Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beast from Haunted Cave « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beast from Haunted Cave  (Read 16986 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: July 06, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »

Roundtable effort with Darksider's Realm and Side Order of Ninjas.  How do you like this summer weather?  Enough to watch an old film about a spider monster that chases criminals through a wintry forest?

Darksider, Side Order of Ninjas, and I wanted to make sure that nobody was suffering from withdrawl from Christmas wishes and/or snow (readers in the Southern Hemisphere might not be missing snow right now).  We joined together for a very merry Christmas in July.   My pick was this film, "Beast from Haunted Cave."

Darksider reviewed the He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special.  Egad!

Side Order of Ninjas reviewed Santa Claus the Movie.  Dudley Moore!  Low quality toys causing hate in girls and boys! 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:27:38 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »

This is another one that probably belongs in allhallowsday's "Underrated" thread. It's really quite an effective low budget chiller in its way and shows originality by adding in the robbery/hoodlum apsect given it a little noirish feel. Andrew, you examined its flaws terrifically in your review and made me laugh out loud several times. Good show.  Thumbup

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

I'm sorry to say I didn't think quite so highly of this one. It certainly is a decent little flick, I'm not saying it sucks, but it still didn't quite work for me.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:40:24 AM »

Now, why do i hope The Film Crew will riff this one next, Hummmm?...

Keep up the good work, Marine. You pick good "partners in crime"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

I watched this film finally last night, and I have to say I'm quite disappointed.  The pacing was the issue.  It really felt like someone meant to make a decent bank heist drama, but the producers didn't like it and said, "Hey, let's throw a monster into it!"  I know, many movies have turned out this way, especially one including a certain "godmonster," but if this is the case then they should have completely rewritten the script to emphasize the horror a little better rather than give it a back seat, or say screw the monster and make it a bank heist drama. 
Duck
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »

The DVD had such bad sound quality that we could barely hear what any of these morons were saying.  The best parts of the film were the parts with the monster, yet those were few and far between.  The ending had to be the best part, right after the monster dies- THE END flashes onto the screen.  They just leave everyone in the middle of the cave, and we don't even get to find out who survives.  I wish I could have heard the dialogue properly because this was one of the most boring movies I have seen.  The title Beast from Haunted Cave had so much promise too.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beast from Haunted Cave « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.