Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:27:19 PM
714348 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE!  (Read 8175 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 07, 2007, 12:43:11 AM »

Thumbup  Best werewolf movie I've seen in awhile - great cinematography and interesting effects - remniscent of UNDERWORLD, but different in many ways.  Anybody else see this little gem?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:07:49 AM »

I was in a movie theater a few months ago and the entire theater (including me) kept laughing during the BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE trailer.  After that, I was a bit skeptical, so I haven't seen it yet . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »

I am a lover of werewolf films both good and bad (I own all of the Howling films, except for New Moon Rising, which I guess is currently OOP, and I actually enjoyed Wes Craven's "Cursed"), but this one scared me off. A love story between a human and lycanthrope isn't necessarily a bad thing.... but when I saw the transformation from man into wolf (I guess all it takes is a little fairy dust?) I decided that this movie could lick its own crotch. I may give it a rental, but truthfully, I'm not sad I missed out on seeing this one.

However, there is another werewolf movie hitting the big screen in the very near future called "Skinwalkers" that shows some promise. But damn it, the film is PG-13?! (Apparently the film was originally going for an R-Rating, but was trimmed down to cater to a larger audience. Expect an UNCUT version to hit DVD later this year.) "Skinwalkers" basks in the moonlight on July 27th.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Goji_girl
Bad Movie Lover

MEATLOAF! (meet-low-ff)

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

I love werewolf films also. I especially liked Underworld but underworld evolution wasn't as good. (Don't get me wrong, it was good, it just wasn't as good). When I saw the trailer I laughed at the title. (I know, I know, don't judge a book by it's cover) The title Blood and Chocolate cracked me up. Now, without ruining it for me, can someone please tell me why it was called Blood and Chocolate?

Pilgermann

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »

Er, um, I saw a small bit of this and it was horribly silly, and not in a nice entertaining way.  For one thing the transformations are hilarious.  I witnessed a bunch of goofy people leaping into the air and slow motion, they glow and flash, and then they're a wolf, and not a cool looking monstrous wolf, but a WOLF.

And the trailer did look really bad.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

Wow . . .  looks like I'm in a minority here.  As far as the title goes, the lead girl/wolf character works in a chocolate shop in Budapest.  But it looks as if no one who's responded thus far has actually seen the entire film.  Maybe I'm utterly without taste*, but I liked this movie.

*Wait, I'm a badmovies.org member.  Of course I'm without taste.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

Wow . . .  looks like I'm in a minority here.  Maybe I'm utterly without taste*, but I liked this movie.

Never fear.  At one time or another each and every one of us has said we liked a movie that most others hated.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »

Er, um, I saw a small bit of this and it was horribly silly, and not in a nice entertaining way.  For one thing the transformations are hilarious.  I witnessed a bunch of goofy people leaping into the air and slow motion, they glow and flash, and then they're a wolf, and not a cool looking monstrous wolf, but a WOLF.

And the trailer did look really bad.

That seemed to be the coolest part of the trailer.
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 12:02:20 PM »

I love werewolf films also. I especially liked Underworld but underworld evolution wasn't as good. (Don't get me wrong, it was good, it just wasn't as good). When I saw the trailer I laughed at the title. (I know, I know, don't judge a book by it's cover) The title Blood and Chocolate cracked me up. Now, without ruining it for me, can someone please tell me why it was called Blood and Chocolate?

Guess I'm the only one here who has read the book?  The title refers to the lead female's desires pulling in different directions.  She's in high school in American in the book, and becomes involved with a human, who is sweet, whereas her werewolf suitors are fierce.  She feels pulled between humanity's sweetness (chocolate), and the violent at times revelry of the werewolves (blood), especially the new pack leader who she is basically betrothed too.  The book is a quite excellent young adult story, one of the better werewolf novels I've read. 

From what they show you in the trailer, the movie is much different.  It seems like her relationship to the human is stressed far more, and the other werewolves are far more villainous.  But, of course, this is just a trailer and it may be misleading.  I'll probably see the film when it hits HBO/Cinemax.  The trailer did look kind of bad, and people in the theatre did laugh at it when I saw it.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 02:57:27 AM »

I think my favorite review was titled "Hot Topic: The Movie"
Delia
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »

Am i the only one who hated this movie horribly? The movie doesnt come close to comparing to the book. the book was 234535 times better. the movie destroyed everything. First off, the actors. They chose the wrong people fro everyone. Gabriel was suppose to look ultra attractive looking. big and buff-ish. Aiden was suppose to look like a hippie. There was no esme......astrid was suppose to be a complete b*itch. Rafe didnt match the description in the book at all. And not to mention the fact that the pack was no unified AT ALL. in the book they are all about standing together and protecting one another. But the movie pack was all about killing. And what was up with the setting being in Romania? Its suppose to be set in Maryland for a reason!!

So, in conclusion, obviously, i hated this movie. LOL. =]
Jim H

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »

Am i the only one who hated this movie horribly? The movie doesnt come close to comparing to the book. the book was 234535 times better. the movie destroyed everything. First off, the actors. They chose the wrong people fro everyone. Gabriel was suppose to look ultra attractive looking. big and buff-ish. Aiden was suppose to look like a hippie. There was no esme......astrid was suppose to be a complete b*itch. Rafe didnt match the description in the book at all. And not to mention the fact that the pack was no unified AT ALL. in the book they are all about standing together and protecting one another. But the movie pack was all about killing. And what was up with the setting being in Romania? Its suppose to be set in Maryland for a reason!!

So, in conclusion, obviously, i hated this movie. LOL. =]

Necropost alert!  Oh well.

You're not alone.  I thought it was quite bad.  Mediocre acting, bad effects work, a ridiculous villain, just not good at all.  I'd rate it...  A 5/10 I guess, just because I'm a werewolf fiend.

Skinwalkers, on the other hand, is abysmally awful.  One of the worst films I've seen.  I'd give it a 2/10.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »

This Movie Was So Hideously Awful ......Now I'm Trying To Supress The Memories
Cthulhu

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »

Wow . . .  looks like I'm in a minority here.  As far as the title goes, the lead girl/wolf character works in a chocolate shop in Budapest.  But it looks as if no one who's responded thus far has actually seen the entire film.  Maybe I'm utterly without taste*, but I liked this movie.

Actually, she works in a chocolate shop in Bucharest.

I saw this thing in a shop, but didn't pick it up. If it's PG-13 I think I'll give it a miss.

*Wait, I'm a badmovies.org member.  Of course I'm without taste.
Actually, the chocolate shop is in Bucharest.

I was thinking about buying this but if it's PG-13...I think I'll give it a miss.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:55:47 PM by Cthulhu » Logged
skully13
Dedicated Viewer

"Cujo, where are ya boy?"

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »

I must say I am a bit of a nerd, yet I have not read the actual book for the movie but another book by the same author entitled, "Silver Kiss." It should be the movie made...just saying. Also, the movie was great for the romantics of the world but not for the true horror fanatics such as myself. I would say that it was decent fx wise but kinda sucky in the sense that the actual werewolves were completely normal wolves. I love a good werewolf story but seriously. What happened to the actual beast werewolf that is not deathly allergic to silver but simply irritated by it. This movie makes werewolves look pathetic.

"Oh,there will be blood."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.