Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:04 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Name those movie clichés ... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Name those movie clichés ...  (Read 60733 times)
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2007, 06:33:35 AM »

Flat-chested women do not exist.
Unless you're talking about Milla Jovovovovovovich

Crosses are useless against 'cool' vampires.
I dunno, is Jerry Dandridge considered "cool"?

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2007, 08:32:33 AM »

Flat-chested women do not exist.
Unless you're talking about Milla Jovovovovovovich

OK, I'll grant you Milla Jovovovovovovich. Aye, the mountains truly be but hills but the landscape is still worth surveying quite closely.

Crosses are useless against 'cool' vampires.
I dunno, is Jerry Dandridge considered "cool"?

Oh, come now, how is Jerry not cool? Look at the man as the Fearless Prince Humperdinck!

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
Zontar Smith
New Visitor

The Thing From Venus, Massachusetts

« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »

In any pre-1990 movie, if an "unauthorized" person tries to enter a computer system, the words ACCESS DENIED will flash up on the screen in a big, red Ariel typeface.

In older movies, all secret technology (such as death rays) will look like a bunch of stereo gear and Navy surplus electronics stacked in a clothes closet.

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives."-Criswell
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »

OK, I'll grant you Milla Jovovovovovovich. Aye, the mountains truly be but hills but the landscape is still worth surveying quite closely.

Besides, she makes up for it in brains. Milla can always go get implants, , , but bimbos will always be bimbos. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
eclipsed
Dedicated Viewer

Naturally Aspirated!

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »

When being chased at 100 miles an hour by someone in a car next to you no one ever thinks to simply hit the breaks.

Only skateboarders and social outcasts smoke pot in movies, and only upclass lawyers and people wearing suits use cocaine (and thats the only drug that aparently exists to these people)

You can in fact send email and voice/data to the center of the earth wirelessly.

You can also track anything in the world with GPS satellites, even if its 200 miles below the surface of the earth (The Core was full of wonderful screwups)

Hollywood server farms never have cat5/fiber showing, they all magically just work....

Anyone can hack into an encrypted network by plugging a laptop into a server rack. period.

Cellphones never have a signal when your stranded or in danger.

-The main character loses the girl due to his own complete douche-baggery but gets her back in the end.
-The main character loses the girl due to his own complete douche-baggery but gets her back in the end.

"Douche-baggery."  I love it.  I can't wait to say this at work tomorrow.  The first time someone screws up, I'll be prepared with, "This happened because of you and your douche-baggery!"

We use the term "ass-hattery" for this in my unit.

Boss: Enough with this ass-hattery, get back to work.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:10:09 PM by eclipsed » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:16 PM »

Nicole Kidman is only a 34B which is fine in my world but rather flat in Hollywood.

But other movie cliches, I saw one last night on a movie.

Any you need to board up a window or door there is always plenty of wood in the house already cut to the correct length with nails already started on each end. I know I have a closet full of them, just in case.

You can in fact send email and voice/data to the center of the earth wirelessly.

You can also get a wireless signal (Cell phone or internet) anywhere on earth even in the deep Amazon or in caves. Unless you are in danger.

Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »

Nicole Kidman is only a 34B which is fine in my world but rather flat in Hollywood.

But which B-movie has Kidman been in?

But other movie cliches, I saw one last night on a movie.

Any you need to board up a window or door there is always plenty of wood in the house already cut to the correct length with nails already started on each end. I know I have a closet full of them, just in case.

Were you watching Night of the Living Dead last night? They had quite a bit of spare wood and nails in the house.

I love Ming's new chapeau! Everyone make a Merry Christmas under penalty of death!

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »

Not full blown "B" but based in "B"

Bewitched and Batman Forever

Were you watching Night of the Living Dead last night? They had quite a bit of spare wood and nails in the house.

No it was Mosquito one lame flick. I think it was on Sci-Fi, might have been Chiller. And the busted out wood had very interesting zig-zag cuts that all looked very much alike, must have been a special wood to break like that from the zig-zag tree.

Here is the cover if you wish to punish yourself.

I love Ming's new chapeau! Everyone make a Merry Christmas under penalty of death!

Why think you earthling.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2007, 03:23:03 AM »

After our modern industrial society has collapsed, somebody somewhere will still be producing fuel, tyres and spare parts for cars. Oh, and ammo.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2007, 03:45:37 AM »

BMX Bandits?

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2007, 07:33:48 PM »

There is only ever one hero who is strong and capable, never several even if Earth has been taken over by 9 foot hairy alien beings and the humans must rise up against them to reclaim their planet.

And whenever said hero fights these 9 foot aliens, he can get pummelled and beaten and thrown 20 feet across the landscape but he never looks bloodied or broken and doesn't even sweat with the effort.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2007, 07:26:29 AM »

Not full blown "B" but based in "B"

Bewitched and Batman Forever

I never saw Bewitched. I lost interest when I read the plot synopsis. However, I do agree with you on Batman Forever. The movie was enjoyable in a very goofy way. Carrey played a good Riddler. I would nominate it for marginal B-Movie status.

Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2007, 11:16:22 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: In movies of the 50s and 60s, there would be a beatnick guy working on an abstract painting. Someone would either get mad at him and throw a liquid beverage (coffee, soda, beer) on it or a wacky fight involving the throwing of liquids (ketchup) or food (pie) would break out. After the liquid has splattered on the abstract painting, the artist looks at it and exclaims, "Oh wow, man! That made it look better!"  Twirling

This shows up in action/horror films, as well as comedies.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2008, 03:26:06 AM »

"But what's not to like about her? She's young... She's beautiful... She has... large tracts of land..."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Name those movie clichés ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.