Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:49:56 AM
714235 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming remakes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming remakes  (Read 6958 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 10, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »

Three upcoming remakes intrigue me:

* HALLOWEEN (directed by Rob Zombie)

* INVASION (remake of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, starring Nicole Kidman)

* I AM LEGEND (from the book by Richard Matheson, which also begat THE LAST MAN ON EARTH and THE OMEGA MAN)

I will probably end up seeing all 3 of them for one reason or another.  I'm a little surprised at the HALLOWEEN remake, but I'm sure Rob Zombie will add a few sick twists and surprises.

Any thoughts on these?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:06:25 PM »

HALLOWEEN is the only one I'm really interested in. I trust Rob Zombie to at least do a decent job and put a spin on it. From reading a bit about it it doesn't seem like a train wreck.

Not to keen on INVASION because of Nicole Kidman. Remember her other remake, The Stepford Wives? I believe it can be done well like the later 70s remake but for some reason I feel their going to water it down.

Don't know know much about I Am Legend to comment.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »

Rich:

Check out the I AM LEGEND trailer.  You can see it at IMDB.com and a few other places.  The HALLOWEEN trailer is also online and looks interesting.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:21:09 PM »

Burgo:

Just checked out I Am Legend tralier. It actually looks pretty interesting as it doesn't give to much away like whats with him. The a downside it has is Will Smith. Never impressed me as a actor and can't shake the image that if hes in it it just might be other run of the mill action/scfi film.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:38:23 PM »

Aren't they going to remake Evil Dead also? Thought I saw that on Bruce Campbell IDMB page.

DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »

Aren't they going to remake Evil Dead also? Thought I saw that on Bruce Campbell IDMB page.

Thumbup Thumbup  You mean My Name Is Bruce?  Bruce Campbell as Bruce Campbell gets mistaken for Ash from the Evil Dead movies and ends up having to battle a real monster.  That sounds AMAZING.  Haha.  I can't wait!

++josh;
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »

Thumbup Thumbup  You mean My Name Is Bruce?  Bruce Campbell as Bruce Campbell gets mistaken for Ash from the Evil Dead movies and ends up having to battle a real monster.  That sounds AMAZING.  Haha.  I can't wait!

Not that one ... this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434020/

DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

Not that one ... this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434020/

Oh, haha.  The obvious choice...  Lookingup

I have never really been keen on remakes of movies I enjoyed in the first place.  I'm a little intrigued by Halloween because most of the film is about Michael and his evolution from child to killer to bogeyman.  The sequels touched on this a little bit, but only as trite exposition and hearsay.  There were far too many explosions and car chase segments in the trailer for Invasion, so I don't plan on ever seeing that.  And I haven't heard enough on I Am Legend to form an opinion.

++josh;
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »

Other films they're remaking...

Clash of the Titans- Meh.  The original was cool because of RH, but now it's just going to be a summer blockbust CG fest.  Yawn.

Race with the Devil- I still have yet to see the original.  I really don't know what to think of this movie, and probably won't until more info is unleashed.

The Entity- A reverse!  Japan is remaking an American ghost movie... Hmm...

The Eye- Another Asian horror remake... Great...

Creepshow- We all know about this one.  I'm waiting to see how it turns out, but until then, I'm pretty much in the middle.

The Ring 3- If I remember right, it's supposed to be a remake of Ringu 0: Birthday.

Last House on the Left- ...

The Thing- Also ...

The Wizard of Gore- I'll see it for Brad Dourif. 

The Ten Commandments- Christian Slater = Moses.  That's all I have to say.

One Missed Call- I don't have high hopes.

A Tale of Two Sisters- Another Asian remake.  I don't know much about this one.

The Keep- Honestly, I saw this one coming.

Silent Night, Deadly Night- Let's hope they at least stay away from remaking the sequels.  I really don't want to watch a mannequin dry hump a woman while saying, "OH MOMMY!" again.

April Fool's Day- Why oh why?  The original sucked so much!

Ones I'm surprised they haven't remade... (not that I condone any of them)

House
CHUD
American Werewolf in London
Sweet Home (since they seem to be in a Japan-to-America mood lately)
Jaws
Cujo
Audition
Rosemary's Baby
Don't Look in the Basement
The Howling
Uzumaki
Matango
J-Horror Theater films (Infection, Premonition, or Reincarnation)
Waxwork
20 Million Miles to Earth
Just about any giallo film
Leviathan
Final Exam
The Prowler
Jacob's Ladder

Ones that seem to have been scrapped...

The Thing- I'm kind of glad about this.  It was one that I deemed untouchable.  I still don't know for a fact that it's canned, though, but I can't find a page for it on IMDb.

Daimajin- I was looking forward to this one, especially with Shusuke Kaneko on board. 

The Blob- Was supposed to be done by Dark Castle, but it seems to have dropped off.

Suspiria- Rumor has it that the remake has been canned, but a Japanese company is looking to do an anime based on the movie. 

Rumored Remakes...

Rawhead Rex- This was a short lived rumor.  I haven't heard anything on it in ages.  I'm pretty sure they would have CG'ed the hell out of it, though, and/or made it a Sci-Fi Channel Pictures original.

Friday the 13th- Or maybe it's confirmed.  Hell, I don't know.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 12:26:17 AM »

Ok I was about to SNAP ... but I looked it up on IMDB and it's a animation film likely geared for kids ... I'm ok with that. But don't try to remake the Cecil B. DeMille version. Why that would be like, I don't know re-making the Bible or something.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »

Ok I was about to SNAP ... but I looked it up on IMDB and it's a animation film likely geared for kids ... I'm ok with that. But don't try to remake the Cecil B. DeMille version. Why that would be like, I don't know re-making the Bible or something.

Phew.  I had only heard about it before.  Remaking the DeMille version would just be... well, bad.
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:41 AM »

I would love to see a remake of Cujo.  Instead of a St. bernard,  it should be a pitbull, or a rottwiler.  Maybe give it a Terminator twist to it.  It would be so cool Thumbup

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »

I would love to see a remake of Cujo.  Instead of a St. bernard,  it should be a pitbull, or a rottwiler.  Maybe give it a Terminator twist to it.  It would be so cool Thumbup

You mean like this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371920/

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »

One they'll never remake: The Loves of Count Yorga, Vampire, not that it's because it's a generic vampire film, but rather because they could never "2000ify" the name!

Lessee, instead they could call it "Yorga". Naww. "Count Vampire"? Naww, that's just as bad. "The Loves of the Count"? That's close to an acceptable 2000s title, but not quite! "The Loves of the Vampire"? Too general.

TongueOut

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »

Suspiria- Rumor has it that the remake has been canned, but a Japanese company is looking to do an anime based on the movie.

Dario himself said publicly that the live action one was going to suck, and I think that's what nipped it in the bud. The anime, however, intrigues me - I'm actually excited to see what they do with it.

An Evil Dead remake would also be sacrilage, however, it could possibly be a movie version of the musical, like they did with Reefer Madness and Hairspray.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.