay with that ya know? i think it's a great film sure it's got some cheesy moments but so do a lot of horror films.   i think it's one of the better horror films we got in the 80's the 1st film i mean not the sequels even though

those were both filmed back to back as we all know by  now and it's not the best one from around this time but it's i don't think among the worst either. the sequels have some creative kills and you can tell Pamela Springsteen easily was having fun with the role and though most of the time you can say playing it that way can hurt a film but not always with these sequels i think it does help them cause she's in on the joke.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SLEEPAWAY CAMP ~ DUMB FILM « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.