Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:37 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Xbox Live/Xbox 360 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Xbox Live/Xbox 360  (Read 8556 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: July 11, 2007, 12:04:25 AM »

So on the 4th of July I went out and bought an Xbox 360.  I'm quite happy with the purchase, as I have spent quite a deal of money to waste all my time playing Geometry Wars and Catan.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody here was on Xbox Live.  I'm in dire need of some friends and would like to exchange gamertags.  My gamertag is, oddly enough, Mofo Rising.

So send me a friend request, and perhaps we'll meet online in a different forum.  I've only got two games, Gears of War and Dead Rising, but we could at least share scores in Geometry Wars.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:24:46 AM »

You made a wise choice buying a 360.
I play mine on Xbox Live everyday.
(well, almost everyday)

My gamertag is ASHTHECAT3.
Feel free to add me as a friend.

I also have Gears of War.
And I'm not very far into it.
Maybe you & I could beat it using co-op mode?

You should pick up Call of Duty 3.
It is hands down, the absolute best WW2 1st person shooter I've ever played.   Thumbup

One other game you should definitely own on Xbox Live Arcade is UNO.
It's so worth the Microsoft points.
I play ranked matches on it all the time.
You have no idea how addicting it is until you play it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 06:54:14 PM by Ash » Logged
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:57:34 PM »

I added you as a friend.

Yeah, I bought some fancy new games, but ended up spending all my time playing Catan.  I'm also tempted to download Symphony of the Night.

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...  Have at you!"

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ash

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »

I've also been thinking about downloading Symphony of the Night.
From what I've read, it looks pretty good.

Check out Gamespot's review below.  They gave it an 8.5 out of 10.
Be sure to watch their video review...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/castlevaniasotn/review.html
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:40:46 PM »

I've also been thinking about downloading Symphony of the Night.
From what I've read, it looks pretty good.

Check out Gamespot's review below.  They gave it an 8.5 out of 10.
Be sure to watch their video review...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/castlevaniasotn/review.html

I've still got my original Castlevania: Symphony of the Night game for the PS1 that I bought originally back in 1997.    One of the best games ever.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 08:58:29 PM »

I've been considering picking up an Xbox360.  I'm still undecided as to whether I should buy one or build a new PC.  I'm not much of a console gamer anymore.

Also, I don't really see the point in buying one since I don't own an HDTV :(

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »

I'm still happy playing my PS2, Dreamcast and Sega Genesis at the moment.    TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 01:03:21 AM »

I've been considering picking up an Xbox360.  I'm still undecided as to whether I should buy one or build a new PC.  I'm not much of a console gamer anymore.

Well, I'm not going to attempt to justify the (rather large) expense, suffice to say I'm quite happy with my purchase.  Especially with the new three year warranty.  I don't have a HDTV, but the games are still awful pretty.

If I had the money I'd probably build a new PC to serve as a media center.

Should you ever join Xbox Live though, let us know.

As for older game systems, I was raised an Intellivision man and I'll die an Intellivision man.

felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 03:42:52 AM »

I don't have an hdtv and the games look fine, sometimes the text on them is a little blurred and having run mine on a friends hdtv the only real difference I could see is the text was a lot crisper, I'll get a hdtv at some point but not at the current price they are.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

Well, I'm not going to attempt to justify the (rather large) expense, suffice to say I'm quite happy with my purchase.  Especially with the new three year warranty.  I don't have a HDTV, but the games are still awful pretty.

If I had the money I'd probably build a new PC to serve as a media center.

Should you ever join Xbox Live though, let us know.

As for older game systems, I was raised an Intellivision man and I'll die an Intellivision man.

At the moment I'm considering building a whole new PC and using my current one as a media center.  It runs Vista just fine, and is a great system but just isn't able to keep up with newer games.

I do love the idea of the 360Arcade though.  Being able to download older games is certainly a big selling point for me.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 01:33:49 AM »

I was wondering if any of you have "skinned" your Xbox yet?

I bought this cool skin recently for around $10.
It kind of reminds me of the Terminator's skull.

Here's my Xbox 360:
(click on the thumbnails to see the full size pics)

Pretty cool eh?
The only thing I don't like about the skins is on the front panel of the Xbox where the power button and disc tray are.
The skin for the front has a tendancy to peel away from the outer edges.  You can smooth it back down, but it'll eventually peel back just a bit.
There are a total of four skins that come in the package.  Two for each side.  One for the front panel and one for the top of the hard drive.
The skins are of good quality and are worth the compliments I get when friends come over.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:40:53 AM by Ash » Logged
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

One of the things I like about the Xbox is the customization options they've offered.  The downside is they charge for all of those.  A skin would really have to jump out at me to purchase it.  Your's looks pretty sharp though, so maybe it's something I'll have to look into.

I spent the entire day the other day playing Symphony of the Night, and the game is just as good as I remember it.  Well worth your time and money.  My little brother bought Oblivion, so I'll probably be onto that next.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Xbox Live/Xbox 360 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.