Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:26 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Becoming a Phillies Fan............... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Becoming a Phillies Fan...............  (Read 11333 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:10 PM »

Well.......last night was another tough lost for the Philadelphia Phillies, but they still have 5 games to play. They still have a chance. If they win it will be awesome.

Been watching more baseball the past couple weeks, some of these games are going extra innings. I once thought I might be watching to many movies, but I'm quickly realizing that sports fans watch much much more TV than movie goers. Last week I easily watched about 20 hours of baseball. Compared to maybe 6 hours of movies a week on average.  Been considering cutting back on movies since I'm running out of significantly obscure films to watch, but baseball consumes more viewing time. Fortunately the season is almost over.

Go Phillies..................
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:11:19 PM by Scott » Logged

Scott

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »

The Phillies won tonight. The way I see it they have 4 games left and they have to win at least 3 of those games.

The Mets have 5 games left and if they can win 3 of them then they will probably win the division. In that senario the Phillies would have to win their next 4 games.

The Padres and Rockies have a tough schedule and hopefully the Phillies can get a head of them in the wild card standings.

The Phillies are one of those teams this year that are interesting to watch. They have 47 come from behind wins this year.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:32:09 PM by Scott » Logged

Scott

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 05:06:25 AM »

Ok, the Philadelphia Phillies are tied for 1st place with the New York Mets for the Division title and they are tied for 2nd place with 3 teams for the wild card with 3 games left to play.

This is what baseball is all about, Watching the Phillies this season is insane.

Scott

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »

The National League pennant and wild card races are really tight this year. The Phillies went into 1st place yesterday and then lost today and are now tied for 1st with the Mets.

If both the Phillies and Mets win (or both lose) tommorrow they will be tied and they will have to play one extra game between each other to determine who will be the National League East Champions and if the Padres lose tommorrow and both the Phillies and Mets win then all three teams will have the same record and the losing team between the Phillies and Mets would have to face the Padres to determine the Wild Card winner. Hopefully the Phillies will win tomorrow and the Mets lose, so this senario doesn't happen. Then the Padres and Mets can battle it out while the Phillies stand as National League East Division Champions.

This is all going right down to the final game of the regular season which ends tomorrow. It's going to be interesting.

Go Phillies....................

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 07:18:09 PM »

Phillies are decent.

Granted my favorite 'player' is the Phanatic.   TeddyR

Honestly though.  I hope they pull it out. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Scott

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »

They are great, but they need all the help they can get HappyGilmore. You can't be comfy with the Phillies without a 10 run lead in the 9th. Be sure to be watching or listening tomorrow.  Thumbup

If they bring in Myers tomorrow I'm calling into the bullpen myself for you to pitch HappyGilmore and if your not available then I'm calling in Mitch Williams out of retirement.

They better not let Eaton pitch in the Championships. Call up a minor leaguer pronto or let one of the reserve infielders pitch.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:32:01 PM by Scott » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 08:43:51 AM »

When's the game?

I actually might be working, but if it's on after 5 I'll be able to catch it.

flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 11:38:41 AM »

now that the tigers and the brewers are out I'll start cheering the phillies. Don't know why i like them but i would like to see just about any team win over clevland.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

I missed the game due to work, but heard the Phils won.  Good.  If only the Eagles can do the same tonight.

Scott

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »

They won the National League East Division. They came from behind to win in 47 games this year. More than any other team and they just kept coming and won the division in the last game of the year. What an awesome day for Philadelphia.

Looks like the Phillies will be playing at home on Wednesday against either Colorado or San Diego. Not a 100% sure on that. Colorado and San Diego have to play tomorrow for a Wild Card tie breaker.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:07:50 PM by Scott » Logged

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:04 AM »

Hey Scott,

Remember the earlier posts I wrote about the Field of Dreams?
Well, sadly it seems that a big part of The Field is coming to an end.

Every year, the Ghost Players emerge from the corn and come to play baseball with whoever might happen to be there.
Yesterday was their last time to do so.

I've never seen them there when I was at The Field of Dreams (I live an hour away from it) but I've talked to people who've been there when they "magically" appeared and they told me they'll never forget it.

Turns out, a documentary is being made about the Ghost Players that should be released soon.
Check out the trailer:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROdXvs6sOe0

I so wish I could've been there for their last game.

Here's a Youtube video that let's you see their last appearance the other day.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtFQPGZOuIQ

Read the full article

What a wonderful team they were!
I'm sad to see them go.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 06:58:19 AM by Ash » Logged
Scott

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 12:03:40 AM »

The Ghost Players.....................interesting.

The sport of baseball is magical when the sport is played by people who love it.

Colorado won tonight, so they will play the Phillies in Philadelphia on Wednesday afternoon.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Becoming a Phillies Fan............... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.