Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:27 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Name those movie clichés ... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: Name those movie clichés ...  (Read 60736 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 11:35:44 PM »

Interestingly enough, the very reason I love CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA as much as I do is it pretty much breaks nearly every "rule" one expects it to follow.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 02:54:49 AM »

Villan or such is shot dead, , but comes back, , set on fire, , comes back, cut in half, , upper half comes back, , arms cut off, , one arm keeps coming after heroes, , that arm ground into pieces, , other hand twitches just as credits start rolling. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »

The obligatory scene in which a scantily clad young woman goes off to investigate strange noises, knowing full well that there is a homicidal maniac/slobbering monstrosity loose in the neighborhood, or any of the many variations of this.
There is a good movie with M. Emmet Walsh, titled Monster, in which he explains almost every "B" movie monster cliche to his character's grandson as the movie goes along, very funny stuff. 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »

-The main character loses the girl due to his own complete douche-baggery but gets her back in the end.

-Guy tries to hook up with an ex-girlfriend and ends up getting her back (this never works in real life...EVER).

-Old western one-on-one shootouts

-Characters drinking heavily during the course of the film but remain sober enough to make smart decisions and perform death-defying stunts.

-Personal computers that do not run on Windows.

-People who play lots of video games are automatically computer experts.

-Characters who have no experience flying a plane, land the plane.

-In zombie movies, explaining that you need to shoot the zombie in the head to kill it.  Don't most people know that by now?

-The bad guy kills his henchman or the henchman kills the bad guy.

-The creature is not really bad...just misunderstood.

Sorry if I repeated any...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:57:45 AM by Oldskool138 » Logged

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 10:56:47 AM »

Characters who have no experience flying a plane, land the plane...not only planes but also many lead characters somehow miraculously know how to control submarines, tanks, advanced cars, alien spaceships, whathaveyou.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:59:01 AM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »

Villains say "now I'm going to kill you" and rather than killing the hero (or other hostage), they yak for 5 minutes to allow the hero to save the day.  (One of my peeves, actuallly --- JUST SHOOT THE GUY for crying out loud).
Hey, the guy's been p**sing you off throughout the course of the film, wouldn't you want to rub it in his face that he's about to die miserably?

Me? I'd do the deed in mid-sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
peter johnson

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »

RE:  Just Shoot --
There's a sequence in The Good The Bad and The Ugly wherein a guy pursuing Eli Wallach catches him in the tub & launches into one of those "I've been chasing you for years! . . ." speeches.  Tuco, Wallach's character, blasts him in mid-discourse with a gun he has under the bathwater.
"If you're going to shoot, shoot!", he says . . .
peter johnson/denny cra e

I have no idea what this means.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »

STAGE 1: Tough guy lead character spies another equally tough looking dude...

STAGE 2: there's a bit of cautious staring...maybe a bit of tense dialogue where only a couple of words are said.

STAGE 3: One of them says something blatantly confrontational and it seems like a fight is about to erupt...

STAGE 4: the lead character will suddenly break out into a smile, address the other guy by his name, and both men will embrace like brothers, because of course they're "old buddies".

the number of films this happens in... especially westerns.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 04:55:13 PM »

A car goes over a hill ... it blows up.
A car suddenly does a 180 on the air and ... it blows up.
A car hits another car ... it blows up.
A car drive off a bridge ... it blows up.
A car is shot with a hand gun ... it blows up.
A car is shot with anything ... it blows up.
A car runs into a wall ... it blows up.

I waiting for the film were a car runs a right light and it blows up.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 05:19:10 PM »

-The main character loses the girl due to his own complete douche-baggery but gets her back in the end.

"Douche-baggery."  I love it.  I can't wait to say this at work tomorrow.  The first time someone screws up, I'll be prepared with, "This happened because of you and your douche-baggery!"

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »

"Douche-baggery."  I love it.  I can't wait to say this at work tomorrow.  The first time someone screws up, I'll be prepared with, "This happened because of you and your douche-baggery!"

In another thread I listed made up words as one of my pet peeves, but this is a great word, and it's hyphenated too. If the opportunity is offered I will also use this newest addition to the english language. Gave you a karma for this word my friend.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 06:19:25 PM »

Villan or such is shot dead, , but comes back, , set on fire, , comes back, cut in half, , upper half comes back, , arms cut off, , one arm keeps coming after heroes, , that arm ground into pieces, , other hand twitches just as credits start rolling. .

This reminds me of a great line from the short-lived Dilbert cartoon show.  Dogbert says, "They say only the good die young.  If the reverse is true I'm immortal."

TeddyR

++josh;
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 06:28:35 PM »

In another thread I listed made up words as one of my pet peeves, but this is a great word, and it's hyphenated too. If the opportunity is offered I will also use this newest addition to the english language. Gave you a karma for this word my friend.

I gave him a karma, too.  Douche-baggery is definitely worthy of a karma increase.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »

If someone is in the water, you can bet you butt there is a shark nearby ... cue the shark music.

I swear I don't remember the movie it was one of those lame 50 or 60's movie in B/W some girl was in a lake, A LAKE and the rolled the stock tiger or great white shark footage.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 09:05:28 PM »

Watched What Lies Above, aka Snowman's Pass (2004) tonight and saw a couple of other cliches.  (Painful, painful movie, by the way).

(1) In a mountain movie, there must be at least one scenery shot accompanied by a hawk screech sound effect.

(2) In a mountain movie, the knowledgable guide, man or woman, must drive a Jeep.

(3) The mountain man/woman must have something in their past that makes them NOT want to go back into the mountains; usually, a lover/spouse has died "up there."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Name those movie clichés ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.