Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:44:30 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ninja Warrior « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ninja Warrior  (Read 11327 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: July 06, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »

I was curious if anyone else on here watches Ninja Warrior on G4.  The show is a test of strength for the contestants.  There are tests of balance, speed, agility, upper and lower body strength, etc.  It's strangely riveting.

The best thing about the show is the narration.  The basic narration is done by an American while the actual event narration is the original Japanese audio with subtitles.  The best quote I've heard on the show so far is:

"He's crawling like a muscular baby in a playpen in Hell."

Heh.

Some of the things the contestants have to go through are truly grueling.  They have to make their way between two horizontal glass sheets about 20 feet over a large muddy moat, make it across a large section of the moat by hanging on a small cliff with their fingertips, and having to climb a huge metal mountain in about 60 seconds.  It's truly awe inspiring.

If you haven't seen it yet, then check it out.  It's certainly a ton of fun.  It airs at 10 and 10:30 every weekday night on G4.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:17:29 PM »

I watch this one all the time.  It's fun, both when the contestants make it through the course and even more so when they don't.  The narration is funny and it also gets really sarcastic and mocking.  The only downside is that my 9 yr old likes to watch too, but I have to be really fast with the remote to change channels because of some of the ads on G4. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »

The only downside is that my 9 yr old likes to watch too, but I have to be really fast with the remote to change channels because of some of the ads on G4. 

Good to know I'm not the only one that likes the show.  As for G4....I'm not fond of the channel by any means.  It's the channel that took over TechTV, which was the best network of all time.  Now, G4 is just trying to cash in on Spike's success by trying to be a men's channel.  That translates into sex, sex, sex, sex, an episode of Cops, sex, sex, sex, sex, and Ninja Warrior.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 11:55:26 AM »

I happen to like ninja warrior. This is about the only show I watch on this network. Well that Brainiac and the old star treks. But since they threw those on past midnight I don't really watch them too much.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:05:35 PM by flackbait » Logged
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

Poogie and I really enjoy this show, it's intense and funny at the same time, shows that somethings only look impossible. Know what you mean about G4 commercials and the network in general, the child has moved out so the commercials are just annoying. If I was about 30 - 40 years younger I wouldn't mind trying this show, the obstacle course looks like fun.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »

If I was about 30 - 40 years younger I wouldn't mind trying this show, the obstacle course looks like fun.

I would love to try it too, but being as short as I am, it would be rather sad to watch.  That Warped Wall would impossible to get past!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:45:04 AM »

I don't think size is the issue, it seems to me to be more a matter of momentum and timing the jump so you can get both hands on the top of the wall than one of height. What would get me are the rollers right at the beginning, if your landing is just a little bit off you're going for a swim.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 10:10:40 PM »

It is about the only show I watch on that channel.  G4 used to be god, but it's not anymore.  If I was still in shape and had the money I would try out for the show.
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:13:45 PM »

I don't really watch hardly any actual TV, but I've seen this show a couple of times and have found it to be quite amusing for what it is.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:29:23 PM »

I watch this show at an ungodly hour on weekends on Virgin1 and rather enjoy it. It reminds me a little of the infamous assault course round on the Eighties show "The Krypton Factor" only with more athleticism.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

I have a friend who loves this show. I've only watched it a few times, as it seemed to be the same thing over and over again, like Takeshi's Castle.

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »

Yes I did used to watch "Takeshi's Castle" but it did get far too repetitve to be terribly enjoyable. "Ninja Warrior" is probably going to be the same shortly.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 11:42:18 PM »

This has been a big hit in our house.  My wife, my 7 year old, and my 5 year old use to watch it all the time (Tevo let us fast forward through the commercials).   My son still talks about going to Japan to be on Ninja Warrior.  We have probably seen all of the episodes so it is not the draw it use to be but one of the things I found so fascinating about this is how the 10 or so regulars approach the whole course.  I am not sure if this is a Japanese thing or what but they seem not to compete with each other as much as against the nearly insurmountable task that is completing the course (I think only 2-3 people have successfully completed it).  I personally find this attitude refreshing giving the winner take all philosophy that is American sports. 

Of course watching someone fall in to a pool into of muddy water after falling off the rolling log or something is just so entertaining. 
Paquita

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »

I really used to love this show but it did get repetitive after a while.  But I'll probably start watching again later.  The screaming commentator is my favorite though.  I always wondered if the participants could hear him because if they could it would be really distracting.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »

I like the show, but haven't seen it in a while. G4 changed satellites and the one they're on doesn't come in where I live, so that's probably why.

There's a girl that has won the thing like 4 times, , she is sofa king hot. . .Have to admire a chick the is in that great of shape.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:47:05 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ninja Warrior « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.